MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Amsterdam-Schiphol 2008-2013 pictures

Thanks Pieter for each and every installment of great pics. Love the Rusjet Yak . . . Yaks are absolutely not yuckky.

Always enjoyed what you capture in the hangar . . . and allowing us a peep into what's new and often exotic.

Questions:

1. The "Operated by Martinair Cargo" sticker on PH-CKA is only on the port side, is that correct? Saw it in SIN earlier this week but saw no sticker on starboard side where I was standing.

2. Kenya Airways MD-11 . . . due to short lease, will it therefore retain its KLM colours? Will there be any additional marking indicating its lease to KQ?

KC Sim

Dedicated to Gibby: VH-MXK; she is a long way from home
Cheers Pieter! Thats her 2nd visit to AMS that i'm aware, the last time was last year on her delivery flight. She's due home in Perth from Phuket in 90mins time. She may be the 3rd CL601 built, way back in 1983, but she has probably the nicest IFE of any jet in the skies...a nintendo Wii!!!

Thanks Pieter for each and every installment of great pics.

Questions:

1. The "Operated by Martinair Cargo" sticker on PH-CKA is only on the port side, is that correct? Saw it in SIN earlier this week but saw no sticker on starboard side where I was standing.

2. Kenya Airways MD-11 . . . due to short lease, will it therefore retain its KLM colours? Will there be any additional marking indicating its lease to KQ?

KC Sim

You're welcome, KC, and happy to share !!! :pardon:

1-indeed, only port side; rumours are both will be painted in full MP colours in about 6-8 months from now...

2-no stickers or other markings will be applied to the KQ operating MD11's, as they will interchange with the 'normal' KLM operated routes...

Hope to see you in about 4 week's time !!! :yahoo:

Cheers...

I am going to Amsterdam In July...

short stay = 24++ hours.

hmm...hopefully weather is good

Nice pictures there Pieter!

I have a qustion for you (or anyone else that can answer it)

Do you know why MAS91 (EWR-ARN-KUL) today is operating EWR-ARN-AMS-KUL? It just departed ARN 20 minutes ago and is headed for AMS.

I have a qustion for you (or anyone else that can answer it)

Do you know why MAS91 (EWR-ARN-KUL) today is operating EWR-ARN-AMS-KUL? It just departed ARN 20 minutes ago and is headed for AMS.

MH091 - 9M-MPF will make a fuel-stop @ AMS, due to runway maintenance @ ARN (probably shorter runway = payload restricted)...

AMS21jun2009.jpg

SX-BGS has now been re-registered into N279AD and will depart as soon as the FAA-papers have arrived; here's she is seen inside the hangars today:

AMS26jun2009002.jpg

AMS26jun2009003.jpg

They even 'printed' the MSN behind the type (737-400) onto her fuselage... :good:

Cheers... :drinks:

Nice stretched Eight, Cornelis, however weather sucks big time :sorry:

Nice stretched Eight, Cornelis, however weather sucks big time :sorry:

Yeah! wxr was good that day, aprox 1 hour before its arrival we got fogged in. And 1 hour after its departure wxr cleared up again :finger:

We had some nice visitors today, and just wanna share some shots of them:

Nigel Mansell's Cessna 510 appropriately registered G-NGEL:

AMS30jun2009001.jpg

Two really nice- and big private-jets, the Bombardier BD100; registered VP-CWN and N451CS:

AMS30jun2009002.jpg

AMS30jun2009003.jpg

Definite highlight for me is this Antonov An-26 of the Slovak Air Force, registered 2506:

AMS30jun2009004.jpg

Far away from home is this Mexican Gulfstream-4 XA-ASI:

AMS30jun2009005.jpg

With the GPU removed, I was able to make a better shot of 2506 today :yahoo: :

AMS01jul2009001.jpg

Transavia.com's newest 737-800 PH-ZOM was delivered this morning and is seen here inside the Hangar for a PDM:

AMS01jul2009002.jpg

Contactair of Germany received another Star Alliance Fokker 100 today, still registered PH-MJK, but with (D-AF)KF already on the nosewheel:

AMS01jul2009003.jpg

N279AD is still awaiting the FAA-papers, but should depart any day soon; here she's sunbathing outside the Hangar:

AMS01jul2009005.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed viewing... :pardon:

Eagle Aviation's 'livery' has now been added to F-GTIR as well as "operated by EAE":

AMS03jul2009001.jpg

AMS03jul2009002.jpg

I guess the Cargo-B 747-400 Freighters will be returned to NCA soon; unfortunately, this was the best I could get of OO-CBD this afternoon (darn fence :finger: ):

AMS03jul2009003.jpg

Eagle Aviation? :blink: Never heard of it before :nea:

Any info about Eagle Aviation,Uncle Pieter?

