MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hardeep P.

AIRLINES IN KLIA

Did any US airlines go to KUL in the past? :help:

NW comes to mind - I think someone mentioned this in an earlier post.

Not at all, Seth. They are actually pretty cheap compared to most Asian carriers, especially those around us (MH & SQ). They are also usually the cheapest on intra-asia flights (such as SIN/NRT). I wouldn't mind travelling in NW 332 (since all of their 330 got AVOD) all the way to SFO one day :p

Wow!!! Really...............May be American fly Asian carriers or Asian fly American carriers are cheaper than flying their nation's airline, so much for price discrimination! :pardon:

They could offer fares to KUL even if they don't actually fly there. So long as they fly to somewhere nearby like HKG, they could offer an interlined/codeshared fare onward to KUL.

I guess that's not true, because tried to get KUL flight thru Continental but the system doesn't recognize KUL at all! They give option to/from SIN or BKK even CGK!!! Booked thru Continental to KUL but they only give us until TPE the rest is on our own. I guess may be there's no Skyteam members flying HKG-KUL or NRT-KUL.

I guess that's not true, because tried to get KUL flight thru Continental but the system doesn't recognize KUL at all! They give option to/from SIN or BKK even CGK!!! Booked thru Continental to KUL but they only give us until TPE the rest is on our own. I guess may be there's no Skyteam members flying HKG-KUL or NRT-KUL.

Did you try calling them up?

CO seems to have a ticketing presence in Malaysia - their contact number in KUL (from continental.com):

+603 21424751

BA and QF wouldn't let me book KUL on their websites either. I called up with the fare basis and the flights I wanted. And between SIN/KUL, even though JL is the only oneworld member - I was able to use SQ and MH. Got it all booked, paid for and ticketed in less than 20 mins. A rather stress-free activity. :)

Edited by Keith T

Did you try calling them up?

BA and QF wouldn't let me book KUL on their websites either. I called up with the fare basis and the flights I wanted. And between SIN/KUL, even though JL is the only oneworld member - I was able to use SQ and MH. Got it all booked, paid for and ticketed in less than 20 mins. A rather stress-free activity. :)

I can't call them cuz I'm not actually incharge of buying the ticket, still high school, but I influence my dad :pardon: Actually, all flights we booked goes thru company which is via internet system. The ExxonMobil have mass agreement with airlines that the agent just need to punch in the destinations and get the best flight option. You know what suck, they always pick the shortest flight instead of the long-many transit flights that I enjoy :angry2:

Actually, all flights we booked goes thru company which is via internet system.

A corporate travel agent would be able to put together the flights in a jiffy. :)

But they might not allow you to book it if the fare is way above the company's contracted fares with other carriers.

Does KLM B744 fly daily to KLIA and does it fly to Jakarta or Manila after wards? So is it safe to say that KLIA is KLM Asian hub?

KLM used to fly AMS-KUL-MNL till 01nov2004, when it was changed to AMS-KUL-CGK...

AMS-KUL and AMS-SIN are now served nonstop by 777 aircraft :pardon:

You might say, KUL is KLM's Asian hub, especially when you consider the code-share flights with MH to Australia and New-Zealand :good:

Now, if MH would join ST, it would even become more of an Asian hub, also for other ST-members ;)

I guess may be there's no Skyteam members flying HKG-KUL or NRT-KUL.

Does CO operate into SEL ?

ST member KE does operate into KUL and PEN from ICN :pardon:

AMS-KUL ................ are now served nonstop by 777 aircraft :pardon:

Really?

Now, if MH would join ST, it would even become more of an Asian hub, also for other ST-members ;)

And hopefully NWA will then resume their KUL services :)

good news for KUL!!

"KUL has now been upgraded to A310 and 743 with new routing Karachi-Kuala Lumpur."-A.NET

Really?

Typo error by Pieter perhaps :pardon: :nea: ... It should have perhaps be AMS-MNL :huh:

Sorry, captain, I meant to say, indeed, AMS-MNL and AMS-SIN served non-stop by 772 :sorry:

Wait for the 773's to be delivered: sooner or later, they'll operate into KUL (as a 744 replacement) :pardon:

Sorry, captain, I meant to say, indeed, AMS-MNL and AMS-SIN served non-stop by 772 :sorry:

Wait for the 773's to be delivered: sooner or later, they'll operate into KUL (as a 744 replacement) :pardon:

Thanks Pieter for the information regarding KLM.

I would like to ask, if KLM considers KLIA or KL their ASIAN Hub why bother with AMST-SINGAPORE or AMS-MNL direct when you can fly daily or twice daily into KLIA and continue onwards to Manila or Singapore like what they are doing now witj AMS-KUL-CGK?

I am aware that KLM flies to Bangkok too but it would not be fair to fly to KL first before Bangkok?

Will KLM ever order the B747-8 I? I was hoping so coz they have been long customers for Boeing and they have not ordered the A380?

Really looking forward to the 773 and will the 744 be replaced?

Regards

H

are all the KLM flights to KUL now operated by 744 ? Or still a mixed of 744 & 74M service ?

I would like to ask, if KLM considers KLIA or KL their ASIAN Hub why bother with AMST-SINGAPORE or AMS-MNL direct when you can fly daily or twice daily into KLIA and continue onwards to Manila or Singapore like what they are doing now witj AMS-KUL-CGK?

I believe KLM is also the only carrier that fly non-stop between Europe and MNL. So it's like monopoly also. Loads are great for the MNL flight. So why would KLM consider re-routing it via KUL ?

