MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH's Routes Changes in January 2008

Guest Michael

When is the fleet renewal coming people? Also how will MAS be better placed than competitors in the long run?

Beyond an improved schedule, we have improved our product by retrofitting both our first and business class cabins with new seats.

Its not exactly new now....

Edited by Walter Sim

MH has reacted to this by removing virtually all the A330 services to SIN from Feb onwards, replacing them with...well, what else... the classic 734s

You can surmise it's a "classic" response by MH !! :)

We have come a long way from our loss of RM1.3 billion in 2006 to a record profit of RM610 million in 2007 (January-September only)

You must admit, the spin doctors MH has within its stable are worth every penny ! (To me at least) The RM1.3B loss now appears to be the benchmark against which all future MH financial achievements are to be compared against. Also, I'm just a tad dissapointed my contribution to the "record profit of RM610M" was not acknowledged, being a captive active member of LHDN contributor club :)

Never mind, it's just my opinion - bearing in mind, what do I know about running an airline, profitably :(

Way O/T here, but Dr Izanee - you related in any way to THE Mydin group ? :)

BC Tam...not MYDIN's wholesale emporium group unfortunately but the clinic.

as expected, more gobshite from Datuk Khan. They conveniently forgot to mention that their profits are due to selling of aircraft... we are, after all, stupid people who don't know what the hell is going on in there.

And that the gahmen had to bagi sedekah to MH to pay its MSS / VSS expenses to lay off workers. What if MH had to find its own money for it... could they be proud of their multi hundred million ringgit profits? Where is the dignity if asking for alms is a perpetual affair?

the cheek that they have. those profits are mostly from passengers paying higher fares and the rest of the country's income tax.

of course, they are nothing but the best. they don't care what other airlines are doing...apart from AK!

of course, they are nothing but the best. they don't care what other airlines are doing...apart from AK!

Since MH is so concern about the one and only competitor in its own backward (i.e. AK), perhaps we should invite more players to enter the yard. Maybe the only way, as a preliminary effort to make MH realised what we have been ranting about in this thread and SO many other threads is *'to allow SQ to operate domestic flights in Malaysia'. Then hopefully MH will wake up from their 'not so beauty' sleep and discover that they are SOOOO lagging behind in fleet renewal program, product replacement, inflight meals and so much more.

*Tu pun if SQ nak. Who knows, depa tak heran pun nak operate the service. Not profitable enough mungkin.

I believe by 2015, SQ and any other ASEAN airlines, can do that. That's when full liberalization takes place. Of course, itupun kalau SQ hingin!

I recall DrM actually said that if MH can't operate domestic flights properly , he'd allow other carriers to do so. It was when there was some problems with the MAS union and the DCA was directed to check all MAS aircraft to confirm that they were 'fit to fly'. I think he make good with his 'warning' when AK was born :) (story read from MAS' 'Airborne' coffeetable book.

I believe by 2015, SQ and any other ASEAN airlines, can do that. That's when full liberalization takes place. Of course, itupun kalau SQ hingin!

I recall DrM actually said that if MH can't operate domestic flights properly , he'd allow other carriers to do so. It was when there was some problems with the MAS union and the DCA was directed to check all MAS aircraft to confirm that they were 'fit to fly'. I think he make good with his 'warning' when AK was born :) (story read from MAS' 'Airborne' coffeetable book.

Imagining the day when SQ acquires 5-10 narrow body fleet to compete with MH on domestic flights. That would give MH a run for its money.

Doubt that would happen though.

Any one know which aircraft operated the last KUL-ZRH flight yesterday?

9M-MRB

Sorry, no pics from ZRH from me. I am out of town today.

what a shame. what kind of hub and spoke network are they talking about? as people have mentioned elsewhere in this forum, for e.g our codeshare with BD is not exclusive. Ten or more other airlines codeshare on the same flights.

IJ or somebody in the higher management have NO clue at how to run an airline.

