MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

So basically this thing should only be a concern if one is booked/ticketed under flight number MH9XXX only. Again, these tickets are also difficult to purchase because MH doesn't sell them online, unlike other airlines.

So basically this thing should only be a concern if one is booked/ticketed under flight number MH9XXX only. Again, these tickets are also difficult to purchase because MH doesn't sell them online, unlike other airlines.

Yes, the great offer that's only available on "April 31st every year!"

Typical MH isnt it?

So much PR done to highlight this new Enrich feature, but the online booking engine - which is highlighted as the key shopfront - does not support it.

Another case of the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

No offense but ,

None taken.

I've found presenting your Enrich card during Check In solves the problem of "missing miles" . I now show it with my IC , and no problems thus far (3 years and counting)

Looks like things have improved, was using Enrich when I was studying abroad, this was back in 01, so gosh that was 8 years ago, remember those MH blue and yellow, buynfly cards introduced back in 99, then converted and absorbed to Enrich FFPs, I was with them back then. Yes, back then presenting my Enrich card at check in, I still didn't get my miles accrued. Emails were unanswered! Heck, I'm still awaiting reply to emails to MH sent back in 97. Glad to know there has been some improvements.

What tier is your Dad ? Enrich introduced a new system where they now only award free excess baggage to Enrich, where :

Blue : 5Kg extra

Silver : 10Kg

Gold : 1.5x weight limit

Platinum : 2x

Not Sure really, but Dad being H.E. the appointed Ambassador of our country posted at an overseas diplomatic Mission, really does fly a lot. Will ask Dad when he's coming back in a few weeks for our family hols. Currently Mom and Sis are over there visiting Dad, let's just put it this way, other carriers have been far more lenient with excess baggage to my family than our own flag carrier, pros and cons to that.

Silver and above are entitled to board anytime they wish, It's all in the Welcome letter.

Ok, point taken, but the Enrich member would feel a lot more special amongst the non enrich cretins and philistines boarding the aircraft, especially if he was reminded how special he was during boarding, trumpeted by an invite at how he can board the plane first or whenever he feels like.

Ironically helmi, at the throw-away fares that you go (and I too!) on MH, you will most likely not earn any mileage accruals.

Agreed, if it wasn't for the company paying for full fare MH flights for work related travel, I'd think twice about reactivating Enrich. Its a shame since I've missed out on the points for this year's travel. Especially with all the promos that could have been had.

Enrich still needs to buck up. The Enrich online - after all these months & years - is still not fully integrated into the MH website. Booking class "E" is still not recognised by the Enrich system.

Looks like more needs to be done.

I am not sure if Enrich team has improved though.

Whilst I find the enrich online improved, their staff professionalism still need to be looked into.

I recently discovered that my miles were not credited as per their promotional material. On 14 Dec, I called the enrich team to inquire and after a long wait (as usual) I managed to speak to one of the staff. He promised to look into it and call me back. He did call back but did not understand the whole situation. I had to explain and make sure he completely understand the whole situation. He promised to check and call me back with the info but he never did.

Then on 17 December I wrote to Enrich unit, giving them all the explanations and documents they need to make their life easier. As of today, no response.

Not satisfied, I called enrich team again on 23 Dec to check on the status. The staff acknowledged my letter and earlier complaints in their system and said he had to refer to his superior. He promised to call me back on the same day. But he never did.

I know they must be super busy now. But at least they can tell their staff to KEEP THEIR PROMISE.

Its been 3 weeks and I am still waiting. Any help/suggestions from any of the enrich team in this forum?

is enrich voucher transferable? ie. i redeem the voucher, pass it to someone else to use for inflight purchase? those items in eshops are either not to my liking or no stock.

also, how long is the voucher validity?

I sent this email to Enrich today. Let see how fast they reply to a query.

Does anyone has the list? I just couldn't imagine how painful it is to claim the miles, definitely all have to be done manually meaning one has to be present at the Enrich Customer Service Center to ensure smooth flow of the transaction, boarding pass collected and requires at least a week to process. Any experience anyone? Mushrif?

