MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jessnor Arif

Singapore Airlines and ex MAS 744s

laugh.gif Was KrisWorld available on your flight ? I mean the full AVOD KrisWorld like the one found on SQ original 744. Or it still got the KrisWorld sign but resembled more of MAS AVOD Select Entertainment ?

Yes KrisWorld SIA was available inside 9V-SPR (ex.9M-MPE). Compared to the IFE SQ's 747-412, MAS' IFE is more responsive than SIA's. As SIA's will take up some seconds to respond to your command. The IFE onboard 9V-SPR is indeed AVOD just as per MAS' upgrade. The F/A have to shut down the IFE for 20 mins as it was stalled. I think they may still have minor teething problems.

Thanks for the info. Richard. Hey you should have come snapping the pics of 9V-SPR yesterday ;) But I guess bad weather and rain does not help to produce a mint picture of the bird. It was fun yesterday during landing. Landing was ultra smooth into AKL (which is pretty rare), with water on the runway during rain, you can the thrust reverser working and how it applies the pressure normally not seen by naked eyes.

Anyhoo, here are the cabin pics of 9V-SPR (ex 9M-MPE). Pretty much stock MAS interior and SIA flight attendants. Flight was nearly full, if not completely. As I mentioned earlier, the entertainment is KrisWorld and it is AVOD. Y seats have two inch more incline than SQ's Y.

SQ285 Singapore to Auckland 30 June 07 22:55hrs - 1 July 07 12:15hrs

J-DSC00209.jpg

J-DSC00211.jpg

J-DSC00212.jpg

With the blue and purple seats at the rear section, at least this area looks a bit more SQ than the front.

J-DSC00213.jpg

I believe this area is the Waitakere range, love the native bush.

J-DSC00214.jpg

Gate 9 and 10 (especially 10) sucks.... it is really bad for any photos.

Edited by S V Choong

Man, this is SO weird. I never thought I would see Singapore girls roaming the aisles of an MH plane. Its like some kind of SQ takeover or how MSA would be like. Haha. Malaysian metal and Singapore Girls!

Were there any trace of Bahasa Malaysia on the plane? i.e. on the tray table, and on the lavatory signages?

Man, this is SO weird. I never thought I would see Singapore girls roaming the aisles of an MH plane. Its like some kind of SQ takeover or how MSA would be like. Haha. Malaysian metal and Singapore Girls!

Or it could be the Singapore Girls walked into the WRONG PLANES :lol:

Were there any trace of Bahasa Malaysia on the plane? i.e. on the tray table, and on the lavatory signages?

Virtually all signages (including the toilets) are all written in English and Malay.

Fuah look at all the SQ ah mois. They seem so happy. Actually they are not. 300 cabin crew were selected recently to operate solely on this a/c type. Solely yah. Yes, just operate on this a/c that SQ got from MH. And their monthly roster will read AKL for all the night stops that they ever have. The rest of the month is some short turn arounds and also at least one LHR every two months.

So much for being a cabin crew and wanting to see the world. The only part of the world they see is AKL and SIN. Hehehe....

On the operation side of the aircraft, SQ with their 412's are the only ones in the world to operate without the Engine Autostart function option. Now with the ex MH aircraft around, to acheive commonality with the rest of the remaining fleet, the Autostart function has been deactivated.

So much for being a cabin crew and wanting to see the world. The only part of the world they see is AKL and SIN. Hehehe....

On the operation side of the aircraft, SQ with their 412's are the only ones in the world to operate without the Engine Autostart function option. Now with the ex MH aircraft around, to acheive commonality with the rest of the remaining fleet, the Autostart function has been deactivated.

Any reason why ?

Fuah look at all the SQ ah mois. They seem so happy. Actually they are not. 300 cabin crew were selected recently to operate solely on this a/c type. Solely yah. Yes, just operate on this a/c that SQ got from MH. And their monthly roster will read AKL for all the night stops that they ever have. The rest of the month is some short turn arounds and also at least one LHR every two months.

Thats a lot of people rostering for 2 planes! Put me in their shoes, I will find it boring to go to AKL all the time. Good news is that it is only for 10 months. Wonder if the 77W will join the SIN-AKL route after these leased in 744? Anyhoo, I will be on these leased 744 again before long.

I wonder if they have different set of pilots especially for these 747-4H6s as well?