So,PH-MJK is sold to Contactair of Germany;ex KLM Cityhopper I've presumed?

Please,do keep us updated with photos from AMS! :clapping:

Tami,

http://www.eagle-aviation.net/

or

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Eagle-Aviation-France

Will share as much as I can: promise !!! ;)

MJK was not operated by KLC, that was MJL, but 'owned' by same lease-company...

Tami,

http://www.eagle-aviation.net/

or

http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Eagle-Aviation-France

Will share as much as I can: promise !!! ;)

MJK was not operated by KLC, that was MJL, but 'owned' by same lease-company...

Thanks for the info given,Uncle Pieter :lol:

die F-GTIR begint er leuk uit te zien ! (UK: Starting to look nice this 744!)

Any STD known for testflight or delivery?

F-GTIR has been moved to another hangar, so out-of-view for me now :angry:

Ever wondered how a 737 looks like without an engine ? PH-BXG will show you how ;)

AMS05jul2009002.jpg

Another one (PH-BPC) was outside with her nacelle open:

AMS05jul2009003.jpg

Less flights are operated between AMS-LCY on weekends, hence the parking of the 146's at East:

AMS05jul2009001.jpg

Note: the red line is similar to the new AF-colours; it also sports the Air France/KLM logo on the nose too...

Hope you enjoyed again... :pardon:

PH-MCG has now been taken-off Martinair's schedule and is seen here devoid of titles waiting for her flight 'to the desert'...:

AMS08jul2009003.jpg

Remember the NASair Embraer 190 recently ? Now she has been repainted by QAPS into the gorgeous 'dress' of Windrose of Ukraine and re-registered as UR-WRF:

AMS08jul2009006.jpg

She has a nice 'painting' on the nose-section, however, for security reasons was not able to make a close-up shot :( :

AMS08jul2009004.jpg

Hope, you enjoyed nevertheless... :pardon:

Wow Pieter, that is a one nice looking Embraer 190 color scheme. :good:

Show more when her new dress is completed. ;)

Security reasons ? I didn't see any big machinery or hazard stuff around the aircraft. :blink:

Show more when her new dress is completed. ;)

Security reasons ? I didn't see any big machinery or hazard stuff around the aircraft. :blink:

Windrose colourscheme is complete; true, tail colours are a bit 'bland', but rest is quite neat/modern...

It's an 'active' apron, so I was not supposed to be there at the time... :sorry:

Windrose colourscheme is complete; true, tail colours are a bit 'bland', but rest is quite neat/modern...

It's an 'active' apron, so I was not supposed to be there at the time... :sorry:

Hmmmmm...... as you mentioned, the tail is really "empty" as I can see :blink:

Thanks again for those photos. :good:

Pieter, MCG is going back to Boeing for research wasnt she? (After her more then 110.000 flighthours!) Or is the PHMCH the one going to Boeing? Dont think MCG will end up in the dessert for the upcomming time!

Here my contribution from Amsterdam of yesterday. I've done spotting from 5 AM to 5PM!

The day was excellent with weather, especially during the afternoon. In the morning we still had changin weather.

Runway use was so f*cked up as they used all runways for takeoffs and landings and they kept on changing every half an hour. So we kept chasing the specialbrids around the entire airport. At the end of the day you've got lots of different shots so thats a positive point of rwy changing!

Here an illustration of AMS runways use of yesterday including the times of runway use

61159661.jpg

Starting off with some regular visitors

AMS021.jpg

AMS044.jpg

AMS070.jpg

AMS151.jpg

KLM E90 followed by NWA A333 and Kalitta B742F

AMS169.jpg

AMS231.jpg

AMS652.jpg

You see Jade reflecting in cargo-buidling? :pardon:

AMS638.jpg

AMS681.jpg

AMS556.jpg

AMS483.jpg

Here 4 specials, but getting more regular in AMS nowadays

TAROMs retrobird

AMS666.jpg

Also shared by Uncle Pieter, now taxiing out to RWY 24 for delivery flight to Kiev

AMS463.jpg

LAN B772F

AMS349.jpg

AMS485.jpg

AMS489.jpg

AMS491.jpg

AMS502.jpg

And the grande finale of the day :yahoo: :yahoo:

AMS736.jpg

After this RJ 319 I left EHAM for HOME!

Cheers!

Edited by Cornelis Boersma