MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

This pic from Mr. Md Radzi Desa rite? I've seen it somewhere before.... :good:

Here

Beautiful bird. Can't wait to see how MH will configure their interior.

What production list means? I assume the stage which the components are being manufactured before final assembly.

Maybe what he mean was the final production assembly line.

and MAR, what is the least number on 'production list' ?

Edited by Mohd Idham

Yes, from understanding and what have been told to me, during the 'Production List' phase, parts or sections for the respective frames are being made by all the A380 manufacturers all over the world in sequence of their serial (MSN) number before it enters the 'In Parts Receiving' stage. At the moment, there are 16 frames in the 'Production List' stage, with MH's MSN 078 being the very latest one.

wow nice!!! and urmm, whats up with the pale ?_?

I don't think its available at the moment. I'm sure they'll wanna give priority to their own pilots to train on it first. Don't you think so?

Thanks for sharing. Do all airlines with A380 have their own flight simulator? Is it possible to send pilots for training in overseas? Which one more cost effective and better?

Something related.

A380simMH.jpg

Don't think it is operational yet.

MSN078 MH #1 frame is currenly in build stage

Frames Currently in Build Stages:

MSN063 - Qantas #11

MSN068 - Korean Air #4

MSN072 - Lufthansa #9

MSN074 - Qantas #12

MSN075 - Korean Air #5

MSN076 - Singapore Airlines #15

MSN077 - Emirates #17

MSN078 - Malaysia Airlines #1

MSN079 - Singapore Airlines #16

MSN080 - Emirates #18

MSN082 - Singapore Airlines #17

from http://a380production.com/

The number indicate number XX for each airlines? So seems like EK will get their #17 faster than SQ? Wasn't aware that EK's deliver was so fast that they managed to catch up.

I think that is just natural. EK has 90 confirmed A380s (58 from the first order + 32 from the recent order at the 2010 Berlin Air Show) vs QF, the airline with the most number of A380 on firm order after EK with 20 aircrafts and SQ with 19 aircrafts. They will soon surpass SQ as the world's largest operator of A380 when their 11th aircraft is delivered and they will hold the title for possibly eternity. Interestingly, EK also snatched the title of the world's largest operator of B777 from SQ not too long ago.

I believe the simulator is not yet operational.

BTW Sofian's #3 picture is not the simulator, more of a FMGS trainer to be used for flight management computer training. I don't know where it is located; the Thales full-flight sim is located near the B747-400 sim.

To be more accurate picture #3 is a Flight Training Device or FTD and has recently been called an APT too (Airbus Flight Trainer). It is used as part of simulator training where concentration is mainly on Standard Procedures and FMGS work. There will be 6 or 7 sessions on the FTD after which the trainees will move on to the Full Flight Simulator. It is located at the former briefing room that faces the conference room in the Flight Crew Training Centre at SZB.

It is located at the former briefing room that faces the conference room in the Flight Crew Training Centre at SZB.

Mystery solved regarding the raised floor and newly installed glass door for the room.

Anyway, as posted earlier in another thread...

A380simMH.jpg

(Nokia N85 photo)

Edited by Radzi

MAS plans premium economy class on A380

THE arrival of Malaysia Airlines' (MAS) (3786) first A380 superjumbo in 2012 will see another first for the national carrier - the introduction of a premium economy class.

Currently, its fleet offers economy, business and first class seats to its passengers.

The relatively new class of seats is already available in airlines such as British Airways, Qantas and Thai Airways.

"It will definitely not be as good as our business class, but we understand that there are more discerning consumers out there, that wouldn't mind paying extra for added comfort," MAS managing director and chief executive officer Tengku Datuk Azmil Zahruddin told Malaysian reporters after attending the International Airport Transport Association annual general meeting in Berlin recently.

Generally, premium economy is about 65 per cent less expensive than business class, and offers more leg room, with business class-like amenities. Services and fares differ according to airlines.

"We want to gain back flyers who are flying to Europe on Middle Eastern carriers," Tengku Azmil said.

The A380, which seats around 500 people, gives MAS more room to play with its configuration.

"We spent a long time figuring out what we want to put into premium economy.

"We will see how it works in our A380s, then decide whether it is worth introducing in our other aircraft," Tengku Azmil said.

MAS' A380s, when they arrive, are slotted to ply its high density routes such as Kuala Lumpur-London and Kuala Lumpur-Sydney.

Source: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/pmas3/Article/#ixzz0qbuTe7N2

"MAS may cancel Airbus 380 order"

MAS managing director and CEO Tengku Datuk Azmil Zahruddin (left) and chairman Tan Sri Dr Munir Majid answering questions after MAS's 39th AGM.— Picture by Jack OoiPETALING JAYA, June 21 — National carrier Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAS) might look to cancel its order of six A380s from Airbus if the aircraft manufacturer continues to postpone delivery of the Superjumbo.

“We’re not happy with the delays and we’ll not rule anything out at this stage,” MAS managing director and CEO Tengku Datuk Azmil Zahruddin said.

Airbus was to have handed over the A380 — the largest passenger airliner in the world — to MAS in 2007 but has repeatedly postponed delivery, first to Q3 2011 then most recently to April 2012.

“The board’s position is quite clear. We cannot tolerate another postponement,” MAS chairman Tan Sri Dr Munir Majid said.

“[We are] rather disappointed ... with these numerous postponements.”

Tengku Azmil said the airline was currently in discussions with Airbus on the A380 delays.

“There is already some mandated compensation. We’re having further discussions with Airbus on that,” he said at a press conference following MAS’s 39th annual general meeting.

“We need to make sure that we’re not talking about a whole series of delays where we keep being given one date after another. It’s very difficult to plan.”

I am sure after some persuasion another delay can be tolerated. :p

I really hope they will cancel A380. It's better to suffer now than later. I really believe A380 order was a mistake made by previous management.

I really hope they will cancel A380. It's better to suffer now than later. I really believe A380 order was a mistake made by previous management.

Why a mistake?

:drinks:

Published: Monday June 21, 2010 MYT 2:30:00 PM

MAS to make decision on A380 status

PETALING JAYA: Malaysian Airlines Bhd (MAS) will make a decision this year on whether the airline will cancel its A380 orders.

The airline, which had ordered six A380s to augment its fleet, was scheduled to have the aircraft in operation in May 2008.

However, production has been delayed numerous times resulting in a number of other airlines cancelling their orders.

“Mas hopes to make a decision this yearon whether we’ll cancel the A380 orders,” MAS managing director and chief executive officer Tengku Datuk Azmil Zahruddin said in a media briefing Monday.

He added that the airline would also spend RM450 million over the next five years to boost service standards and offerings.

------------------------

Finally today's Star above - at least MH now officially mentioned that it is considering cancellation of its A380 "due production delays".

But i feel its better that MH cancels its 6 A380s as seriously MH do not have that knid of pax traffic ecept for one daily KUL-LHR service - and just having the A380s for as "ego" does not make financial prudence. MH should well get the B773ER. Even if MH chosses to go ahead with its A380s, it will really mean that MH will have to cut its fares even more to get enough pax.

They've been compensated and the A380 flight simulator has been set up. If they want to cancel the A380 order they could've done so earlier...

Maybe they shouldn't have ordered the A380, but they should definitely not think about cancelling the order after all these...