They (the Malaysia Airlines Travel team from Facebook) replied fast!

MAS Travel to me

show details 12:41 PM (5 hours ago)

Hi Azizul,

You can check the list of codeshare partners at our e-timetable. Simply visit our website www.malaysiaairlines.com and click under booking&info. Once in the page, do download the PDF format. You can find the info in page 3 of the e-timetable. You can earned miles from codeshare partners on MH9000 series only.

Rgds/MAT

So are codeshare flights MH9XXX will be sold on a single digit booking class which entitles one to 100% Enrich miles? No right? This are actually the details that I am requesting. What booking code gets 50%, 70%, 100%, 150%, 200% Enrich miles accrual and such.

is enrich voucher transferable? ie. i redeem the voucher, pass it to someone else to use for inflight purchase? those items in eshops are either not to my liking or no stock.

also, how long is the voucher validity?

I only have an experience with the Golden Lounge Access voucher. It is transferable to others (but you have to write an authorisation letter to MH to mention about your intention). Desmond Loo did this to me last year. The voucher is valid for 6 months. There's an expiration date clearly stamped at the back of it.

Why redeem the miles for a voucher? You can get a one way flight to any destination within Peninsular Malaysia from KUL for 5,500 Enrich miles only (until 31 January 2010). Just refer to the newsletter.

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here, please let me know if I'm in the wrong forum. Thanks!

Ok, here's the story:

I recently bought a ticket (KBR - KUL - LHR) via MAS website, and opted for the MHbasic fare since it is upgradeable "for a fee" according to the website. Normally I wouldn't care much about upgrading, but since I will be bringing loads of things with me, I thought it was a good idea.

So once I bought the ticket, I happily call Enrich centre to upgrade my ticket. After giving my reference number, they told me that the ticket is not upgradeable as it is 'H' class ticket. As a regular customer, I don't know anything about different codes used by MAS. I tried looking online as well, and couldn't find any information apart from the page which says MHbasic is upgradeable when making the purchase.

Do you guys know anything about this? I believe this is false advertisement, and considering to report to FOMCA if MAS does not resolve this issue.

What do you mean by upgrade? Economy to Business?

Checked with the website, erm, upgrade there means upgrading to MHSmart or MHFlex..

What do you mean by upgrade? Economy to Business?

Checked with the website, erm, upgrade there means upgrading to MHSmart or MHFlex..

Sorry for being vague in my first post - yes, economy to business.

Can you please post me the link of the page you saw?

The page that I saw when making my purchase is this one: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en/includes/MHvalue_Fares/international.htm

This is the main reference table.

EnrichChart.jpg

Clearly booking class H is not allowable to be upgraded from Economy Class to Business Class using Enrich Miles. Only MHSmart and MHFlex fares are eligible for this kind of upgrade.

I am not sure whether bringing this issue to FOMCA would look good on you because the rules are clearly stated and it seems that you are confused with it. Maybe you can contact the Malaysia Airlines Travel (MAT) team for further clarification? So far, based on my experience they are prompt in replying any queries. They can be reached at malaysiaairlinestravel@gmail.com

*THIS QUESTION AND ALL THE OTHER QUERIES IN THE WHOLE SUBFORUM SHOULD BE ANSWERED BY MH, NOT US. THIS IS WHY I KEEP ON MENTIONING THAT THIS WHOLE SUBFORUM IS A PARASITE.

I just saw your link and there seems to be some inconsistencies in the information provided by MH. I think the link is obsolete, and it is superseeded by the table that I provided (which is valid from 1 July 2009 onwards).

You should bring this matter to the court. You can win this case LOL.

Edit: I just perused the T&C in the link that you provided.

4. The above information is subject to change without prior notice. Should there be any discrepancy between the above information and the terms and conditions (T&C) published in the fare rules, then the T&C in the fare rules shall prevail.

