Pieter C.

Amsterdam-Schiphol 2008-2013 pictures

Finally nailed her while taxiing to gate on arrival from HEL

PHXRA mostly flies out of RTM :(

AMS1-1.jpg

Air Airzena/Georgian now and then sending their new B737-700s to AMS

A1-1.jpg

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

AFAIK, PH-BXA will be the only one; next 'special livery' will be PH-BVD in Skyteam colours...

See you end-of-July in SIN :pardon: ?

Hi Uncle,

Read from Airways April edition that KLM will be having 6 "RetroJets" Boeing B737s to celebrate its 90th anniversary.

Hi Uncle,

Read from Airways April edition that KLM will be having 6 "RetroJets" Boeing B737s to celebrate its 90th anniversary.

Old plans: due to cost-cunning, this will not be taken-up :( :nea:

Schiphol Airport is truly fertile ground for the aviation photographer . . . and I don't think there is a day when the spotting is lousy (assuming weather is good). Even when it was overcast when I arrived in AMS on 15 May (after a very pleasant flight on PH-BQH), I still managed some decent shots including these rarities:

First was a Yak-40 of the Polish Air Force . . . what a beauty! It brought a Polish minister and the presence of a line of limousines and outriders signaled that the arrival was imminent.

mw-044-2009-05-15-01Cr-PolishAF-Yak.jpg

An Avro Lancaster was also in AMS when I arrived . . . but it went inside the hangar of the Dutch Dakota Association. As a result, the resident DC-3 in the colours of Martin Air Charter PH-DDZ was relegated to the shivering cold outside. Although it was parked in an unphotographable position, I managed to grab shots of the nose and eventually ventured to stick my hand and camera into the gap in the gate . . . taking care not to drop my camera . . . roughly point at the aircraft, shoot and hope for the best. The trick worked.

mw-PH-DDZ-2009-05-15-02Vr-Nose.jpg

mw-PH-DDZ-2009-05-15-04Cr-RMP.jpg

More pics to share in the coming weeks and months. Dank je wel to Mischa, Cyn and their family for the grand hospitality.

KC Sim

Hi Cornelis,

I left AMS on Sunday (24May) before the storm came . . . had a great time. Finally got my definitive shot of PH-BXA, PZ-TCM . . . two subjects I had pursued for a while.

Also happy with Airzena B73G and Adria Airways B737.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

I left AMS on Sunday (24May) before the storm came . . . had a great time. Finally got my definitive shot of PH-BXA, PZ-TCM . . . two subjects I had pursued for a while.

Also happy with Airzena B73G and Adria Airways B737.

KC Sim

Looking forward to the results !!! YAK40 is definitely a gem as very rare nowadays...

Unfortunately, was unable to meet you, as was outside the country myself when you were here (sorry): hopefully we'll meet end of July when transitting SIN ?

A few shots from EHAM on 6-6-2009.

I had to drop of my mom for her holidayflight to Antalya, Turkey.

Transavia (HV) had some trouble with aircraft AOG because of haildamage of hailstorms 2 weeks ago. This resulted in a few nice visitors to fly for Transavia.

HV had trouble finding suitable aircraft which also resulted in flying with KLM B744 (PHBFB) to Barcelona on HV-flight!!

2 nice Transavia leases

CSTDI-1.jpg

OHAFI.jpg

The aircraft my mom would fly on

TCSKL.jpg

KLM MD

PHKCF.jpg

Transavia new logojet

PHXRA.jpg

Waving KLM crew

PHKZT.jpg

Other waving pax (my mom :pardon: )

WAV.jpg

GCELF.jpg

TF-ARN in early rotation out of AMS 36L

TFARN.jpg

Great shots, CeeBee: saw the White A310 while doing my lunch-break yesterday (yes, had to work this weekend)... :angry:

Hope they will still operate for HV this coming tuesday, when I'll do some more spotting (weather permitting). :pardon:

Anyhow, it still will take HV and KL about a week to 'clear' all the 737's...

Now, you realize how Derek had to withstand the serious/horrendous weather, when we went spotting... :blink:

Malaysian One Six reverted to B747-400 already, as seen on my trip to nearby PAM VOR late May.

Due to disappointing loads and effective 01jun09, MH016/MH017 operating by 772 iso 744 :pardon:

Some recent pictures of 'rare' aircraft taken @ EHAM:

Of the Beechcraft 1900D, only a few examples are roaring the EU skies; both these examples are from France:

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09073.jpg

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09078.jpg

I know the Kingair is Uncle Norman's favorite...how about this Ugly Ducky ? :huh:

Here is my 'farewell gift' to Andrew Hunt, who is leaving SIN for LAX: F-GTIR, ex N270RP (still visible under GTIR), ex 9V-SPF (still visible under wing); she is rumoured to go to Mahan next.... :o :

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09080.jpg

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09079.jpg

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09077.jpg

Another 'exclusive' aircraft-type is the Dornier 328 Jet, especially when it's Icelandic registered:

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09072.jpg

This sexy Virgin is sunbathing in front of Hangar 14 @ Schiphol, after arrival from LGW and prior to her D-check:

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09071.jpg

Always good to see this Diesel-smoker from 'the Island' making a fuelstop (check the smoke behind the plane):

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09070.jpg

Long resident SX-BGS (ex Aegean) has changed her white dress with some blue 'patches' and is rumoured to be departing for the Dominican Republic soon:

DXB-DOH-IAH17may09081.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed these shots from 'the Lowlands'... :pardon:

Thanks for the collection of rare shots Pieter. :drinks:

F-GTI :p ® & Virgin 744 shots are superb and in good light too. :good:

Thanks for the c

Nice Dornier Icejet. I agree with Chaity, those two Jumbos looks absolutly superb !

