MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Amsterdam-Schiphol 2008-2013 pictures

Uncle Pieter, Thanks for sharing the link. :drinks:

From my point of view, the flowery patterns on the a/c is a lil bit too much and looks a bit messy.

Edited by MIR

Nice repaint there..thanks for sharing uncle pieter!

Edited by Raj

Dedicated to the moderator of this section, uncle Norman :pardon:

Both from the United Kingdom of Great-Britain & Northern-Ireland - the dark-blue one is used for calibration-work:

AMS29jul08002.jpg

this one flirting/blinking at you :pardon:

AMS30jul08002.jpg

Registration re-applied, the beauty should be ready by tomorrow and should depart for Moscow 27- or 28jul08, in time to get all the Russian Olympic teams to PEK ;)

AMS25jul2008002.jpg

Wow a special livery for the Olympic team, very nice :good::clapping:

Found a nice visitor today in the Martinair hangar :pardon:

D-AOLG - Fokker 100 - Ostfrisische Luft Taxi

AMS02aug2008001.jpg

for more information about the airline, check the website mentioned on the engine ;) :

AMS02aug2008002.jpg

Uncle Pieter, Thanks for sharing the Ostfrisische Luft Taxi Fokker 100.:drinks: Is she getting a new front landing gear ?

Edited by MIR

Is she getting a new front landing gear ?

No idea; is in for a B-check and also stab-trim complaint (hence "open" tail)...

A first F100 for our own Frisian airline I guess? This bird is ex? US? TAM?

Any idea when she's getting out of MP hangar Pieter?

Cornelis,

OLT 100 is ex US and was parked outside at Schiphol-East the whole day today...probably waiting crew :pardon:

Two other Dutch Ladies were interesting visitors today:

One in her new dress for Skyways (just out of the QAPS-hangar here, and crew doing walk-around):

AMS04aug2008003.jpg

The other in a military dress; normally based at Eindhoven airport:

AMS04aug2008004.jpg

Not much happening at the General Aviation side of Schiphol Airport lately :sorry:

However, today, we admired a lovely bizzer from Down-Under :yahoo:

Dedicated to Gibby, who loves this Bombardier jet so much and Aussie-registered some-more !!! :pardon:

AMS16aug2008001.jpg

Long way from 'home'...

Yesterday @ AMS.

Starting with Pieter's fleet. Showing that we still have lots of different "liveries" for the Fokker fleet! :pardon:

fokkersgs4.jpg

Here some more (specials) or nice shots:

Axis :yahoo:

AMSS1.jpg

AMSS2.jpg

BMI Baby with renewed livery! :D

AMSS3.jpg

AMSS4.jpg

Finnair Retro

AMSS7.jpg

AMSS8.jpg

Cornelis..FANTASTIC SHOTS !!! :clapping: Great collection of Cityhoppers. I've never seen the white F100 before. :yahoo: Good catch of the Retrojet !

Uncle Pieter, when is KLC getting their new E-jets ? :unknw:

Thx MIR! White Fokker 100 is in fleet from June 2008 till I guess December 08 / January 09.

First Fokker 100 being phased out is in November or already in October Pieter? Wasn't it PH-KLG? Have seen KLG yesterday :pardon:

First Embraer is being expected in September I guess. Air France already having them? They are not sending them to AMS tough :(

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

Uncle Pieter, when is KLC getting their new E-jets ? :unknw:

First E190 (PH-EZA) is due to arrive beginning of November...

White F100 (PH-MJL) is leased till end-of-November, with one month option (to cover eventual delays of E190 deliveries)...

Cornelis,

Thanks for including so many KLC Dutch Ladies: was glad to provide you with so much variety :pardon: ;)

I knew you would include OH-LVE !!! :pardon:

Doesn't she look fabulous ? :huh: :good:

Where is D-AMAJ ? :blink:

Great weather last weekend and 'great' visitor at Schiphol :pardon: :

AMS31aug2008005.jpg

No guessing, please, where she is from... :sorry:

It has been a while since something @ AMS was posted here, so, let me revive the thread :pardon:

Eventhough it's an "old" 733, this PH-BDA will be re-painted into the 'new dress':

AMS11oct2008015.jpg

Had a very nice military visitor today, and with excellent weather, this is the result of the RAF XV290:

AMS11oct2008006.jpg

AMS11oct2008008.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them... ;)

Is that a refueling probe above the cockpit?

Yes, it is :pardon:

Was surprised to see her @ AMS myself, probably a diversion - it departed for OSL btw...

wow.. always a pleasure to see blue sky pics.. and those charlies with fuel probe looks just as stunning.. :clapping:

Here some shots again from the Airport I think is my home airport. I've done a couple of hours of spotting at AMS since long time.

