MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Malaysia Airlines bashing ... too much lah

In my opinion, MH management is more concern on cost cutting. The fare charge should be in parallel with the service rendered. What we had seen is MH fare is cosy than world top airlines such as SQ and CX and yet we do not have a superior product than them. Im sure they can look for other inflight caterer if the price charge is simply too expensive. What we are experiencing is MH's overall service does not improve over the recent years.

I think the BTP2 is the plan and strategy that will address the competition from LCCs (- AK, Jetstar,Tiger and the gang ) as well as full service carriers (SQ, EK, CX, TG and the rest). It is about striking a balance between cost and quality services/products while delivering the most effective results.
Leopard always has its spots. Believe MH don’t understand what customers want. Like the past marketing strategy; trying to cater for business and leisure travellers at the same time, upgraded the front cabin without rescheduling, etc.In most business especially in service industry, one can’t be aiming for two different market segments (legacy airline and LCC) at the same time with one brand name. Furthermore, MH is relatively weak and don’t have resources to focus battle on two fronts.If MH is successfully ‘striking a balance between cost and quality services/products while delivering the most effective results’, quite sure it will be a case study for MBA class.
If it takes to serve only gourmet sandwiches at MYR10 and achieve 100% customers satisfaction, I would say why not?
MH is paying LSG about RM10 for the 7-11 quality snackbox. LSG will certainly charge more for gourmet sandwich.
The plans rolled out by the current MH management outlined clear goals but I still think the strategies to achieve the goals need to be crystalized. However, one thing for sure, the BTP2 is not about cost cutting but long term survival and I am sure that the other carriers are watching the implementation of the BTP2 closely. It is a matter of time before the rest of the full service carriers follow suit.
Unlike MH, other carriers are making tons of profit and have clear and successful strategy. Don’t think MH is a model that they like to emulate.
Just for my perception: how many caterers are available in the KUL area ? Only LSG ?
MH has signed an exclusive contract with LSG. MH is not only to purchase exclusively from LSG but to guarantee minimum profit, and this minimum profit is ‘happened’ to be enough to service LSG shareholder’s bank loan interest on their equity finance.KLAS is the second caterer at KUL, smaller outfit than LSG. Believe EK is one of their customers. :drinks:

I agreed tto what KK Lee has just said. MH fails to take into considerations of what market needs....the management is just crazy for profit. The influx of more budget airlines will simply have a damaging effect of MH especially for price sensitive customer.

some very valid points here. we are definitely not the market leaders here - emulating low cost carriers/3 star airlines in an extremely competitive market will make MAS lose out its premium passengers. it seems that MAS is not keen on the premium market and have explicitly states so.

what a waste.

MH has signed an exclusive contract with LSG. MH is not only to purchase exclusively from LSG but to guarantee minimum profit, and this minimum profit is ‘happened’ to be enough to service LSG shareholder’s bank loan interest on their equity finance.KLAS is the second caterer at KUL, smaller outfit than LSG. Believe EK is one of their customers. :drinks:

One of the many similar reason of why MH can never be as successful as SQ or EK. Too many parasites.

Is the catering now is always under LSG? I remembered while ago MH boasts having a world class catering facility..... or did MH opt for LSG after that

Some recent articles in The Star about Malaysian Airline System Berhad's supremely superior inflight catering :)

Catering for High Flyers

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?...p;sec=lifefocus

Only the Best

And another to 'Keep Customers Happy' :)

Selamat Terbang...

And other pieces of articles that might interest its highly valued customers:

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...mp;sec=business

Edited by Rozhan

Is the catering now is always under LSG? I remembered while ago MH boasts having a world class catering facility..... or did MH opt for LSG after that

If I'm not mistaken, the MH catering division was sold off during one of the recent unbundling/rationalisation/consolidation exercises - and became LSG thereafter. Also, if I remember correctly, done in the name of focussing on it's core activity :)

Thanks for those links Rozhan :good:

I've never had satay in Y before, with or without skewers. Anyone had this ?

Edited by BC Tam

with re: satay in EY. i've seen it somewhere - either here or in airlinemeals.com.

I haven't experience it myself. Would be nice though rather than the crap they dished out on my LHR-KUL flight. very very disappointing.

I had roti jala on EK's KUL-DXB flight. hmmm. go figure. MAS is now a 'global' FSVC ... the likes of aer lingus and all.

WHere is the Malaysian hospitality?

They said catering was losing money - so they took a stake in LSG skychefs who now suck the money out of MAS. They were better off without it

Nik...what is the fax number again???

Edited by Izanee

Guest Michael

We need to rant about what is coming in the future, and not babble about the past people.

From a friend of mine who flew on MH's inaugural flight to JOG.

"Overall it was an enjoyable trip and look forward to be there again in future. Visited Borobodur, Merapi and Prambanan on Saturday. Hired a taxi for only 350,000 rupiah for the trip. Shopping was done on the first day at Malioboro and memang murah!. The only problem - MAS is using the antique 737 to JOG plus the stupid snackbox for 2 and 1/2 hour journey - memang tak berbaloi.

Melia was great and I've earned another 500 Enrich points for that plus triple miles from MAS. Total points is around 2,100 for the 3 days holiday. Not bad."

Conclusion: Everyone hate the OLD aircraft and the snackbox.

this is the future for mas, michael.... crap product, poor quality meals, snackboxes and reduced pitch (similar to lcc) according to IJ&co's BTP2.

that is why we are ranting! :)

I prefer old 747s or 777s with 34 inch pitch in economy rather than 787s with 29 inch pitch. this is what MAS doesn't seem to get. their priorities are all mixed up. why is it so difficult?

Edited by Izanee

rather than 787s with 29 inch pitch.

Ok..i havent really been bothered to read their BTP's simply because id rather put my hands down my pants and gratify myself rather than read such crap...

though i need to ask something...

was THAT *point to quoted material* mentioned in the BTP? Or were you making a comparison?

just a comparison dude. some people want new aircraft (which I want too) but it defeats the purpose if IJ&Co are trying to reduce seat cost by increasing economy seat density thus reducing pitch to 29/31 inch.

Edited by Izanee

I can still handle 'snekboks' for short haul journeys but if seat pitch is reduced, that would be really bad.

We don't have to look far, but I can't imagine even how the Government officials who fly MH would like that, surely banyak complain punya.

With the 77W looking increasingly likely, I just pray we don't see a 3-4-3 configuration!

You know, I never knew the MH-bashing by Malaysians themselves would be on such a scale. It is disheartening and at the same time enlightening. The former because this is a flag carrier that no one can be proud of, and at the same time good to see that all that emotional bashing comes from the heart - a trait of wanting something close to your heart to improve.

I do not envy MAS now but hey... the sky's the limit and only time will tell us what kind of achievements lay ahead, ya?

Cheers

Ryan

"Overall it was an enjoyable trip and look forward to be there again in future. Visited Borobodur, Merapi and Prambanan on Saturday. Hired a taxi for only 350,000 rupiah for the trip. Shopping was done on the first day at Malioboro and memang murah!. The only problem - MAS is using the antique 737 to JOG plus the stupid snackbox for 2 and 1/2 hour journey - memang tak berbaloi.

Melia was great and I've earned another 500 Enrich points for that plus triple miles from MAS. Total points is around 2,100 for the 3 days holiday. Not bad."

Conclusion: Everyone hate the OLD aircraft and the snackbox.

Antique 737, just like taxi in Kota Bharu using antique Mercedes...hehe...

I'll be JOGging there in March! But not on MH, on AK... karcis gratisan lho!!! :rolleyes:

And I hope it's on the A320. I'm not really a fan of 'Buses but I have to admit I like the misty air-cond vents which cools the air as you come in from the blistering heat out there on the tarmac!

Edited by Ewan Shamsudin

Likewise, potong saga in KL.

:drinks:

Now got Proton Saga NG already...hehe...

I'll be JOGging there in March! But not on MH, on AK... karcis gratisan lho!!! :rolleyes:

And I hope it's on the A320. I'm not really a fan of 'Buses but I have to admit I like the misty air-cond vents which cools the air as you come in from the blistering heat out there on the tarmac!

Aisey Ewan, you can get that misty aircond vents if you fly fokker 50 early morning.

I've never had satay in Y before, with or without skewers. Anyone had this ?

The only time I had satay in EY was on AK when they sold fried rice on board. It looked like it was prepared by LSG.

DSCF0064.jpg