MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Kuching Intl Spotting Pixies...

Nice catch Iggy. Everyone can fly, bank also can fly :yahoo:

Can we withdraw money in the air also? keke.... :p

Edited by LeeTZ

Finally went spotting at KCH after more than a year. Followed the perimeter road to the rear where runway extensions have been completed, climbed the embankment (or whatever it's called), stood near the fence that separated the runway from the unopened section and these were what I got.

25/10/08

IMG_0840.jpg

Mike Mike Juliet

IMG_0853.jpg

Alpha Hotel Alpha moments before a dash down Rwy 25

IMG_0879.jpg

Mike Mike Uniform, from almost the same angle as Mike Juliet

IMG_0917.jpg

Alpha Foxtrot Whiskey against some overcast skies. Was hoping the Bank Rakyat special would make an appearance, but this one's fine too.

26/10/08

IMG_0942.jpg

Alpha Foxtrot Mike at 280mm from the fence.

Man...gotta return for more after my exams I tell you.

Goh,

Nice spot there, especially with the aircraft waiting for take-off...

Hope to see more... :pardon:

Nice pictures Goh...

Especially the Nico AK..Look like you so near with the plane..

All the best for your exam.. :drinks:

Wow.. long time didnt hear from you Goh, where've u been? Yeah.. that spot up the hill is one of the best spotting location to date.. better make full use of it before its being fenced up in the very near future.. So its still accessible nowadays.. I myself haven't been up there for months.. Lovely catch there.. :good:

Nice catch Goh :good:

At the hill, police with MP5 didn't 'kacau' u ah?Hehe :rolleyes:

Talking about the MP5, I wonder what happens if I acu my 200mm at them akkakaka!!!.. Damn it.. makes spotting life so much harder!

Talking about the MP5, I wonder what happens if I acu my 200mm at them akkakaka!!!.. Damn it.. makes spotting life so much harder!

hehe dont worry compare 200mm with 9mm :p :P

Nice catch Goh :good:

At the hill, police with MP5 didn't 'kacau' u ah?Hehe :rolleyes:

lol you guys had a run-in with em? The closest I came to encountering the authorities was when this pickup truck came patrolling near the fence, but they left after making a turn. I'm guessing its the airport authorities and not the cops. :rolleyes:

Blast from the past shot.. while i was still so young hahaha... at least it you guys knew that an-124 came once ago :pardon:

1024an124-01.jpg

Blast from the past shot.. while i was still so young hahaha... at least it you guys knew that an-124 came once ago :pardon:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/igg...024an124-01.jpg

*GASP* The An-124! :blink:

I know that it came when I was young as well...cos' I remember my dad taking me to the runway site after my primary school session in the evening and I saw the An-124 take-off in the "intra-Sarawak" direction, then doubled back to conduct a flypast! Then it was gone, never to return....yet.

It brings back memories of the "events" that I always had when the DC-10s would fly off to Tokyo and Osaka, and the A310s of SQ bound for Singapore and the B757s and 767s of BI to BWN... My dad would park the car on the side of the road and I would stand on the edge of the grass and marvel at the aircraft taking off, especially the DC-10s which would always wait till the last moment to let down the nose gear :yahoo: And the rolling roar of those engines!

Those were the days when KCH was a happening airport :)

BTW Ignatius, was the photo taken in 1995/1997? Because I think the An-124 was bound for the LIMA airshow?

Thanks for the photos!

Wah,An-124 at KCH! Thanks for sharing the photo,Iggy!

Ah,nearly forget...

ATTENTION TO ALL MWINGS KCH SPOTTERS

These are the list of Haj flights for KCH,where i got this info while listening to radio last night.

Here's the flight number:

6/11/2008 (Thursday)-MH 8022 (0650am)

8/11/2008 (Saturday)-MH 8026 (1500pm)

10/11/2008 (Monday)-MH 8030 (1555pm)

*That means the B747 will be in town*

These are what i've heard yesterday.For more info,please contact Lembaga Tabung Haji Sarawak office for more details.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

u so young..damn..iam still a baby!

You were standing infront the AN-124, what a lucky person :lol: thanks for sharing Iggy :drinks:

Edited by Simon

Ahh, Kuching was definitely more happening in those days wasn't it? Thanks for sharing the memories, Iggy. :D

Wah,An-124 at KCH! Thanks for sharing the photo,Iggy!

Ah,nearly forget...

ATTENTION TO ALL MWINGS KCH SPOTTERS

These are the list of Haj flights for KCH,where i got this info while listening to radio last night.

Here's the flight number:

*That means the B747 will be in town*

These are what i've heard yesterday.For more info,please contact Lembaga Tabung Haji Sarawak office for more details.

Hi Tamizi, those are departure times right? Anyone have any idea on the arrival times? Wanna try some fence shots again... :p

Yeah.. great to show some classic memories.. was surprise myself that I actually have photo's of it here..

Those haj flights, would love to try out the R25 area for some wide shots hahaha.. but subject to punctuality of the arriving party though.. Always use the rule of thumb then.. that is be there early.. but we have virtual towers/atc around.. no worries. we'll nail it down.. now we only pray weather is on our side which 90% of the time wasnt at all a spotters ally in kch!!! <_>

Iggy,

Didn't the An225 (you know, the six engined monster) drop by KCH for a visit not too many years ago ?

Any pictures ?

Hi Tamizi, those are departure times right? Anyone have any idea on the arrival times? Wanna try some fence shots again... :p

Sorry for the late reply,Goh.Yes,the time mentioned by me are the departure times.Unfortunately there are no infos about the arrival times.Sorry about that! :pardon:

It brings back memories of the "events" that I always had when the DC-10s would fly off to Tokyo and Osaka,

Anyone got pictures of MH DC-10/MD-11 in KCH to share??...miss the time when their still here in KCH and also when their do the rwy 07 landing.. :db:

BTW Ignatius, was the photo taken in 1995/1997? Because I think the An-124 was bound for the LIMA airshow?

i think it was in 1994 or is it 1995..the An-124 created a buzz among the KCH residents because all local papers during that time reported "a BIG aircraft will land in KCH" and locals was invited to visit the aircraft in the afternoon..maybe it was carrying something BIG to KCH but i forgot what was it about :sorry:

No chance for me to spot it during that time..still on exam week here in Uni.. :pardon:

Anyone got pictures of MH DC-10/MD-11 in KCH to share??...miss the time when their still here in KCH and also when their do the rwy 07 landing.. :db:

i think it was in 1994 or is it 1995..the An-124 created a buzz among the KCH residents because all local papers during that time reported "a BIG aircraft will land in KCH" and locals was invited to visit the aircraft in the afternoon..maybe it was carrying something BIG to KCH but i forgot what was it about :sorry:

No chance for me to spot it during that time..still on exam week here in Uni.. :pardon:

Not sure if it ever did carry anything to kuching. What I recalled is that the an-124 came to kuching after attending LIMA and it just chose to stop in kch before heading back to homeland.. Along with the an-124 was the dassault 900 demo jet.

Iggy,

Didn't the An225 (you know, the six engined monster) drop by KCH for a visit not too many years ago ?

Any pictures ?

Ummmm dunnolah.. got kah? That beast is even bigger than the A380.. not sure our runway, taxiway can accomadate it?

Taken last evening.. :pardon:

1024KIA01.jpg

1280KIA02.jpg

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Ignatius