MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kandiah k

News on MH Alliance and Aircrafts

Does anyone know whats happening with the alliance news for MH and the aircraft purchase which keeps being deferred constantly ?

The last we all heard about MH's alliance news was when rumour had it that AF and MH were having some "issues".

The aircraft issues were postponed to end of this year but it has been postponed from April 2004 till now.

mad.gif laugh.gif

Last I heard, MH officials were in Dubai recently having their final talks with Emirates and Virgin on forming the world's 4th major alliance called "We're-just-too-cool-to-be-in-any-other-alliance" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

With regards to the fleet renewal, any smart pundit would place they're bets on MH purchasing the 737NG's judging from the recent 738 leasing and MH's long history with the 737s...........I still personally favour the A32X though!

Edited by Jamie H

MAS will probably form an alliance with Myanmar airways international, air asia, berjaya air, jatayu, top air, uzbekistan airlines and macedonian airlines.

i don't know what the hold up is all about... doesn't anybody know what's going on with regards to Alliances ? i know there are people here that are quite intimate with other aspects of MH's operations..

pieter? anything exciting from the european perspective?

how are you keeping anyways?

smile.gif

Last I heard, MH officials were in Dubai recently having their final talks with Emirates and Virgin on forming the world's 4th major alliance called "We're-just-too-cool-to-be-in-any-other-alliance"        laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

With regards to the fleet renewal, any smart pundit would place they're bets on MH purchasing the 737NG's judging from the recent 738 leasing and MH's long history with the 737s...........I still personally favour the A32X though!

11996[/snapback]

well... that alliance there wouldnt be that bad an idea!! as long as we get Virgin Blue to cover OZ/NZ, and then get some american airline to help out, it woudlnt be that bad

Last I heard, MH officials were in Dubai recently having their final talks with Emirates and Virgin on forming the world's 4th major alliance called "We're-just-too-cool-to-be-in-any-other-alliance"        laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Would EK cannibalise MH though ?

well... that alliance there wouldnt be that bad an idea!! as long as we get Virgin Blue to cover OZ/NZ, and then get some american airline to help out, it woudlnt be that bad

12014[/snapback]

I think it'll be more like Virgin Atlantic and not Virgin Blue, though it could be both. That's if that 4th alliance do materialises.

Malaysia Airlines will not join any alliance after its IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) agenda is accomplished. One of the four objectives after mission accomplished is ... a global alliance.

They told us during the IOSA briefing for cabin crew and Malaysia Airlines staff at Malaysia Airlines Academy months ago.

As part of the programme, Malaysia Airlines currently is conducting/beef-up its safety audit or flight check on selected flights for its cabin crew. unsure.gif But then again, Idris Jala and new people are coming, let's hope they materialize this urgency (alliance) as soon as possible biggrin.gif

Let's hope IDRIS JALA does something about this alliance thing and aircraft renewal soon, or MH may be left out far behind than it already is !!!

sad.gif

From another perspective, just get our own house in order first & get the pax (and revenue) flowing in. When that is in place, then the 'alliances' will come knocking on your door with open invitations, whatever 'issues' there may be will miraculously dissolve into thin air.

IIRC, that was the scenario with SQ's entry into Star, despite objections from TG at that time.

People like to be associated with 'winners', not red ink bleeding, blame spouting excuses,

Would EK cannibalise MH though ?

12020[/snapback]

It's already happened... tongue.gif

Let's hope IDRIS JALA does something about this alliance thing and aircraft renewal soon, or MH may be left out far behind than it already is !!!

sad.gif

Let's hope Idris Jala pushes for MH to join Oneworld!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif (SORRY GUYS, BIG BIG BIG ONEWORLD SUPPORTER HERE)

Malaysia Airlines will not join any alliance after its IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) agenda is accomplished. One of the four objectives after mission accomplished is ... a global alliance.

Fairizuan, any idea on when this so called Safety Audit will be completed?

MAS will probably form an alliance with Myanmar airways international, air asia, berjaya air, jatayu, top air, uzbekistan airlines and macedonian airlines.