So, you will lose the case. Don't bother LOL. Maybe next time you should fly Singapore Airlines or Emirates Airlines. They are fabulous!

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

This is the main reference table.

[snip]

I just saw your link and there seems to be some inconsistencies in the information provided by MH. I think the link is obsolete, and it is superseeded by the table that I provided (which is valid from 1 July 2009 onwards).

You should bring this matter to the court. You can win this case LOL.

Edit: I just perused the T&C in the link that you provided.

4. The above information is subject to change without prior notice. Should there be any discrepancy between the above information and the terms and conditions (T&C) published in the fare rules, then the T&C in the fare rules shall prevail.

So, you will lose the case. Don't bother LOL. Maybe next time you should fly Singapore Airlines or Emirates Airlines. They are fabulous!

I'm already in contact with MAS' customer relations officer regarding this issue. I'm just posting it here to get more opinion regarding the issue.

I am not at all aware regarding the new table, where did you get it from? Is it easily accessible? You are right about the clause, but they should at least update the freaking page where you make bookings. The reason why to book online is to save time. If I have to spend 30 mins just to find the latest reference table, it beats the whole purpose.

Going to the court would be a little bit too much, but I will probably file a complaint to FOMCA regarding the lack of _easily available_ information when booking tickets through the website.

I would travel with other airlines, but I'll be wasting a lot of time in transit (I normally fly from LHR to KBR and vice versa)... Not so much choice for me :(. If only more airlines fly to KLIA!

Edited by Nik Azim

I am not at all aware regarding the new table, where did you get it from? Is it easily accessible? You are right about the clause, but they should at least update the freaking page where you make bookings. The reason why to book online is to save time. If I have to spend 30 mins just to find the latest reference table, it beats the whole purpose.

Going to the court would be a little bit too much, but I will probably file a complaint to FOMCA regarding the lack of _easily available_ information when booking tickets through the website.

The table was sent to me though Enrich regular email correspondence. I 'right click-save as' it immediately as I know that this table is very important for reference. I think it is NOT easily accessible (not sure whether you can find it in the website or not), but hey, this is MH we are talking about LOL! Mana Ada Sistem?

I think the right channel should you wish to claim for some damages is the Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna, for dispute of less than RM 25,000.

You would probably want to consider this in the future - spending more transit time or heartache?

I recently bought a ticket (KBR - KUL - LHR) via MAS website, and opted for the MHbasic fare since it is upgradeable "for a fee" according to the website. Normally I wouldn't care much about upgrading, but since I will be bringing loads of things with me, I thought it was a good idea.

Looking at the postings, I beginning to wonder if the language on the booking engine confused you.

Which stage of the online booking were you referring to when you mentioned "[...]it is upgradeable "for a fee" according to the website"?

If it is what I think it is, this refers to the booking engine giving you the option to upgrade to the next booking class, M or B, by paying more (the "fee") on your original economy fare but you would have to choose this option before completing the transaction.

And only when you have paid to get the upgraded M or B booking class could you use yoru Enrich points to upgrade the class of service.

Well, put this to experience. I agree the booking T&Cs could have been more explicit, from the customer's point of view.

And like Azizul said, there are much better airlines out there. You can slowly wind down your use of MH and/or your Enrich points accumulation and take your business or the bulk of it elsewhere.

(You know what? MH consistent lack of attention on details, especially on customer experience, makes me think that their systems, website, information etc are only based on inputs from pax who only fly MH (enforced because of corporate policy?) or MH staff (who tend to fly only on MH because of staff discounts) - the "inbreeding" is bad as they end up not knowing how the more efficient airlines put in substantially more effort on the customer experience or information dissemination.)

Looking at the postings, I beginning to wonder if the language on the booking engine confused you.

Which stage of the online booking were you referring to when you mentioned "[...]it is upgradeable "for a fee" according to the website"?

If it is what I think it is, this refers to the booking engine giving you the option to upgrade to the next booking class, M or B, by paying more (the "fee") on your original economy fare but you would have to choose this option before completing the transaction.

