MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

What to do - the previous MH management under TR ransacked it. The poor taxpayer had to buy what they already owned - in the WAU exercise. So PNB was set up to own the planes and MH was forced to lease their aircraft from PNB.

With regards to the A333 orders, much has been discussed in the other thread. MH, due to their management incompetence, failed to make fleet replacement decisions earlier on. And right now, they do need the new planes desperately! So they had no choice but to order the A333s as ordering other planes will mean a long lead time to delivery. That meant they will have to soldier on with old equipment that may not be worth refurbishing.

Both MH and SQ were born out of the same MSA shell. But while SQ has gone from strength to strength, MH has gone from tongkat to tongkat! Sad! :(

Edited by flee

What to do - the previous MH management under TR ransacked it. The poor taxpayer had to buy what they already owned - in the WAU exercise. So PNB was set up to own the planes and MH was forced to lease their aircraft from PNB.

For the zillionth time - it is P-M-B folks! Not P-N-B. Two totally different entities.

JET AIRWAYS FIRST CLASS (TURKISH AIRLINES FIRST CLASS, GULF AIR FIRST CLASS)

1228847.jpg

1215093.jpg

The pride of the promising but troubled new airline - India's Jet Airways. Even with a wonderful premium product, the airline has to let go almost the entire fleet of their Boeing 777-300 ER aircrafts, which were equipped with this First Class cabin, leasing/leased it out to Turkish Airlines and Gulf Air, whom benefitted from the R & D efforts made by 9W.

This cabin features a fully flat bed, private suite-style seat with dual sliding doors, private wardrobe, night sky mood lighting system, 5 course meals, a BOSE noise cancelling headphones and a 23 inch flat TV.

*All photographs are extracted from A.Net and KINDLY CLICK ON EACH OF THEM TO INCREASE THEIR HIT.

Following the current development, we can slash Gulf Air from the title and replace it with Royal Brunei Airlines instead. Yes, those fantastic 9W's suite seats maybe a reality aboard BI.

Following another recent development, as mentioned by both jadivindra and H C Chai in another threads, we can slash BI from the list and replace it with TG instead. Yes, our neighbour Thai Airways is going to lease 3 of 9W's B77Ws and hence, inherit these First Class product. http://asia.businesstraveller.com/news/thai-upgrade-premium-seating

Somehow I think 9W's magnificent B77W is quite jinxy. But I think TG is going to make a killing with it, just like TK does. This product is meant for Star Alliance LOL!

From what I gather, LHR is the primary route for A380. So, will MH put 2X daily of A380 on this route? If thats is the case, will it be too much in terms of capacity increase? IMO, if MH retained their third landing right to LHR, it would more economical to employ smaller aircraft like B772.

From what I gather, LHR is the primary route for A380. So, will MH put 2X daily of A380 on this route? If thats is the case, will it be too much in terms of capacity increase? IMO, if MH retained their third landing right to LHR, it would more economical to employ smaller aircraft like B772.

It is beyond late! Others are already doing that and by the time MH really get it done (A380 to LHR) it will just be following others.

IMO, if MH retained their third landing right to LHR, .....

Are you implying MH had a third (daily) slot at LHR at some point in time ?! :blink:

My apologies :sorry: , they must have had

Just checked an old copy of their timetable, were doing 18x weekly KUL-LHR back in "1 August - 28 October 2006"

Edited by BC Tam

I am not sure where I heard this from, but the slot was given to Air India. Apologise if it wasn't true.

Not given. It was sold to Air India during the time where MH tried to sell everything for some liquidity. The 3rd daily flight to LHR used to carry flight number MH 7/8. The maximum service that MH can provide to LHR now is 2 daily A380, which I think is do-able.

But I agree that it will be a significance addition to the capacity. At present, MH is offering 718 seats (359 x 2) each direction daily. If MH is planning a 2 daily A380 flights, there will be 1,020 seats (510 x 2) each direction daily, an increase of 302 seats, which is equivalent to almost an entire B744 flight.

If MH can keep the demand strong, it should make wonders as these 2 daily A380 flights will bring as much passengers as 3 B744 flights, hence the losing of the 3rd daily slot into LHR is somehow recovered.