Subtle sarcasm at its best! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Let's hope Idris Jala pushes for MH to join Oneworld!!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif (SORRY GUYS, BIG BIG BIG ONEWORLD SUPPORTER HERE)

No need to join OneWorld anymore with both biggies CX and JL in the alliance already; agree Skyteam would be better, as they lack a South-East Asian carrier at present (only Korean is Asian carrier)...

No need to join OneWorld anymore with both biggies CX and JL in the alliance already; agree Skyteam would be better, as they lack a South-East Asian carrier at present (only Korean is Asian carrier)...

Hehehe.....I had a gut feeling you had something to say about that Pieter!! biggrin.gif

Dont worry....Im at the brink of accepting the inevitable: MH joining ST...makes more sense

I will however continue to dream of MH in OW (if you'd look at it from another perspective, look at STAR : SQ, TG, Asiana, ANA are all pretty big Asian carriers; so its still possible for MH to complement CX and JAL)

Joining OneWorld would generate too much competition within the alliance on the main UK-Australia routing(s)...

doubt it, as also China Southern is joining: think they're more of a threat to CI, besides MH covers AU/NZ better than CI...

Pieter, FIY, CI is the code of China Airlines of Taiwan, R.O.C.

China Southern's IATA code is CZ, I think.

Someday I think they should get rid of silly names like China Southern and China Eastern, Western or Northern, which created a hell lot of confusion. Can't they get a bit more creative? Would be surprised if anyone actually boarded the wrong plane.....

Edited by S V Choong

CI is said to be joining Skyteam in 2006.

Threat to MH in any way ?

sad.gif

13140[/snapback]

I know, my friend S V, that's why I said CZ is more of a threat to CI (and vice-versa) than MH is wink.gif

I know, my friend S V, that's why I said CZ is more of a threat to CI (and vice-versa) than MH is  wink.gif

13159[/snapback]

So is it CI or CZ that would be joining SkyTeam now ?

So is it CI or CZ that would be joining SkyTeam now ?

13164[/snapback]

Hehe.....I think China Southern along with Aeroflot are definitely joining in 2006.....

The news of China Airlines joining Skyteam, just like MH, is nothing more but just rumours - nothing black and white yet!

I know, my friend S V, that's why I said CZ is more of a threat to CI (and vice-versa) than MH is 

Pieter, I don't know if CI is a threat to CZ given the fact that they are politically separated and they operates out of different cities and different countries (lets leave that one china policy behind for a second biggrin.gif ). Is CI think of joining sky team?

Completely new to me, S V, however, it was Kandiah to start this: can you provide us some kinda proof ?

ohmy.gif unsure.gif

Alamak.....ok....I read about the news of CI joining Skyteam in another website; airliners.net.

The difference between CI and CZ is that CI is a Taiwan (TPE) based operated airline and CZ is a Chinese based airline (CAN). Both have different routes and coverage of certain routes are conquered by the other (corect me if Im wrong)

CZ operates more flights into Australasia than CI. CI has better coverage in Europe than CZ.

So my question is, with CZ and CI so close to us (SE Asia), does it have any threat to MH ? In due course, CZ and CI may strat services to BNE, MEL, ADL and PER and it may be a threat to MH in some way. My question is, what do you all think about CI joining STeam together with CZ ?

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

So my question is, with CZ and CI so close to us (SE Asia), does it have any threat to MH ? In due course, CZ and CI may strat services to BNE, MEL, ADL and PER and it may be a threat to MH in some way.

13294[/snapback]

I certainly don't think so as MH got a much better reputation than the two Chinese Carriers mentioned. Beside many people tend to avoid flying with CI because of their lousy safety record. And CZ, a PRC carrier, the air fare is still government controlled, if i'm not mistaken. Go to BA or AF website and search for the round-trip air fare between China and their respective hub, it's normally more expensive than KUL and SIN.

My question is, what do you all think about CI joining STeam together with CZ ?

blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

13294[/snapback]

I personally don't think it's a big deal as long as they are not sharing the same base. SkyTeam for example, got 3 US carriers as member and we have to see the problem yet.

I know, my friend S V, that's why I said CZ is more of a threat to CI (and vice-versa) than MH is

Or perhaps we should say CI is more of a treat to CZ because CI have friendlier crew, better products and also better known especially in the US and EU.

Sign in to follow this