MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Bennedic

AK KCH base

I have 2 AK flights coming up in July which are scheduled to be operated out of the KCH base and I just want to know when will KCH start receiving A320s.

Basically i'm trying to avoid the A320s whenever I can but with JHB having all A320s already, it's getting more and more difficult.

7-Jul-08 AIR ASIA 5933 MYY-KCH

7-Jul-08 AIR ASIA 5709 KCH-JHB

Thanks

I have 2 AK flights coming up in July which are scheduled to be operated out of the KCH base and I just want to know when will KCH start receiving A320s.

Basically i'm trying to avoid the A320s whenever I can but with JHB having all A320s already, it's getting more and more difficult.

7-Jul-08 AIR ASIA 5933 MYY-KCH

7-Jul-08 AIR ASIA 5709 KCH-JHB

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, most people try their best to get the newer plane, but why you prefer their old plane instead?

Just out of curiosity, most people try their best to get the newer plane, but why you prefer their old plane instead?

Well, too much of the same thing makes flying on AK boring. I've only flown 2 733 flights in my life, one AK and one FD. On the other hand, i've had more than 15 A320 flights for the yr 2007 alone.

As an enthusiast I feel it is apt to fly on something which is going to disappear very soon over something which I have flown on many times before and will fly on many more occasions in the future.

Besides, I have something against the A320 family. Haha

Edited by Bennedic

Well, too much of the same thing makes flying on AK boring. I've only flown 2 733 flights in my life, one AK and one FD. On the other hand, i've had more than 15 A320 flights for the yr 2007 alone.

As an enthusiast I feel it is apt to fly on something which is going to disappear very soon over something which I have flown on many times before and will fly on many more occasions in the future.

Besides, I have something against the A320 family. Haha

Then travel with the MH jelly fish? :pardon: If I could sense you wanted more 737 series experience :blink: no ?

Edited by Azrin A

Then travel with the MH jelly fish? :pardon: They have more 734s if I could sense you wanted more 733s experience :blink: no ?

Price... Although at RM77 with taxes for JHB-KUL I might just book myself on MH for once.

Price... Although at RM77 with taxes for JHB-KUL I might just book myself on MH for once.

Wah so fast :clapping: The reply came before I can even managed to post the edited version. Superbly-fast Bennedict :rolleyes:

Hmm,AK still using B733 for SBW-KCH-SBW vv operations.

Afraid not for long.KCH base is slated for closure in the very near future.All intra Sarawak flights will be done either from KUL,JHB and BKI bases.By May 08 all baese in Malaysia will be fully A320 ops.AK is accelerating the return to lessors of all the B733s.After the completion of AirAsia Malaysian ops,next will be ThaiAirAsia and lastly will be IndonAirAsia,probably next year QZ will be equipped with A320s.VinaAirAsia will be equipped with A320s but the PhilAirAsia will be with B733s.

Afraid not for long.KCH base is slated for closure in the very near future.All intra Sarawak flights will be done either from KUL,JHB and BKI bases.By May 08 all baese in Malaysia will be fully A320 ops.AK is accelerating the return to lessors of all the B733s.After the completion of AirAsia Malaysian ops,next will be ThaiAirAsia and lastly will be IndonAirAsia,probably next year QZ will be equipped with A320s.VinaAirAsia will be equipped with A320s but the PhilAirAsia will be with B733s.

Any idea why AK closing it's KCH base? What about their flights? So say when people want to travel from KCH to MYY needs to transit in BKI before arriving in MYY? Or MH will handle back?

You're gonna be serious with it,Azmir :blink: What will happen with KCH-Macao route? STB is gonna dislike it.

Why are flights into Kuching getting lesser and lesser??? I mean its an international airport with the worst location ever!!! Whats wrong?? We have practically everything but the reality is its better off without it, less frustration that way!!! <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_aggressive.gif" alt=":aggressive:">

You're gonna be serious with it,Azmir :blink: What will happen with KCH-Macao route? STB is gonna dislike it.

Due to manpower shortages plus the unpopularity among aircrews (tech/FAs) to being based in KCH,TF has decided to close the ops in KCH.But flights will still be carriedout as per normal intra-state of Sarawak but it will terminate at the respective bases instead of at KCH.ie KUL-KCH-SBW-KCH-KUL.,JHB-KCH-BKI-KCH-JHB.,BKI-KCH-MFM-BKI.

Afraid not for long.KCH base is slated for closure in the very near future.

So the rumors are true. :drinks:

O/T: AK's new productivity rate is creating quite a stir at MH. Guess you'll get some new captains soon?

Wow....this is definately a shocking news..Thanks for the news,Azmir.

This is definately an advantage for MH & MASWings :rolleyes:

Whatever,... whatever.... Kch Sux I reckon.... :cray:

So the rumors are true. :drinks:

O/T: AK's new productivity rate is creating quite a stir at MH. Guess you'll get some new captains soon?

Sorry for being O/T Capt,but isnt MAS techcrew having a new pay revision soon?Heard rumors that its gonna be some 30-40% increase.At AK ,beginning Apr 08 all Capts regardless of which fleet will get a productivity at $195@block hr and FOs with TT> 2500 at $75@block hr.

Sorry for being O/T Capt,but isnt MAS techcrew having a new pay revision soon?Heard rumors that its gonna be some 30-40% increase.At AK ,beginning Apr 08 all Capts regardless of which fleet will get a productivity at $195@block hr and FOs with TT> 2500 at $75@block hr.

30-40 % ?. Over the Board dead bodies ! :p

Edited by Ahmad M

Aiyah...how come so sad???KCH base not popular...hire more Sarawakian lar...the problem is most crew i ask are from KL and BKI and JB...mana org nak berjauhan with their love ones...thats it guys...we might as well as close down KCH airport...what else could be done you tell me??Soon I bet, AK will cut down their daily flights to KCH...for the past few days..AK KUL-KCH cancelled at least 1 flight....

Aiyah...how come so sad???KCH base not popular...hire more Sarawakian lar...the problem is most crew i ask are from KL and BKI and JB...mana org nak berjauhan with their love ones...thats it guys...we might as well as close down KCH airport...what else could be done you tell me??Soon I bet, AK will cut down their daily flights to KCH...for the past few days..AK KUL-KCH cancelled at least 1 flight....

Yarlar, nothing to sob sob for now,.. very common to have one flight at least cancelled by AK from Kul to Kch bcoz its not full, happened to mine last week, smart move by AK, but not good for MAB Kuching, less profit.

Another thing is that BI's load is fairly poor, that will definitely end by latest end of year... no big deal... Kuching is the dullest International Airport in Malaysia... should have entered the Malaysian Book of Unwanted Records hahaha :drinks:

Sarawak is a nice and interesting state to visit, and STB has been promoting Sarawak in almost all travel and tourism events like MATTA and Tourism Malaysia's Cuti-cuti Malaysia expos.

Perhaps due to direct flights to cities and towns which are closest to the more visible tourism products e.g. Miri to Mulu, Bario, Limbang; Sibu to Kapit etc. that make people bypass KCH.

When Mukah airpot is ready ...

I think the number of flight come to KIA will decrease again ..