MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
M. Sofian H.

FireFly News Update

KOMTAR, whilst a strategic location, is somewhat a seedy place today despite it being the building housing offices of many state agencies. It is a shame that not much appears to be done to refresh its ambiance and attract quality tenants for its shopping podium. Punk kids also like to loiter aimlessly there as well!

Air Asia has theirs at Lebuh Chulia. Not a very 'classy' location, but teeming with tourists and near Penang Road, where all the action is.

most of the thing is cheaper than AK. eg, the cap, AK sell Rm19. :rofl:

anyway, anyone will fly with firefly?

anyway, anyone will fly with firefly?

I will in October to Koh Samui. 50 sen Merdeka offer :yahoo:

How is Firefly doing? My dad who has flew with it several times to KBR, TGG and KUA told me that it is not even 50% full. Even in Penang, where it is currently based, virtually zero street marketing is done by them to promote the airline.

Can anyone of the PEN friends get me the men's T-shirt (size L) and the cap, please !!!

Will collect and pay in October, when transitting Malaysia (PEN if need be) on my way to Indonesia...

PLEASE !!! :pardon:

Terima kasih, Sofian, the orange suits a Dutch guy very well (if you know what I mean :p )...

Terima kasih, Sofian, the orange suits a Dutch guy very well (if you know what I mean :p )...

I know what do you mean,Uncle Pieter :lol:

Get Fashionable with Exclusive Firefly Merchandise

More bargains are coming your way when you fly with Firefly, Malaysia’s first community airline.

In addition to our exclusive flights from Penang to destinations such as Langkawi, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kota Bharu, Phuket and Koh Samui, passengers will now be able to purchase exclusive Firefly merchandise while on board.

Take home a souvenir for your family and friends - there is something for everyone at affordable prices!

Make a fashion statement with Firefly’s bright orange coloured T-shirts. Designed separately for men and women, you can complete the look with a matching Firefly cap. Also available are the four-in-one-colour pens bearing the Firefly corporate colours of orange and white. With our Firefly lanyard, and you can look ‘hip and cool’ by turning the pen into a fashion item and hanging it over your neck.

Other items to look out for include exclusive Firefly pewter keychains, luggage tags and notebooks.

“We want our flights to be a fun and memorable experience for our passengers and what better way than to take home these affordable mementoes,” said Eddy Leong, Managing Director of FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd.

“Firefly is all about ‘fun’ and ‘charm’ and we try to translate that in all that we say and do for our passengers, right down to our merchandise. We hope to share a little of us with our passengers,” shared Eddy.

Eddy hoped that their passengers will be proud and support local endeavours. By using and displaying the Firefly merchandises, they will in their own way, be promoting and supporting Malaysia’s first community airline.

The Firefly merchandise will be on sale on all Firefly flights effective August 13, 2007. Prices start from RM3.

For more information, log on to www.fireflyz.com.my

hehe, once heard on RT firefly to lgkw with POB 2. thought it was a training flight, turned out it was a scheduled flight with no passengers. lol!

When I purchased my ticket for FY's inaugural flight last April, the ticketing officer asked me if it was OK for me flying in an F50 or turboprops in general. He said there are some who are apprehensive in flying in such planes. Maybe that could explain not many takers of FY's services because most are accustomed to flying in jets.

I will try to asked my member in MAS Penang,

if he can help me to buy direct at airport.....

More bargains are coming your way when you fly with Firefly, Malaysia’s first community airline.

... passengers will now be able to purchase exclusive Firefly merchandise while on board.

Sofian,

So, I suppose it can only be purchased on board and not directly at the airport ? :huh:

Sofian,

So, I suppose it can only be purchased on board and not directly at the airport ?

Yes, of course it can only be purchased on board only, but i will try ask my friend. He work

as Firefly Security in Penang. Maybe he can help me. He will give the answer next week.

Heard from an MH contact that FY will start PEN-SZB-PEN soon, as in next month. This is something I most welcome for my regular trips to PEN.

Heard from an MH contact that FY will start PEN-SZB-PEN soon, as in next month. This is something I most welcome for my regular trips to PEN.

Wah!!!! Good News!!! This airport near from my hostel ... but is it possible??

Flyfirefly Holiday

On 31 July 2007, a wholly owned subsidiary, Firefly acquired 100% equity of Khidmat Stabil Sdn. Bhd. ("Khidmat

Stabil"), a shelf company consists of a total of two (2) ordinary shares for a purchase consideration of RM2. On 6

August 2007, Khidmat Stabil increased its shareholding to RM200,000 with the allotment of additional 199,998 ordinary

shares of RM1 each. On 14 August 2007, Khidmat Stabil name was changed to Flyfirefly Holiday Sdn.Bhd.

Yes, of course it can only be purchased on board only, but i will try ask my friend. He work

as Firefly Security in Penang. Maybe he can help me. He will give the answer next week.

Hope they do sell at their booth whenever they do a road show... then i can help to buy, for Gavin and Pieter n of course, for myself... :)

Wah!!!! Good News!!! This airport near from my hostel ... but is it possible??

OT: May i know where? ehehe...

Hope they do sell at their booth whenever they do a road show... then i can help to buy, for Gavin and Pieter n of course, for myself... :)

Thanks a lot, bro, you still remember my 'wishlist; ? :pardon:

Firefly cap and orange polo, please...

Oh ya peter, sorry my member can't help u... :sorry:

it can only be purchased on board.... :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Never mind, Sofian, thanks for trying anyhow :good:

One more good reason to plan another F50 trip next June, whether from PEN, SZB or BKI :pardon:

some question?

1.why MAS did not put FF links in MH main page?

2.I think FF should do code share with any budget airlines from Indonesia, therefore they can create new route from Pen like PEN-CGK, PEN-PDG or PEN-Surabaya. I suggest they do the cooperation with AdamAir or Lion Air. From my statistic, there are 600,000 indonesian people in Penang and Kedah

Have any comment?