Thanks Pieter :drinks:

Taken yesterday, when Charley-Kilo-Alpha was resting:

AMS17jun2009005.jpg

In other words: you might see her back in Malaysia/Singapore, but now operating on behalf of Martinair... :pardon:

Last saturday, we had this interesting visitor...Qatar Amiri Flight A319; she is seen here departing for IAD:

AMS17jun2009004.jpg

A few more, taken a few weeks back:

Here, PH-BVC is being pulled to the hangars for a PDM-program, 3 hours after landing non-stop from Everett on her delivery-flight:

AMS17jun2009002.jpg

This 737-400 has now been stored at Woensdrecht AFB in the south of the Netherlands, waiting further decisions:

AMS17jun2009003.jpg

Wonder, how long this beauty will remain in the colourful Northwest livery... :huh: :

AMS17jun2009001.jpg

These shots were taken today (weather was not good, unfortunately :sorry: ), so shots not as nice as should be...

3-in-1 - which one is the nicest, according to you ?

AMS20jun2009003.jpg

RusJet (look how this is written in Cyrillic on the nose) operated a charter into the General Aviation Terminal:

AMS20jun2009004.jpg

The Royal Air Force operated another C130 Hercules flight into EHAM for refuelling :yahoo: :

AMS20jun2009005.jpg

What do you think of this nose-shot Azahan ? :huh:

AMS20jun2009006.jpg

This used to be an IAI aircraft, but now it's called a Gulfstream too :angry:

AMS20jun2009001.jpg

After applying tail- and engine colours on SX-BGS, finally, the titles have been applied/stickered:

AMS20jun2009002.jpg

Enjoy !!! :pardon:

These shots were taken today (weather was not good, unfortunately :sorry: ), so shots not as nice as should be...

3-in-1 - which one is the nicest, according to you ?

AMS20jun2009003.jpg

The Icelandic 757 is mine :rolleyes:

How did you get the photos my attempt did not work :mellow: :sorry:

How did you get the photos my attempt did not work :mellow: :sorry:

Just zoom-in on the YAK42 and C130 and wait for the 757w to pass behind :pardon:

SX-BGS is now ready for it's test-flight tomorrow and delivery on 23jun09; according the pilot I spoke to this afternoon, they probably fly to Ilha do Sal/Cabo Verde and Recife/Brasil to SDQ...

AMS21jun2009.jpg

It's a new airline and will start operations to JFK and MIA from SDQ as per 01aug09... :good:

The AD symbol really reminds me of Axis of France or the new logo of Amsterdam Airlines (see their respective websites)...

Not only Axis and Amsterdam Airlines, but also Futura (with lots of logo painted away). Nice shots uncle Pieter!! You have missed most Russians?

Some others from AMS from me:

Yesterday, probably last time with 2 Martinair 747s next to each other and one of the last times of them in AMS :sorry:

7fd32257.jpg

And today, after my arrival from Prague I made a short walk on the onbservation deck and I spotted a special guest from China!! :yahoo:

I had to wait for 1,5 hours untill departure, as tired as I was I waited and drove towards taxiway and here the result :yahoo: (lights could have been better tough)

2.jpg

And our African guest leaving before sunset (going to be replaced by KLM MD11 for a while in near future)

1.jpg

You have missed most Russians?

...going to be replaced by KLM MD11 for a while in near future...

Had to work last weekend :( (hence the SX-BGS pictures)

Spotted the Rossiya fleet parked @ P-apron (1x IL-96, 2x IL-62M + IL-76MD, but was unable to make a decent shot)... :angry:

Indeed: due to late delivery of KQ aircraft from Boeing, they were 'forced' to lease-in a MD-11 of KLM for 2 months; it will be operated by KLM cockpit- and KQ cabin-crews...

Hope you had a great weekend @ PRG and looking forward for some pictures here at Obs Hill... :pardon:

CB, the China Southern B777 Skyteam looks nice! :clapping:

Dedicated to Gibby: VH-MXK; she is a long way from home:

AMS25jun2009001.jpg

PH-HZN returned yesterday from her lease to Caribbean Airlines and now waiting for her titles removal and back to serving Transavia.com:

AMS25jun2009002.jpg

PH-MPR is waiting here for her transfer to MJV, as Martinair now operating KLM 744ERF's (note the other Martinair plane under the engine):

AMS25jun2009003.jpg

Surprise arrival was this E190 of NASair HZ-NQB (Saudi Arabia) for QAPS, to be repainted into Windrose (Ukraine) colours:

AMS25jun2009004.jpg

Hope you enjoyed sofar... :pardon: