MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M Razmyn

Introducing A6-EIB

woke up early, weather was windy & looked like a storm was approaching...

ambient temperature was strangely cool...indicated 16 degrees C...

wind chill factored in...it felt more like 10 degrees C really...

drove to a spot where i thought i could get a good shot at this special bird on its first flight...

& waited.....

& waited.....

& waited.....

finally...saw it on the horizon...far far away...

as it flew on its final approach..i started shooting...

brup..brupp..brupppp...

quickly reviewed the shots...

:huh: :huh: :mellow: :blink: :nea: :angry:

"ahhh CRAP!!!"

the flying dust was not helping at all...

uwarghhhhhhh :(

[WARNING] THE FOLLOWING PICTURE WAS CROPPED HEAVILY & PROCESSED EXTENSIVELY!!

THANKS TO THE SANDSTORM & FLYING DUSTS!!!

f1a320tn2.jpg

Hmmmm...maybe I'll try again tomorrow :sorry:

cheers ;)

DB B)

Edited by M Razmyn

Nice black bird there.. hehehe... caution DB, the dust might get into your camera :pardon:

Congrats Myn...after our long wait,u have finally 'nailed'the 'Black Jet of Abu Dhabi'...bet you when it lands at night in Auh,the tower have problem finding the aircraft...maklumlah,in stealth livery!!! :D ...looks like you are on the other side of runway 31...more reason for you to get a longer focal length!! :D ..sorryla,cant borrow u my lens,since its a canon.. :lol: anyway..great one..more to come I believe..

Nice black bird there.. hehehe... caution DB, the dust might get into your camera :pardon:

hehehe..that's why i just wait in my car till i see my target...got the gears ready from home & not changing the lens outdoor...

& here in abu dhabi...as shown to me by master yoda...we do it stealth style...stay under under the cover of our heavily tinted cars...& when the target is close enuf..we jump out of the car...start shooting & quickly back into the car...hahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats Myn...after our long wait,u have finally 'nailed'the 'Black Jet of Abu Dhabi'...bet you when it lands at night in Auh,the tower have problem finding the aircraft...maklumlah,in stealth livery!!! :D ...looks like you are on the other side of runway 31...more reason for you to get a longer focal length!! :D ..sorryla,cant borrow u my lens,since its a canon.. :lol: anyway..great one..more to come I believe..

hehehe...thanks bro

desperately need longer lens now...i'm seriously considering the lens i told you about...hmmm...you know..."that" lens...

hehehe...(demm...poisoning myself to death now!!)

maybe i'll wait for it again today when it comes back from Kuwait...hopefully it'll use RW31...but the wind looks like RW13 will be favoured than RW31... :sorry:

or maybe tomorrow morning...we go together-gether...how??

desperately need longer lens now...i'm seriously considering the lens i told you about...hmmm...you know..."that" lens...

hehehe...(demm...poisoning myself to death now!!)

Yup, 400 mm is good enough, and anyway you've got other lens to cover below 200. Yes bro, go get THAT lens...

Anyway, why is EIB in black? Sure need a heavy duty aircond pack for this little oven.

Anyway, why is EIB in black? Sure need a heavy duty aircond pack for this little oven.

As with every vehicle in the Gulf, a heavy-duty, super-cold Air Conditioning unit is a prerequisite.

plus...anything Sheikh wants...sheikh gets.

Maybe they'll get a Pink A340?

Yup, 400 mm is good enough, and anyway you've got other lens to cover below 200. Yes bro, go get THAT lens...

EIB is painted black to commemorate Etihad's sponsorship of the inaugural 2009 Formula One race in Abu Dhabi, appropriately named "Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 09".

it'll be ok for a while..at least till april...when summer comes after that...i cant imagine how its gonna be like if the apu is kapoot & no ground support...fuiyoohhh :blink: hehehe

& yesss...i'm almost set on "that" lens...just that i'm divided between the "super-duper zoom"..or the "slightly shorter but faster prime"...

appropriate compulsory approval from the minister of home & finance has been secured... :yahoo: so just waiting for the "tabung" to get filled to its required level in a few months...hehehe.. :diablo:

As with every vehicle in the Gulf, a heavy-duty, super-cold Air Conditioning unit is a prerequisite.

plus...anything Sheikh wants...sheikh gets.

Maybe they'll get a Pink A340?

yupp...what sheikh wants...sheikh gets...

winter is here for now...so i can put my AC box to rest a bit ...just leave the sunroof & windows open nowadays...

cool & fresh...tho i'm not sure if the air in Dubai is as fresh as abu dhabi's...hehehe :p

anyway imran...what'cha doin on 26th... a few of us from abu dhabi is heading to Al Ain for the aerobatic championship...

join us larrr...

DB :crazy:

& yesss...i'm almost set on "that" lens...just that i'm divided between the "super-duper zoom"..or the "slightly shorter but faster prime"...

Prime probably better absolute quality, but harder to use. I'd go for the zoom. f/4.0 is not too bad for that focal length.

As for us still with MH, we can only dream.... plus no equivalent on the bright side too :(

Oh yeah, a black aircraft in summer arabian desert, with APU kaput.....

Nice shot of special coloured EY A320; and............ex MP some more :good:

Razmyn, dun wait any longer. Go get the F4 Super Duper Zoom. You will love it. One tip to share. You will need to get a new set of tripod and Wimberly head to support it. Its DARN heavy. Quick quick quick. Works well with TC1.4II as well. All images sharp sharp. With D300, even best.

Captain, SQ need people lah. Jump jump over. Hahaha.....

Razmyn, dun wait any longer. Go get the F4 Super Duper Zoom. You will love it. One tip to share. You will need to get a new set of tripod and Wimberly head to support it. Its DARN heavy. Quick quick quick. Works well with TC1.4II as well. All images sharp sharp. With D300, even best.

adoiii!!! :vava:

this poison so painful!!

i can't get it now tho...tabung not yet full...6 more months & i'm heading to my usual camera store...hehehe :spiteful:

yeah...radzi...you can jump down or even swim across 2 ocean & come here...kekeke...

maybe follow the footsteps of zaidi & get the GT3 too...

oooo...i am soooo BAD!!! :spiteful:

DB :diablo:

:diablo:

Huh... GT3? So his 3 series Ci back then was nothing.....

Myn...6 more month is summer..planespotting season is over la..panass bagai nak gila n berdebu..camne nak test ur super duper lens...so,moral of the story...BELI SEKARANG!!! : :diablo: ...ala..pastu bayar la interest free installment ke apa ke..macam tak biasa...and oso kau kena pegi gym skg angkat berat byk2..practice shooting with da lens..ohh..did I mention to you just now that 6 month from now summer? :spiteful:...nak pegi planespotting?anytime bro...gimme a buzz..

Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

woke up early, weather was windy & looked like a storm was approaching...

ambient temperature was strangely cool...indicated 16 degrees C...

wind chill factored in...it felt more like 10 degrees C really...

drove to a spot where i thought i could get a good shot at this special bird on its first flight...

& waited.....

& waited.....

& waited.....

finally...saw it on the horizon...far far away...

as it flew on its final approach..i started shooting...

brup..brupp..brupppp...

quickly reviewed the shots...

DB B)

Thanks for sharing Razmyn... first pix of D300 with 'noise'... :rofl:

But what I like about this post is the 'sound' of D300's shutter..

brup..brupp..brupppp... :rofl: :rofl:

We're used to sounds like 'ktak......ktak.....ktak.....' (note the no. of dots in between)

and 'ktik...ktik...ktik...'

BTW, was the sound with or without batt grip :blink:

No worry there.... D300 got the dust remover thingy on the sensor laaa... :diablo:

and the following posts are classified under category of POISON POST

adoiii!!! :vava:

this poison so painful!!

i can't get it now tho...tabung not yet full...6 more months & i'm heading to my usual camera store...hehehe :spiteful:

yeah...radzi...you can jump down or even swim across 2 ocean & come here...kekeke...

oooo...i am soooo BAD!!! :spiteful:

DB :diablo:

Huh... GT3? So his 3 series Ci back then was nothing.....