Thanks Azman, hopefuly sum pics turn up on A.net

I am eagerly anticipating MH's BTP announcement. Let's see if they have what it takes. I'll take my words back if they come up with something outstanding. We can only hope and pray.

Not only "bad" news for MH's European flights ;) Look at this surprising additional flight-news:

Malaysia adds an extra flight on the Amsterdam-Kuala Lumpur route.

26-01-2008

AMSTERDAM - Malaysia Airlines will introduce an additional flight on the AMS-KUL route effective 28jun08 on saturday only, and will bring MH's frequency to AMS to 8 flights weekly. This extra saturday flight will be operating the complete Summer 2008 schedules, and Boeing 747-400 equipment will be used.

The extra flight will depart AMS-Schiphol at 2230 hrs and will arrive at KLIA at 1635 the next day. Regional Manager Continental Europe of MH, says the additional flight will only operate during the Summer season (till the end of October 2008), but hopes this will become a standard flight lateron.

that's good news indeed. it would be nice for another daily flight, don't you think Pieter? twice daily with 744s plus KLMs daily flights.

i remember that KLM used to fly to KUL only once weekly till 1996 - then they quickly increased flights to KUL.

Other airlines like BA, LH, SU etc etc that flew to KUL with more frequencies ended up suspending flights while KLM went to once daily.

To accompany Pieter's replies about MH's 8th weekly flight to AMS.

MAS Summer 2008 Highlights - Source: LIPZ of airliners.net

Seasonal Flights/Destinations:

London Gatwick - New twice weekly red-eyes ex-KUL (departing early Sunday and Thursday morning) using B772.

Rome - Additional weekly flight on Sunday evening (up from 4 to 5 weekly flights)

Perth - Additional early evening departures ex-KUL on Monday and Friday (up from 9 to 11 weekly flights)

Macau - 6 weekly B734 flights (same as Winter 2007/2008)

Frequency/Capacity Change:

Tokyo - 2 additional B772 flights (although NRT-KUL has yet to show the 2 additional flights). KUL-BKI-NRT flights are now departing KUL/BKI in the morning instead of a red-eye ex KUL/BKI. KUL-NRT will have twice daily B772 flights in addition to the twice weekly KUL-BKI-NRT (total of 14 weekly flights)

Beijing: Frequency increased from 7 to 11 weekly flights (still no sign of equipment/frequency upgauge during the Olympics)

Dhaka: Frequency increased from 11 to 12 weekly flights

Delhi: Frequency reduced from 9 to 8 weekly flights

Guest Michael

I am sure there will be more route changes as well with the fleet renewal hey.

Probably - maybe an extra flight a week to PEK, another to CAN or PVG as well as a once weekly KUL-BNE-SYD-AKL-BNE-KUL flight.

SQ is already flying 4xdaily to SYD. MAS used to be just behind SQ in flights to Australia. We have lost so much ground. That is why we're not making money. Their so-called 'expansion' is laughable.

Lahore??? wow....what a money making destination. What a waste of aircraft (my mom's side are from Pakistan BTW - before anyone makes any comments about me being against Pakistan).

Guys,

This is what's shown in my res-system right now for the extra MH saturday flight; weird flight-number though :huh:

28JUN 06SEP .....6. 1200 KUL 1840 AMS MH7326 744 FPA 0

28JUN 06SEP .....6. 2230 AMS *1635 KUL MH7327 744 FPA 0

all these while i see many changes in MH.

Fly here...ooopsss...eh no more fly there meh...

then "they" said we have to increase flight to here....eh, suddenly they stop or decrease.

then they planned to go here....eh where is the plan?

then i dream of 777 night stop in Kota Bharu...never happen.

then i dream of MH go to HNL...never happen again.

then i dream if we should do more to this destination...never happen.

then i hear people say this and that....never happen...

what happen ah...tell me.

I work with MH...i have not much say of here and there...

i wish many good things...

i was searching through MH's website for its travel fair tics. no PVG!!! what is going on with MH??

O, o Johan. You have missed out a BIG news - the missing out of 24 destinations from MH's new booking system. This thread please. http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7883