And only when you have paid to get the upgraded M or B booking class could you use yoru Enrich points to upgrade the class of service.

I attached the actual screen shot of the actual booking website [1]. By clicking on the fare type (MHlow, MHbasic, etc), you will be directed to the reference table [2]. There is no mention of which ticket is upgradeable for free using Enrich points. All fares are upgradeable "for a fee", except for MHlow. The term "for a fee" is debatable, what does it mean in this context? Can one upgrade by paying cash, or using Enrich points? Even the most expensive fare is upgradeable, "for a fee"?

[Enrich Q&A] mentions that you can upgrade to next higher class of service once you bought a ticket. No mention of different ticket fare / class.

To be honest, I never had any problem with MAS before. This is my first time upgrading, and all this happens. Funny thing is, some people get upgraded for free, as for me, I can't even get upgraded even when I want to pay (although with Enrich points)!

If MAS screw this one up, I would definitely fly with other airlines next time.

post-5201-12633851569_thumb.png

post-5201-126338516929_thumb.png

post-5201-126338518826_thumb.png

Edited by Nik Azim

Sorry for being vague in my first post - yes, economy to business.

Can you please post me the link of the page you saw?

The page that I saw when making my purchase is this one: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en/includes/MHvalue_Fares/international.htm

From that link, try have a look at the options for "SELECT A COUNTRY". You may notice that the upgrade means from MHBasic-MHSmart-MHFlex, so i assume , the UPGRADE in international means the same thing?

If you want to use your miles, probably you will need to add $$ to upgrade to MHSmart, then use your miles.

Edited by Walter Sim

From that link, try have a look at the options for "SELECT A COUNTRY". You may notice that the upgrade means from MHBasic-MHSmart-MHFlex, so i assume , the UPGRADE in international means the same thing?

If you want to use your miles, probably you will need to add $$ to upgrade to MHSmart, then use your miles.

Hmm, where does it specifically say that the upgrade is for MHbasic to MHsmart, etc?

Hmm, where does it specifically say that the upgrade is for MHbasic to MHsmart, etc?

I'm just having a guess Nik Azim,

maszl.jpg

I changed the location, as you can see on top. And the upgrade there means, upgrade in terms of Fare Classes, so i made the assumption that the INTERNATIONAL page, UPGRADE means the same thing.

I changed the location, as you can see on top. And the upgrade there means, upgrade in terms of Fare Classes, so i made the assumption that the INTERNATIONAL page, UPGRADE means the same thing.

Bummer, didn't see that one. I guess you're right, I will ask the MAS' customer relations officer whether I pay to upgrade my ticket to MHsmart and use my Enrich points to further upgrade to business class. Last time when I spoke to the Enrich agent, he gave me a flat NO. No upgrade is possible at all.

Bummer, didn't see that one. I guess you're right, I will ask the MAS' customer relations officer whether I pay to upgrade my ticket to MHsmart and use my Enrich points to further upgrade to business class. Last time when I spoke to the Enrich agent, he gave me a flat NO. No upgrade is possible at all.

And before u pay to upgrade to MHSmart, ensure there's also upgrade availability in biz for u to use your Enrich points on.

Just received an email from MAS. They offered me some Enrich points for all the trouble I had. Can't be bothered anymore to get an upgrade by paying cash + Enrich points. Cheapskates like me only deserves Economy class!

And yes, I did mention to MAS to at least update their website to include the information regarding Enrich upgrade. Saw many people complaining in online forums regarding this issue as well.

Edited by Nik Azim

Don't mind me asking, how many points did they offer you? hehehe

Only 5000 points. I know that is quite worthless, but really can't be bothered with this 'drama' anymore. At least they are admitting fault, and offering something in return.

Hard to say, probably not unless if they have some good deals going on.. As for domestic connecting flight, do I have much choice? How hard is it to get from KLIA to LCCT with luggage etc?