AMSB1.jpg

Egypt Air 772

AMSB2.jpg

Iberia A319 in retro colors

AMSB3.jpg

And finally Saudi Arabian. They promissed 747SP to pick up the sister of the Sheikh but they changed to B777 :cray:

AMSB4.jpg

So, a long drive for 'nothing' CeeBee :p

I was luckier the other day @ LHR in that case :pardon: (see appropriate LHR-topic)

Love the retro-319, though :good:

There is never a dull moment at Schiphol Airport - truly one of the most remarkable aviation spotting location anywhere in the world. The variety of locations is mind-boggling and one could get approach, touchdown, rollout after landing, line-up, take-off, rotation, climbout . . . shots. And just about every day, there is something special or unexpected, especially for this deprived spotter from Singapore.

I have since June 2005 been visiting AMS (and along with that Hamburg-Finkenwerder - yet another remarkable location) and through the kind hospitality of a dear friend and his wife (Mischa and Cynthia), I was able to enjoy some of the best spotting moments of my life. And in such great company, I too have found the one place in the Netherlands where I deposited a piece of me . . . and will always enjoy going back. This place is Kinderdijk where 19 windmills give one plenty of opportunities for windmill spotting and photography.

mw1-Kinderdijk-2008-09-04-17Vr-1.jpg

Back to the serious business of aviation spotting. One of my favourite subject is AMS-based B747-300 of Surinam Airways. Sadly, this is probably my final sighting of her as a more youthful B777 is reportedly replacing her sometime next year. Although the light wasn't great for this early-morning landing, it was after all likely to be my final sighting.

mw1-PZ-TCM-2008-09-11-04Cr-Surinam-.jpg

Another one performing a disappearing act is this B737 of Sterling Airways. The airline was so badly in the red that it had to declare insolvency.

mw1-OY-MAA-2008-09-11-01Cr-Sterling.jpg

One of my favourite LCC livery anywhere in the world is that of Vueling . . . no matter how dotty the rest of the plane is, my beady eyes are always drawn to that single yellow dot on the tail. The combination of yellow and grey is absolutely stunning - particularly when the light is great.

mw1-EC-JGM-2008-09-11-02Cr-Vueling-.jpg

From Israel came this simple but yet beautiful A320 of Israir. This livery works with just about any plane but for me, it is best on the B757s . . .

mw1-4X-ABC-2008-09-11-03Cr-Israir-A.jpg

Finally, a decent shot of Kenya Airways' B767-300ER. At Bangkok, I kept failing to catch this in good light or angle . . . and on previous visits to AMS, I always find myself at the wrong spot. Love this livery and the very unconventional cheatlines using the patriotic colours of the Kenyan flag.

mw1-5Y-KQY-2008-09-11-02Cr-KQ-B763-.jpg

In Asia, we are so used to seeing only large planes with Star Alliance livery . . . but here, one could even see this smart livery on the tiny CRJ700 of Lufthansa.

mw1-D-ACPT-2008-09-11-04Cr-StarAlli.jpg

Last year, I saw this BAe146-200 in Finkenwerder - ferrying Airbus personnel between Toulouse and Finkenwerder. This duty has since been taken over by OLT's Fokker 100 . . . and just as I was beginning to miss it in Finkenwerder, I caught it in AMS.

mw1-D-AMAJ-2008-09-11-01Cr-WDL-BAe1.jpg

Each visit to AMS, I seem to catch KLM either about to retire one aircraft type or introducing another. At one time, it was the B767-300s going away and on this trip, it was the introduction of the B737-700 (which I will post a pic at another time) and also the longest blue tube in the sky, its spanking new B777-300ER. This is already operating into MNL but we hope to also see it in KUL and SIN next year.

mw1-PH-BVA-2008-09-11-01Cr-B77W-APS.jpg

Armavia - somehow this name keeps giving me the impression that it is more of a military outfit than an airline . . . but I love the colour combination in its livery, seen here paraded by an A320. During my last visits, it had an all-white B737-500. If this airline is serious about the German market next door, it should consider a name-change. The German's might just interpret this airline name as "Poor-Air" as "Arm" means poor.

mw1-EK32008-2008-09-11-01Cr-Armavia.jpg

Such a classic livery . . . LOT Polish never seems to need a livery change for it looks great on all manners of planes. My early memories of LOT are from its B707s and IL-62Ms that operated to Singapore . . . of the B767-200s in Bangkok. Now with the tiny little E-Jets from Embraer, it looks just as great, especially when this pilot held the nose high from touchdown till all the way to the end of its roll-out. Definitely the longest I have seen a plane held its "nose in the air" after landing, a feat the pilots can be proud of.

mw1-SP-LDB-2008-09-11-01Cr-E175-TDP.jpg

More pics to follow in future . . . no hurry though.

KC Sim