MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Bennedic

AK KCH base

Aiyoo, last time the old sibu airport was the busiest airport in Malaysia ..

Wonder, what will happen if Mukah airport is ready ...

Of coz, Ak will benefit this coz TF can create a new route ..

Ex:

Mukah - KLIA

Mukah - Singapore

Mukah - JB

Mukah - Pontianak

Mukah - Miri

Mukah - Sibu ???

How about MH ?

Edited by Nizam

that is such as sad news... how come this always happens to KCH...prejudice...bah.....

Aiyooo so sad hoh.. what to do.. vote BN also no use... they can't HELP!!!!

Be optimistic, look on the bright side... AirAsia Indonesia will be launching CGK-KCH soon!! ;)

Heard that Jakarta is a good place for shopping, on the par if not better than KL & Sin.

I think all these rumours are gibberish. There's no any words coming out from Tony. Besides, Kuching - Macau route will be increased to daily by this October and AK is introducing new Kuching - Jakarta route. Kuching by far still records higher annual total passenger than Penang does, the 3rd busiest airport in Malaysia.

I think all these rumours are gibberish. There's no any words coming out from Tony. Besides, Kuching - Macau route will be increased to daily by this October and AK is introducing new Kuching - Jakarta route. Kuching by far still records higher annual total passenger than Penang does, the 3rd busiest airport in Malaysia.

It's not a rumour. It's confirmed by a pilot of AK, also a member of this forum. And the CGK-KCH route is operated by Indo AirAsia, QZ.

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

No worries Mike Papa Whiskey Charlie, that doesn't affect the flight traffic at all, it's just that you see less plane nitestopping Kch thats all, all routes still maintain...

It's not a rumour. It's confirmed by a pilot of AK, also a member of this forum. And the CGK-KCH route is operated by Indo AirAsia, QZ.

Still a rumour, there's no official press release or any words coming out from Tony, even whatever said by Tony cannot be fully trusted. Like some of the promises. I can't see a reason why they will close down the hub in Kuching.

Still a rumour, there's no official press release or any words coming out from Tony, even whatever said by Tony cannot be fully trusted. Like some of the promises. I can't see a reason why they will close down the hub in Kuching.

They won't release a press statement for something like this.. :rolleyes:

They won't release a press statement for something like this.. :rolleyes:

So it's just a mouthful thing, nothing is confirmed. In recent, AK still announced to strengthen Kuching's hub, introducing Kuching - Bangkok, Kuching - Singapore, Kuching - Perth. This is something can be found from the press and would be more meaningful to be discussed.

A pilot is just a pilot, he just flies the plan. He doesn't run on the marketing or the management.

A pilot is just a pilot, he just flies the plan. He doesn't run on the marketing or the management.

You have to admit though, the said AK pilot would have far better access to such info than say you or I ?

That is unless you reveal to us that you are somehow involved in AK's marketing or management, or in KCH's management ?

:pardon:

btw, it should be spelt plane, that is what pilots normally manoeuvre about :)

Edited by BC Tam

You have to admit though, the said AK pilot would have far better access to such info than say you or I ?

That is unless you reveal to us that you are somehow involved in AK's marketing or management, or in KCH's management ?

:pardon:

btw, it should be spelt plane, that is what pilots normally manoeuvre about :)

Cool off guys,... like I've said, the Kuching hub thingy is more an argument about nitestopping issues rather than stopping it from become a hub. Kch-Sin is surely a go in the near near future, Kch-Bkk will really have to wait and see, Kch-Per will depend on how soon AKX get their busses, Kch-CGK already almost up an running... so what is there to worry...

My main worries is that it's really getting bored spotting 733/4 and A320's only.... nothing else!!! DAMN!!! <_>

Cool off guys,... like I've said, the Kuching hub thingy is more an argument about nitestopping issues rather than stopping it from become a hub. Kch-Sin is surely a go in the near near future, Kch-Bkk will really have to wait and see, Kch-Per will depend on how soon AKX get their busses, Kch-CGK already almost up an running... so what is there to worry...

My main worries is that it's really getting bored spotting 733/4 and A320's only.... nothing else!!! DAMN!!! <_<

Truth to be told, KCH is more of an O&D destination than anything else. It's going to take a lot of demand to induce any carrier to operate anything larger than the 737/A320. There's the ATR to wait for though...