Myn...6 more month is summer..planespotting season is over la..panass bagai nak gila n berdebu..camne nak test ur super duper lens...so,moral of the story...BELI SEKARANG!!! : :diablo: ...ala..pastu bayar la interest free installment ke apa ke..macam tak biasa...and oso kau kena pegi gym skg angkat berat byk2..practice shooting with da lens..ohh..did I mention to you just now that 6 month from now summer? :spiteful:...nak pegi planespotting?anytime bro...gimme a buzz..

winter is here for now...so i can put my AC box to rest a bit ...just leave the sunroof & windows open nowadays...

cool & fresh...tho i'm not sure if the air in Dubai is as fresh as abu dhabi's...hehehe :p

anyway imran...what'cha doin on 26th... a few of us from abu dhabi is heading to Al Ain for the aerobatic championship...

join us larrr...

DB :crazy:

26th ah bro...10am..i have a 'date' with an A380 simulator... 5 hours date...gosh. Should i bring backup 'blue pills' ? :rofl: Expect some pix (if allowed la)

Tengok la...once im done..maybe i'll swing by for a while. If not...i might head up to Abu Dhabi the first weekend of february...flying ke? If not...i'll PM you the details and perhaps we can go to Ibrahimi or something for some makan :p

Planespotting...hows the security situation in Abu Dhabi?

I got busted 2-3 years ago...with a fellow member from this forum.

The usual hooblah....CID kena tarik...nie kena tarik...tu kena tarik...teh tarik pon ada. Just dont get caught man...and in Abu Dhabi of all places. Try this la...wear the dishdash, hang pakai headgear skali...tampal satu sticker besar Sheikh Khalifa kat rear window kereta...selamba spotting.

done it before...cops actually came to try with us :pardon:

26th ah bro...10am..i have a 'date' with an A380 simulator... 5 hours date...gosh. Should i bring backup 'blue pills' ? :rofl: Expect some pix (if allowed la)

Tengok la...once im done..maybe i'll swing by for a while. If not...i might head up to Abu Dhabi the first weekend of february...flying ke? If not...i'll PM you the details and perhaps we can go to Ibrahimi or something for some makan :p

Planespotting...hows the security situation in Abu Dhabi?

I got busted 2-3 years ago...with a fellow member from this forum.

The usual hooblah....CID kena tarik...nie kena tarik...tu kena tarik...teh tarik pon ada. Just dont get caught man...and in Abu Dhabi of all places. Try this la...wear the dishdash, hang pakai headgear skali...tampal satu sticker besar Sheikh Khalifa kat rear window kereta...selamba spotting.

done it before...cops actually came to try with us :pardon:

Yeah..imran,I heard abt this before..what really happen?we know that we are not suppose to take photos at the airport...or anywhere near it laa..kita org pegi duduk kat abt 3 miles final..some where near a residential area..what do you mean by CID kena tarik?..biasalah,kat UAE ni,people are paranoid pasal kamera...mcmlah org nak ambik gambar dia..thats why,we keep a low profile..go in small group,park somewhere..and lepak dlm kereta..maklumlah,kat tgh desert,mana lagi nak lepak kan?..btw,did u mean,that after pakai dish dash and headgear,the cops join u for planespotting ke? :lol: ..good idea..boleh try,except muka dah sah bukan muka arab.. :rofl:

Yeah..imran,I heard abt this before..what really happen?we know that we are not suppose to take photos at the airport...or anywhere near it laa..kita org pegi duduk kat abt 3 miles final..some where near a residential area..what do you mean by CID kena tarik?..biasalah,kat UAE ni,people are paranoid pasal kamera...mcmlah org nak ambik gambar dia..thats why,we keep a low profile..go in small group,park somewhere..and lepak dlm kereta..maklumlah,kat tgh desert,mana lagi nak lepak kan?..btw,did u mean,that after pakai dish dash and headgear,the cops join u for planespotting ke? :lol: ..good idea..boleh try,except muka dah sah bukan muka arab.. :rofl:

Lemme discuss it with the member...and if the green light is given, i'll disclose the exact events (its in a thread somewhere...but entah kat lubang mana la thread tu dah pi).

