MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Fairul

Progress of Kuching International Airport

That's a very nice looking KCH. At least now there is air conditioning for people to send off or greet friends / family members. Can it be confirmed that the viewing gallery is gone?

Frankly I would like something more Sarawakian in design, which gives it more character. As with KLIA, there is more space up in the air (between floor to ceiling) than what matters most... on the ground.

Keep us updated with the progress pictures Fairul.

Back from Sarawak for the Gong Xi Fa Cai hols, and here are some pics I took of Kuching International Airport.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This boy thought I was taking a picture of him. Seriously!

IPB Image

IPB Image

On the way to gate 9 with a couple of friends who were on the same flight.

Overall the airport was nice, although I had to agree with some of my friends - the lighting was too yellowish.

Edited by W Goh

Yeah lah....to yellowish, notice that first.........well same old with KLIA except the jungle thingy in the middle :)

KCH really very pack today around 12pm. There were 11 plane on the airport on one time. 2 of them is waiting for parking..

The new airport really look nice!~ but very less shop now.. and their trolley :wacko:

KCH also can accept A380 too

hm..i dont think so..

hm..i dont think so..

They can accept A380.......................look at this picture carefully, you can see "A380" printed on the concrete(photo taken from flight logbook)

IPB Image

You see ;)

nice airport, the outside look a lot like KUL but the inside look something like PHX skyharbor, AZ and some like IAH terminal E.

Azuddin

They can accept A380.......................look at this picture carefully, you can see "A380" printed on the concrete(photo taken from flight logbook)

They WILL. Once the runway exytension is ready. As of now passangers of a fully loaded A380 will have to disembark using slides at the end of the runway.

seriously KIA can accept A380? but i thought the taxiway and intersection at KIA are rather small to accomodate such large aircraft..but maybe i'm wrong..but if it can ..im happy for it ;)

dante..where did you get the plan layout? you knew someone who works with KLIA consultancy? Global Upline? i also want the same layout...i envy u.. :(

Fairul,

my hometown what... hehe. you want? i might be able to photocopy for you. PM me. :)

Dante..never knew ur from Kuching..ok..i'll pm u. thanks dude!!!

And all government office building look... well exactly the same!

And all school look... the same!

And all hospital look... the same!

And all Hotel Seri Malaysia look... the same!

And all telecom tower look... the same!

and the list goes on...

aiyooo... all the same!!! :blink:

Eventually the word SENTRAL now has been copied(KL sentral, malacca sentral) :)

Melaka Bus station with jungle in the middle-aka KLIA satelite building :lol:

The words TIMES SQUARE , berjaya times square, penang times square(u/c) etc. :blink:

IIRC there is a penang brigde look alike at KL downtown....IIRC

May be Malaysia just want to be all the same :)

Possible future copycat B)

KLCC at Penang

Penang bridge at Putrajaya

Putra mosque at Sabah

KLIA station bus ;)

Empire building at PJ :blink:

Just my opinion :mellow:

If I'm not mistaken, for a building to have the name "..... Times Square" requires some sort of 'franchise' from somewhere. Perhaps SV may have a clearer idea ? I know there is a Times Square in Beijing (and of course in New York !)

I wonder why new malaysian airports or redeveloped ones like to implement J Parking Method on Docking Gates...LBU is like that and KIA now also like that. No more BKI style parking. (Watever the parking type calls.) :p

J type parking..parking with those swivel-type aerobridges?

speaking bout that, bay 7 is not equiped with that type of a/bridge as shown on dante's charts & display model. rather with the static,sliding type (A.K.A old school,BKI style. only thing is its all glass)

And the width between bay 7 & 8 is quite small suggesting that bay 7 MIGHT NOT support widebodies

Fault found? :huh:

Yea, how did u get those?? can i have a look at it this Tuesday? hehe.. just wondering.. any ILS to be installed for Runway 07, so that next time I hope Kl inbound flights land direct on Runway 07 haha.. nice place to shoot em mar... and any perimeter road at Runway 25 when the extension is complete?? The place where we spot near the bomba is meant for the taxiway extension.. so need new place to spotlah..

And How come i didnt see double aerobridge to bay 9 (currently)? For a A380, need one for the upper deck, one for the lower deck.. haven't installed leh!!! :)

Yah.can i have a copy too? :)

A380 will come here,empty. Continue the tradition of jumbo landing at new airport launches.

That is if MH buys it. :rolleyes:

IPB Image

J Parking: Coz they come in straight then turn away 45 degrees from the terminal. Just like a letter "J".

Nose-in: Can apply to aerobridge gates or docking gates where the parking is just straight to the terminal with the nose of the aircraft facing the terminal.

The BKI docking gates parking is the planes need to come in straight and turn 90 degrees away from the terminal with the tail r directly facing the terminal. (Dunno what it called)

Sign in to follow this