Has MH finally removed Visit Malaysia Year stickers from all of their aircraft? That's really a good move.

Edited by Johan Z

Has MH finally removed Visit Malaysia Year stickers from all of their aircraft? That's really a good move.

It was outdated.

Nearer home base than LHR however would have thought both SYD (QF A380 base) and LHR (SQ/EK A380 destination) would have Airbus Engineering cover should anything go wrong with the aircraft.

That's what I thought. In case if something went wrong and to get the crew acclimatise with the real in-flight situation as well. Medium distance is better than long-haul flight for them, I reckon.

Not sure if it will get much attention as SQ did.

SYD is a shorter route - good for getting as many flight crew to chalk up the hours.

MH will also be initially flying with one aircraft. So, it can keep a SYD daily schedule but won't be able to do that on the LHR run until it has two aircraft serving that route. So I guess MH does not have that many options when they only have one or two aircraft delivered.

Will MH really get their first A380 in 2011? Really hope there will be no more dramas with Airbus. Will (the new) A330 and A380 feature similar Y and J seats?

I m not really Sure of First class though but The current Golden Club Class and Economy seats in T7's n 747s will be the same, but the Economy seats will be slightly enhanced if i am not mistaken cause the Economy seats seats in the B737-800s are going to be fitted with PTVs if i am not mistaken.

Edited by haansel

I m not really Sure of First class though but The current Golden Club Class and Economy seats in T7's n 747s will be the same, but the Economy seats will be slightly enhanced if i am not mistaken cause the Economy seats seats in the B737-800s are going to be fitted with PTVs if i am not mistaken.

I'm sorry if it was mentioned before in this forum. Do you guys think that the new A330 will feature IFE in every seat? And how about the seats? Hope its truly upgraded...I am starting to have new hope for their new A330...

I'm 99.99% sure, they will feature IFE. Because they will employ this aircraft to the prestigious routes, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong etc as a replacemement for B777.

Will MH really get their first A380 in 2011? Really hope there will be no more dramas with Airbus. Will (the new) A330 and A380 feature similar Y and J seats?

As mentioned by the MH Rumour Department, during the A333 + A332F purchase signing ceremony the Airbus COO mentioned about a 'slight' delay. Hopefully 'slight' means 1 or 2 months the most. But as made known to the public, Korean Air's first A380 aircraft, which was scheduled to be delivered on the 4th quarter 2010 is now re-scheduled to 2nd quarter 2011 by Airbus. That's a 6 months delay guys! OTOH, MH better be having a single type of new Y, J and F seats for product uniformity across the fleets for the new A333s and A380s.

That shouldn't be happening. MH is CRAZY if they allow this to happen. These A333s and A380s are MH's best chance to prove to all Malaysians and the rest of the world that they are serious about flying and keen to take on nemesis like SQ and EK. New seats with PTV on the new B738s are much welcomed though.

I'm sorry if it was mentioned before in this forum. Do you guys think that the new A330 will feature IFE in every seat? And how about the seats? Hope its truly upgraded...I am starting to have new hope for their new A330.

They ought to! Otherwise might as well they don't buy the A333s in the first place. A complete and utter waste if it is.

Just a reminder, discussion about the A333s should be done in its thread. http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13771

OK, sorry about that, I know its a bit off-topic. But, yeah MH current Airbus is depressing. During my early years of fascination with aircrafts, everyone around me and myself always thought that when someone mentions 'Airbus', they would think something big, spacious aircraft (Unfortunately that perception still exist although MH B777 is more superior).

The other day when I was waiting in PEN for my AK flight back to BKI, saw this group of Sabahans (also went in the same flight). Outside our waiting lounge on the taxiway, we saw SQ B777 went for the gate. Then, one of the group member said, "basar tu Airbus - (what a big Airbus)". <_ i standing near to him just laugh my mind... and almost want correct on that. but chose keep quiet... src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)">

Ok, sorry again for the O/T...

Back to topic,

Not sure if it will get much attention as SQ did.

Apart from the long haul international routes that A380 should be intended for, maybe for some media fanfare, MH could utilize their A380 for "the world's first scheduled domestic route on A380". :D