So this spotting spot is in the middle of the desert? Ramai ke member spotting? Maybe we should have a MalaysianWings dinner or something hehe. Boleh la tarik some people into the loop. Im always up for making new friends.

Yeah...after dah pakai dish dash, headgear, chapal, everything...4 cops drove over...and my friends and I conversed with them in arabic..maklumlah nak jaga standard kan...they were quite intrigued, but left us to our own devices. Though, where i live in Dubai (mirdiff)...rooftop spotting is enough for me. All it takes is a 40 foot vertical climb, and some rather steely cajones. Its a long drop down. :rofl:

Lemme discuss it with the member...and if the green light is given, i'll disclose the exact events (its in a thread somewhere...but entah kat lubang mana la thread tu dah pi).

So this spotting spot is in the middle of the desert? Ramai ke member spotting? Maybe we should have a MalaysianWings dinner or something hehe. Boleh la tarik some people into the loop. Im always up for making new friends.

Yeah...after dah pakai dish dash, headgear, chapal, everything...4 cops drove over...and my friends and I conversed with them in arabic..maklumlah nak jaga standard kan...they were quite intrigued, but left us to our own devices. Though, where i live in Dubai (mirdiff)...rooftop spotting is enough for me. All it takes is a 40 foot vertical climb, and some rather steely cajones. Its a long drop down. :rofl:

Yeah...I guess,here in the Middle East,people are not aware that there is such thing as a hobby called plane spotting...for us,as all of us are from EY,we just always remind ourselves to bring crew ID la..just incase police decided to stop by and ask questions...hopefully it will help one day..I remember,when we first join EY,when the 777 first came..we all selamba je ambik gambar of the aircraft during walkaround at the apron..even the airport security ask me to take photo of him...then suddenly one day,I whip out my dslr during walkaround,this security personnel approach me and said no photograph :shok: ...kinda confusing,sekejap boleh,sekejap tak boleh..hee..hee...dunno whats going on...I oso spot aircraft from my rooftop,but mostly helis of abu dhabi aviation,as they pass like clockwork over my house everyday...Ibrahimi?dah lama dah tak pegi...ever since i move near the airport...why not,drop by anytime in AUH,maybe we can lepak2 and know each other..there are 4 planechasers here so far,including me,and we are all org MALAYAN UNION :p ..nice to make new buddies..in the meantime,I shall try to find time to post pics here..

Thanks for sharing Razmyn... first pix of D300 with 'noise'... :rofl:

But what I like about this post is the 'sound' of D300's shutter..

brup..brupp..brupppp... :rofl: :rofl:

We're used to sounds like 'ktak......ktak.....ktak.....' (note the no. of dots in between)

and 'ktik...ktik...ktik...'

BTW, was the sound with or without batt grip :blink:

kehkehkeh...

lucky i did put a disclaimer warning before the image...

waited at a wrong spot...too far from the approach path & captured crappy image...

but wanting to share so much...i just cropped the image heavily hence the noise...kekeke...the D300 is still..

noiseless till ISO 3200...kekeke :spiteful:

anyway...

brup = 4fps

brupp = 6fps

bruppp= 8 fps

:diablo:

& i just leave the batt grip married to the camera always...

hehehe

ok...

one more shot from yesterday's sting ops with Master Yoda (faridz)...

this time got closer...but still not close enuf...

hopefully this is a better image...

still a very much heavily cropped...tho not as much as the previous photo...

comments??

a6eibaqa9.jpg

cheers...

Sign in to follow this