MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

Random Perth stuff

Visual for 21? ILS must have been out. You hardly get the Int'l doing visual unless all the instrumentations not available. Even last time when 03 didnt have ILS, they made the Intl do VOR approaches while domestic did visuals.

Visual for 21? ILS must have been out. You hardly get the Int'l doing visual unless all the instrumentations not available.

Then how the pilot trained their visual approach skill? only in simulator? dry.gif biggrin.gif

Ummm wats those smoke on the lower left of the second pix? Industrial smoke? You got those shots from the highway that is about to turn to the international terminal? wat's da name of that freeway?
Tonkin Highway, and no this was for rwy21. The smoke was from a smallish bushfire on the Darling Scarp.

Visual for 21? ILS must have been out. You hardly get the Int'l doing visual unless all the instrumentations not available. Even last time when 03 didnt have ILS, they made the Intl do VOR approaches while domestic did visuals.
Geez, TTT...you know PER to well! biggrin.gif ILS rwy21 has been out for a while, with most heavies being offered VOR, or RNAV if equipped. And if the wanted ILS, they had to accept rwy24, which is frequented now by a/c of 767/A330 size due to strengthening and new larger turning nodes at rwy06 threshold (haha, "Speedbird 12" springs to mind) Edited by Liam Gibb

I remember a couple of times when EK, SA (think it was a A340 or 742) coming and going off runway 24... I've been on a 777 which came in on 06 once. Yeah, 06/24 wasnt really used for the biggies unless they really needed it. Still remember a night in July when EK was on its 3rd try for rwy 24 before she finally landed.

I remember that night. EK left off rwy24 that night as well.

Yer, i've seen some random stuff come in rwy06 (having used to live under the flight path). Kampuchea L-1011 opb Merpati was prolly the most random, 74's of all sorts, A340's, you name it!

We got the tail end of the Cyclone Clare today, so was very overcast all day....never the less, didn't stop me pulling the camera out!

"Brunei 65" was opb 767-33AER V8-RBG

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

and from my backyard we have "Qantas 768" opb 767-338ER VH-OGF and "Malaysian 1....24" opb 747-4H6 9M-MPG

user posted image

user posted image

smile.gif Using your mates D70 again Liam hehe, good one.. I like the MH 744 tongue.gif

and from my backyard "Malaysian 1....24" opb 747-4H6 9M-MPG

user posted image

24492[/snapback]

Gibby,

Seems the 744 scheduled ex AMS, will continue to PER (via KUL): see also my highlights list wink.gif

Yer i first started to notice that when both my cousins rocked up (Hibby 1 and 2 tongue.gif ). Will have to list all your birds for a week and mine for a week, as I don't think its everyday it does, but pretty close to! Oh well, will be changing soon, when EWR/ARN get 744's and we get 777's, until Oct (commences Mar 20)

Gibby,

AMS Massie's:

10jan: MPH

11jan: MPK

12jan: MPD (Hibby2)

wink.gif

I thought tenth was -MPG? Anyhoo...

11th: MPG

12th: MPB

13th: who knows!!

24628[/snapback]

nope; here's the january-list sofar:

31dec - MPB (Hibby1)

01jan - MPD (Hibby2)

02jan - MPH

03jan - MPK

04jan - MPN

05jan - MPD (Hibby2)

06jan - MPN

07jan - MPH

08jan - MPA

09jan - MPG

10jan - MPH, for rest see above wink.gif

PER:

1st: -MPB (Was she in AMS on 31st??)

2nd: -MPD

3rd: -MPG

4th: -MPQ

5th: -MPN (AMS-KUL-PER-KUL-AMS)

6th: -MPH (PER-KUL-AMS)

7th: -MPA

8th: -MPJ

9th: -MPQ

10th: -MPG (AMS-KUL-PER)

Dedicated to Pieter, here is two dutch ah moi's  tongue.gif

user posted image

25385[/snapback]

Reminds me of the old KLM cityhopper tail colours wink.gif

Although, that blue was way darker ohmy.gif

Excellent picture, Gibby: just LOVE it smile.gif

Bastard!!! Yer I remember, the switch over of jump seats in a 30 degree AOB turn over Hillaries... laugh.gif

well here's my closest equivalent, taken on the next charters. DHC-8-102 VH-XFU, coming back from Busselton, with two orbits of Rottnest Island...absolutely awesome. Sorry for the quality, was taken 2 and a bit years back now...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Pieter, appreciate the kind words, thanks.

SHEEESSSHHHH!!!!

You got Gillette Birdie and the Yananyi Dreaming... fuuuaaahhh action-pack lah PER.. Dun tell me you got "Share the Spirit" and"CG06" aswell!?!?!?!

Sign in to follow this