MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Delwin A

Mukah, Lahad Datu airports next

A couple of pics of LDU from around July last year - construction still in progress then

ldu1.jpg

ldu2.jpg

Read in the news towards end of year that the new terminal has been commissioned and being used

Now after a month or two, we hear of another upgrade - either someone grossly underestimated required capacity or LDU going to experience some exponential explosive growth (probably put Dubai to shame !)

Must not forget also that there is a very underutilised TWU further along the road, still not jumbo capable yet I believe. Oh the opportunities !!

On another note, does the surrounding terrain around both Mukah and LDU allow for such extensive runway extension that jumbo capability will require ? And land availability ? I recall LDU as being quite hemmed in

I remember reading about this company called Global Upline and I think it is some crony company.

In Malaysia money can only be made (read: corruption) when there is construction going on, there is no big money to be had in just maintaining the things after they are built. That's why there are so many shoddy works, roof leakings, pipes bursting, flyover cracking, buildings collapsing etc etc. No need to build it properly, after all the government will pay you EXTRA to fix the problem that was caused by your shoddy construction in the first place!

Mega project after mega project, and the common rakyat is left wondering how do these projects actually benefit me?

As I know, Mukah airport has already been upgraded in 2005.

The whole Mukah population can fit in a 747 :clapping:

Anyway, guys, again gahmen need to spend money, no spending means no money to give/take and what better ways to spend big amount of money in one shot other than bulding airports?

Hi,Kenneth here. If you read one of the Chinese Newspaper during the launch of Kuching's Kenyalang Interchange.There was a model of Mukah's airport.It has the same aerofoil roof and the "drop-off" and "pick-up" area has 3 arches with glass which allows sunlight to shine thru.No joke, that airport, well the model at least, features 3 aerobridges.No joke! Kinda nice looking.But i think lahad datu and sandakan need their new terminal asap! BTW, only the runway is B747 capable, thats because the Sarawak Regional Corridor in somewhere Mukah up to Bintulu.Maybe for Cargo/Frighter services.ie fertilizer,aliminium...etc???

Refreshing an old topic... ^_^

Taken from the SCORE exhibition in BTU...Credits to http://rudyparadise.blogspot.com/2008/02/m...ew-airport.html

New Mukah Airport

The Model

IMG_5476.jpg

A slightly modified BTU airport including a new entrance roof design...

Huh..where did TPK got those MH A320 models :huh:

Locality Plan

IMG_5403.jpg

Still another copy cat design of KLIA :bad: ...typical TPK project & design <_<

hehehe...Need to plan my Twin Otter trip to MKH after this,must visit the old terminal before its become history... :db:

At first,i mati-mati (confidently) thought that's the new Sibu airport terminal,but later after i've find out... :blink:

An another blowing disappointment to the people of Sibu,including me <_>

Amazing what is in store for MKM! I hope Mukah Kaul Resort will not be affected. Nice and quiete place it is. But first, clean up the beaches of logs and other by-products of the timber industry.

Taken from the SCORE exhibition in BTU...Credits to http://rudyparadise.blogspot.com/2008/02/m...ew-airport.html

New Mukah Airport

The Model

IMG_5476.jpg

Locality Plan

IMG_5403.jpg

Still another copy cat design of KLIA :bad: ...typical TPK project & design <_>

hehehe...Need to plan my Twin Otter trip to MKH after this,must visit the old terminal before its become history... :db:

Apuuh! No joke kan?Looks like it is as compatible as SENAI airport minus the no. of aerobridges!!Cool!Hope it doesnt become a white elephant!Nice Arches...ririg leaves inspired...not bad....

New Mukah Airport

The Model

IMG_5476.jpg

Locality Plan

IMG_5403.jpg

Still another copy cat design of KLIA :bad: ...typical TPK project & design <_>

Aiyaaa... please... I want the same laid back Mukah airport to be retained. OKlah, maybe a few upgrade, but not like this big terminal...

Take Limbang for example, it was really wayyyy fun with the old terminal.... not like the current new terminal... too 'modern'

Any way to find out how many vehicles are there in Mukah ? The proposed airport car park can accomodate what portion of this total at any one time ? :)

No need la another white elephant ...

747 itself dont want to see us at KIA

Personally I have not seen model of new KKIA, have you ? :o

Raymond Lim has kindly offered to search for it and post pics here if found :good:

That's the biggest liar from the government since election time is here. I am sure the Rakyat is not so stupid to believe that,

That's the biggest liar from the government since election time is here. I am sure the Rakyat is not so stupid to believe that,

Sorry for being stupid :sorry: , can we sue the government for doing so?

Sorry for being stupid :sorry: , can we sue the government for doing so?

No one will want to take such action also...haha :rolleyes:

Personally I have not seen model of new KKIA, have you ? :o

Raymond Lim has kindly offered to search for it and post pics here if found :good:

my bad , not really the model of KKIA , the one that we were discussing at BKI SPOTTING

Last time the old sibu airport was the busiest airport in Malaysia ..

Wonder, what will happen if Mukah airport is ready ...

Of coz, Ak will benefit this coz TF can create a new route ..

Ex:

Mukah - KLIA

Mukah - Singapore

Mukah - JB

Mukah - Pontianak

Mukah - Miri

Mukah - Sibu ???

How about MH ?

Last time the old sibu airport was the busiest airport in Malaysia ..

You mean busiest on the list of least busiest airport in Malaysia? ;)

Mukah is a mere 43 miles (69km) from Sibu. Isn't it more appropriate to spend the money on improving the road? :pardon:

Ah, you have thus opened our eyes to the immense opportunities :)

First, build the new dugong capable Mukah International Airport, designated aviation hub for Mukah and surrounding areas

Second, construct a six lane super highway, toll collection optional, linking Sibu City (it will be, when all this materializes) to her new gateway

Third, existing Sibu airport to be redeveloped into private aviation hub and maintenance centre

Fourth, redevelop the redeveloped Sibu airport to LCC hub status, due to rakyat's demand for a nearer, cheaper alternative to fly

Fifth, it's time for upgrading works at Mukah International Airport, new satellite terminal likely necessary by then

Hey, don't scoff at the idea - it's a tried and tested formula. And a very successful one too, cue Global Upline :p

Edited by BC Tam