MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alex J.

9M-AFW

Bumping ... to remind, tomorrow's da day! Hope weather'll be better than today. :)

My kaki in Toulouse tells me: 9M-AFW ETA 2/3/08, 0100 UTC.

Of course usual disclaimer applies. Pleasant spotting, all!

I've something on in LCCT early morning...

Guess I'll stay put for couple of hours & see this ugly duckling..

BUT... I met TF in my flight coming back from PEN last Thursday..

He mentioned MONDAY will see arrival of 'new aircraft with F1 scheme'.... :blink:

there's one AK flight arriving at 0900 from Sharjah on 2/03/08 (Sunday). could that flight possibly be the ONE? :help: as far as i know, AK don't fly that route.

Edited by Victor A.

Ok... here she is...

9MAFW_2Mac08KUL_6834mw.jpg

Thanks to Naim for providing me with 'running commentary' ( :p ) regarding her arrivals

since she was late from her scheduled arrival of 0900Local.

She landed at 1048...

Me and Victor almost gave up thinking either she landed 32R

or she delayed to another day....

Here's Victor with AFW...

9MAFW_2Mac08KUL_6853.jpg

--

Thanks Norman for sharing the "Hmmmm ??? color scheme :ph34r: :crazy: " from AK.

Not my favourite color scheme and I am sure won't vote her. :p

nice catch there :good: , well everyone say it is ugly , yes it is ugly , but somehow deep in my heart it is not tat ugly :unknw: :D

This has to be the fastest A320 in AK Fleet of A320's... , but so ugly!!!! :p

Thanks guys... ;)

This has to be the fastest A320 in AK Fleet of A320's... , but so ugly!!!! :p

Not the fastest, if we consider she arrived well after her 'slot' in

alphabetical order of rego.... and she also arrived almost 2 hours behind sched. :rofl:

Hopefully AT&T Williams won't be like that... :rofl:

Wow nice catch Norman!! Is she scheduled for passenger runs right after she landed?

Most probably tomorrow will start operation.... need to cool down the engines first after the long-houl from Toulouse.

Thanks guys... ;)

Not the fastest, if we consider she arrived well after her 'slot' in

alphabetical order of rego.... and she also arrived almost 2 hours behind sched. :rofl:

Hopefully AT&T Williams won't be like that... :rofl:

Most probably tomorrow will start operation.... need to cool down the engines first after the long-houl from Toulouse.

Don't send to kuchng first I hope, weather sux, if she comes also cannot shoot kakakka :pardon:

Please send her to SIN . . . I promise that if we know that she is coming, we will extend to her a very warm welcome.

Response to this ship is interesting . . . a few think it is beautiful but quite a few think that it is ugly. For me, I think it fulfills its role as the flagship for a motor-race entity and takes on the kind of "patch-work" look that we have all come to associate with race cars in a Grand Prix. Whether it is aesthetically qualified to be branded a beauty is debatable . . . but in any case, she is special and I don't think we will ever get tired of seeing her.

So send her South to SIN please. If anyone knows she is heading to SIN, would appreciate an SMS, call, a shout, a yell, a cry, a heads-up . . . thanks in advance. Meanwhile, don't forget to send the other specials to SIN too. We have thus far only seen the one that is minimally-special - the one with the 50th aircraft sticker.

Congratulations Norman (and others) for capturing her welcome. The sun shone - the power of collective and shamelessly positive thinking. Mana nose-shot a-la-Azahan?

KC Sim

Just wonder, those other companies such as Philips, Bridgestone and Petrobras, are they getting "free" advertisement on AirAsia?

Mana nose-shot a-la-Azahan?

Next target ~??? Azahan~???

Wahahahaha... awal sampai.. pergghh hopefully it not peel off early.. i want to catch it laaah~!!! :rofl:

It Weird Special Livery.. :diablo:

Just wonder, those other companies such as Philips, Bridgestone and Petrobras, are they getting "free" advertisement on AirAsia?

Yup... m wondering too...

These corporations paid Williams so that their names got pasted on the F1 cars...

and AirAsia came in, & carry the names on the aircraft... Hmm... :unsure:

Thanks to Naim for providing me with 'running commentary' ( :p ) regarding her arrivals

since she was late from her scheduled arrival of 0900Local.

She landed at 1048...

Heheheh ... and I was more than 40km away in my bedroom. :D

Funny, I checked the SHJ online FID, and it said 3404 departed 2001h (SHJ time, which is UTC+4), and yet the plane landed here some 11 hours later. Another stopover somewhere?

Any more worthy pics of this Ugly Duckling, Norman/Victor?

luckily the ugly duckling did show up although its 1h 48min late. while Norman got AFW with blue background, i got AFW in grey background.. :pardon:

IMG_MWingsAFW_filtered.jpg

she's more like a flying billboard/advert board, hell a lot of stickers all over her fuselage. ooohh Norman, both side of the a/c has the same decal/livery. :pardon: Ah Yong managed to have a shot of the left side of the aircraft.

Edited by Victor A.

I can't help myself from saying its an ugly DUCKLING!!!! IAn... your cousin kah?? hehehe.. If the paint starts peeling off, its going to look even worst... anyways... nice catch regardless of the looks.. :clapping:

she's more like a flying billboard/advert board, hell a lot of stickers all over her fuselage. ooohh Norman, both side of the a/c has the same decal/livery. :pardon: Ah Yong managed to have a shot of the left side of the aircraft.

Thanks Victor ... nice, nice, hideously nice I must say ... oooo I see 'Accenture' on the nose. :)

What does Philips Shaver got to do with F1?????? :help:

Sign in to follow this