So it's just a mouthful thing, nothing is confirmed. In recent, AK still announced to strengthen Kuching's hub, introducing Kuching - Bangkok, Kuching - Singapore, Kuching - Perth. This is something can be found from the press and would be more meaningful to be discussed.

Yes we just do fly airplanes from point A to point B.Other than that we are just dumb people who are cooped up at the front end of a metal tube which goes around the wide blue yonder.

By the way that info came from the mouth of Dato TF himself.was informed during company briefing among AK pilots with TF.if you dont want to believe and wait for a press statement by the company well you can wait for that,no prob.anyway we pilots dont get involved with the marketing and etc.we are just jet drivers,thats all.

Hehehe...wah...can really feel the heat in here!Whatever the decision AK makes...they have their own reasons...having crew over here means they have to buy a car, rent a house, be apart from their family.Kesian also la.I mean if you really see MAS, KCH is also not their base.Gone were the days when my neighbours were 4-5 flights attendants sharing a house. MAS vans coming to pick them and send them. Now if they have a overnight timetable, they are put up in hotels.If you are like my cousin and happens to be a Kuchingnite, then you'll ask your family to take you home for dinner and rush you off to the airport the next day. Just their that planes spend cold and lonely nights at KCH tarmac.In terms of operation,Ak will still maintain the same no. of flights right?Just that like most LCC they have return to their base from now on?So no more red and white planes in KCH at night anymore. KCH-MFM will become daily soon...good news for Kuchingites...i saw a group of 50-60 year old uncles and aunties telling each other what they are going to gamble on once in Macau!Hilarious!!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Hehehe...wah...can really feel the heat in here!Whatever the decision AK makes...they have their own reasons...having crew over here means they have to buy a car, rent a house, be apart from their family.Kesian also la.I mean if you really see MAS, KCH is also not their base.Gone were the days when my neighbours were 4-5 flights attendants sharing a house. MAS vans coming to pick them and send them. Now if they have a overnight timetable, they are put up in hotels.If you are like my cousin and happens to be a Kuchingnite, then you'll ask your family to take you home for dinner and rush you off to the airport the next day. Just their that planes spend cold and lonely nights at KCH tarmac.In terms of operation,Ak will still maintain the same no. of flights right?Just that like most LCC they have return to their base from now on?So no more red and white planes in KCH at night anymore. KCH-MFM will become daily soon...good news for Kuchingites...i saw a group of 50-60 year old uncles and aunties telling each other what they are going to gamble on once in Macau!Hilarious!!

What heat... its raining everyday.. i feel cold hahahah... anyways.. yeah.. no. of flghts remains just the stop over nitestop will come to and end... it's ok for me, because i'm more interested in spotting rather than counting aircraft sleeping at the terminals :lol: Kch-Bali also soon to come ehhh... now thats eye opening.. well Mike Papa Whiskey Charlie.... dont worry lah... how many times i need to comfort you... its still a hub, only probably nitestopping will be out of their menu thats all... UNLESSSS off course your GF is one of the FA's then that would be one reason why you are frustrated over this tiny miny issue hehehe.. cheers bro... :drinks:

I am interested to see how will AK pull this off when MAS has failed. With their lower cost structure, AK might turn out to be the winner. Interesting to see AK mention KUC-PER because that was one of the routes which MAS was flying but never made a profit.

the date is out. the tentative last date of KCH hub operations is on the 14th of May. the 2 733s will N/S in BKI.

Sorry but what is NS? So the news of KCH building another LCCT is now useless I presume?

the date is out. the tentative last date of KCH hub operations is on the 14th of May. the 2 733s will N/S in BKI.

So meaning to say after 14th May, I'll not be able to see AK babies nitestopping rite kekeke :nea:

So meaning to say after 14th May, I'll not be able to see AK babies nitestopping rite kekeke :nea:

But I heard TF said that they will base A320 in KCH in the news report on the launching of KCH-CGK route...

NOw everythin is sooo confusing.... :pardon:

Dont be confused.. just as long as planes still keeps flying in and out of here, I'm ok.. I dont mind if they stop nitestopping. :p