MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jessnor Arif

Singapore Airlines and ex MAS 744s

MPE carried the real madrid team on their asian tour.

Really,Brendan? :blink: I didn't know about it.

9M-MPE is now in SQ's Star Alliance livery as i understand, however, what is her new registration no.?

It is expected -MPE will become 9V-SPR and -MPC will be -SPS

Thanks Liam for the info.

And YES, I just got my notification from SQ that I am cleared for the waitlist on this saturday SIN-AKL on 9V-SPR (ex 9M-MPE) doing SQ285 from SIN-AKL!!! According to the "comment" in their system that the aircraft is Malaysian Airlines' B744.

Will be posting some photos!!!

Who own MH772 then?

is MH own the bird?

I am not sure if MH own any of the 772. From what i remember, 10x or 12x 772 were sold off and then lease back (in 2000 if my memory serves me correctly). The 2x newest 772 are not PMB property as well. Both of them belong to a Kuwaiti company (if i'm not mistaken).

according to PMB portfolio webpage

PMB own 16 B744, 6 B772, 9 A333, 35 734, 10 F50, & 5 Twotter.

but I don't think this is current record..

...on 9V-SPR (ex 9M-MPE)

Thought 9M-MPE became 9V-SPS in Star-Alliance colours, right Kwek ??? :o

Nope, she is in Star Alliance colours but the new registration will become 9V-SPR

Thought 9M-MPE became 9V-SPS in Star-Alliance colours, right Kwek ??? :o

Just thought I should also state for the record that with the addition of -MPE into the SIA fleet, SIA would have the 999th and 1000th B747 built... Who's got 1001?? Any chance SIA may take that one too?

Alex.

Who's got 1001?? Any chance SIA may take that one too?

Thai Airways' HS-TGO is the 1001th 747 built. And no it won't have much chance in SQ fleet as it's GE powered.

I remember seeing a photo years ago on Flight International magazine, 9M-MPE 999th 744 and SQ's 1000th 744 was sitting at Everette or Paine Field in Seattle. What is the rego of the 1000th 744?? Anyway, it will be my 2nd or 3rd time on 9M-MPE (9V-SPR) ;)

The 1000th Jumbo is 9V-SMU

I remember seeing a photo years ago on Flight International magazine, 9M-MPE 999th 744 and SQ's 1000th 744 was sitting at Everette or Paine Field in Seattle. What is the rego of the 1000th 744?? Anyway, it will be my 2nd or 3rd time on 9M-MPE (9V-SPR) ;)

9M-MPE has been re-registered as 9V-SPR. Visual confirmation of new registration this afternoon.

Barring any last minute change, she will be operating SQ285/SQ286 this evening. Nocturnal flight for the locals here in Singapore but the folks in Auckland would have plenty of chances to shoot her in good light.

Thanks for the info Kwek. From what I know she will be taking me to Auckland on Saturday ;)

It is feeling a bit weird to see SIA crew operating inside MAS' interior! Looking forward to it anyway.

Passengers on this flight should be very happy especially in EY because it got more legroom than any SQ original 744 !

Passengers on this flight should be very happy especially in EY because it got more legroom than any SQ original 744 !

Not in C - the MH C seats have a steeper incline than the Spacebeds.

Can't comment about F.

But yes Y will definitely be an improvement.

Edited by Keith T

Ladies and gentleman, there you go

B747-400 Seat Map

SIA Y passengers gotta love this plane ! S V Choong for one :lol:

And P passengers gotta love the two extra large lavatories !

By the way, how many of ex-MH 744 are SQ getting ?

Edited by Isaac

Geez Isaac, just arrived into Auckland this afternoon, with SQ285. It was MAS' ex-744 9M-MPE, now reregistered as 9V-SPR.

When I did the online check-in on 29 June 2007, it was not loaded on the website....

They are getting 2x MH 744 and the other one being 9M-MPC (which will becoming 9V-SPS). I have spotted another Star Alliance livery 744 last night and I think it might be 9V-SPS. It was parked at gate F56 last night while our 9V-SPR was parked at Gate F54. I couldn't locate the exact registration as it was quite dark.

Okay, I took 9V-SPR to Auckland last night. Everything was pretty much MAS. Seat coverings is still MAS. The Business class and First class is MAS' latest refabricated seats. I was sitting at seat 31A and I noticed that SIA crew did not use the mood lighting at Business class, it was just constantly blue light or nolight at all when in sleeping mode!

I have spotted another Star Alliance livery 744 last night and I think it might be 9V-SPS. It was parked at gate F56 last night while our 9V-SPR was parked at Gate F54. I couldn't locate the exact registration as it was quite dark.

Will be posting the pics up soon. I didn't take picture of the whole a/c as it was reflective and dark at Changi airport. Upon arrival at Auckland, it was parked at Gate 10 and I couldn't see the full view of the a/c as the gate was in the way.

I have spotted another Star Alliance livery 744 last night and I think it might be 9V-SPS. It was parked at gate F56 last night while our 9V-SPR was parked at Gate F54. I couldn't locate the exact registration as it was quite dark.

Will be posting the pics up soon. I didn't take picture of the whole a/c as it was reflective and dark at Changi airport. Upon arrival at Auckland, it was parked at Gate 10 and I couldn't see the full view of the a/c as the gate was in the way.

I don't think it was 9V-SPS/ex. 9M-MPC as 9M-MPC's most recent flight logged was June 28th as MH017 (AMS-KUL). It was probably 9V-SPP.

Look forward to seeing your pics from the flight.

Edited by Richard A

Geez Isaac, just arrived into Auckland this afternoon, with SQ285. It was MAS' ex-744 9M-MPE, now reregistered as 9V-SPR.

When I did the online check-in on 29 June 2007, it was not loaded on the website....

:lol: Was KrisWorld available on your flight ? I mean the full AVOD KrisWorld like the one found on SQ original 744. Or it still got the KrisWorld sign but resembled more of MAS AVOD Select Entertainment ?

That was the original SQ Star Alliance Jumbo - 9V-SPP