As for the SIN flight, it's probably due to cargo ? From what i heard is the KLM 772 have too many seats for their SIN flight. Capacity-wise the KLM 332 is probably more suitable for their SIN flight but the 332 doesn't have the range to make it nonstop to SIN.

I am aware that KLM flies to Bangkok too but it would not be fair to fly to KL first before Bangkok?

The AMS/BKK sector is a monopoly for KLM at the moment (don't count on all other EU mega carriers which offer the one-stop service via their hubs). BKK is also is very big market. It can survive with their own flight. Besides, BKK is nearer to Europe, why would KLM fly to KUL first then to BKK ? Doing so the operating cost will up. Yield will also suffer.

Really looking forward to the 773 and will the 744 be replaced?

Yes. With 77W.

Edited by Isaac

I suppose whether or not KLM considers KUL as a hub is not really relevant here. If KLM thought that nonstop services to SIN & MNL make business sense, then that's all there is to it. UA maintains a hub in NRT whereby the majority of flights to the Far East used to be operated via NRT but over the years this have been replaced by more nonstops from US mainland, bypassing their Asian hub because the nonstop demand is definitely there (and for competitive reasons).

Edited by Keno Omar

Hi Leo,The pic u have, is from which airport?RgdsH
Looks like Kota Kinabalu International Airport.
United should fly to KUL, their 744 sitting at HKG tarmac for 8++ hours up to 16 hours I think. They only need 8 hours to complete HKG-KUL-HKG route, thou we realize US airlines are really expensive to fly with. Anyone know if Air Sahara will come to KUL? More early morning Indian rush?
I think United flies to SIN from HKG everyday and the fare is relatively cheap compare to even MH or SQ. Not sure how they would fit in if they fly KUL as well.
United should fly to KUL, their 744 sitting at HKG tarmac for 8++ hours up to 16 hours I think. They only need 8 hours to complete HKG-KUL-HKG route, thou we realize US airlines are really expensive to fly with. Anyone know if Air Sahara will come to KUL? More early morning Indian rush?
I think United flies to SIN from HKG everyday and the fare is relatively cheap compare to even MH or SQ. Not sure how they would fit in if they fly KUL as well. Check out United Airlines website and you might just find some bargain.

Compared with BKK and SIN, KUL market is small.

If not KL is code sharing with MH to downunder, KL is likely to re-route AMS-SIN-KUL-SIN-AMS. However, KL is doing well with underbelly cargo ex-KUL.

:drinks:

If not KL is code sharing with MH to downunder, KL is likely to re-route AMS-SIN-KUL-SIN-AMS. However, KL is doing well with underbelly cargo ex-KUL.

:drinks:

You are forgetting that KL flys onwards to CGK from KUL.

I think United flies to SIN from HKG everyday and the fare is relatively cheap compare to even MH or SQ. Not sure how they would fit in if they fly KUL as well. Check out United Airlines website and you might just find some bargain.

Yes, they do. They also have a daily non-stop flight to NRT from SIN. Both flights from SIN to HKG & NRT are daily. The HKG sector is operated by 744 while the NRT is 772. NWA also has daily non-stop flight between SIN/NRT, operated using 332.

NWA station some of their aircraft at NRT for Asian operation.

Yupp. Among them are 752, 742, 744, 332 & recently 333.

Yupp. Among them are 752, 742, 744, 332 & recently 333.

I thought they only station 757 at NRT for China + Korea routes, they utilize the 747 to/from US/NRT only, while the 330 flights to Asia(eg. SIN, BKK, ICN) are just continuation flights from US via NRT.

Edited by Seth K

[[[LATEST UPDATES]]]

As of December 2007, here is the list of airlines (excluding cargo airlines) flying into/from KLIA (including LCCT) :

Air-India Express

Air Mauritius

Air China

Air Asia

Air Asia X

Biman Bangladesh Airlines

Cathay Pacific

Cebu Pacific

China Airlines

China Southern Airlines

China Eastern Airlines

Egypt Air

Emirates

Etihad Airways

Eva Air

Garuda Indonesia

GMG Airlines

Gulf Air

Hainan Airlines

Hong Kong Express Airways

Indian Airlines

Indonesia Air Asia

Iran Air

Japan Airlines

Jet Airways

Jetstar Airways

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Korean Air

Kuwait Airways

Lion Air

Lufthansa

Malaysia Airlines

Merpati Nusantara Airlines

Myanmar Airways International

Nepal Airlines

Qatar Airways

Royal Brunei Airlines

Saudi Arabian Airlines

Shenzhen Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Sri Lankan Airlines

Thai Airways International

Thai Air Asia

Transaero

Tri-MG Intra Asia Airlines

Uzbekistan Airways

Vietnam Airlines

Xiamen Airlines

Yemenia

[Future Users]

Air Korea - (Starting operations in May 2008)

Bangkok Airways - (Planning for Koh Samui-KUL route)

British Airways - (Finalising plans to reinstate flights from LHR-KUL)

Jetstar Asia Airways - (Flies to KUL once a day starting from February 2008)

Kingfisher Airlines - (Launching flights into KLIA between late December - mid January)

Mandala Airlines - (Flying to KUL and SIN as part of its expansion plan)

Oman Air - (Flights to KUL from Oman as part of its long-haul expansion plan)

Pacific Airlines - (no remarks)

Royal Jordanian - (Flying to KUL as part of its plan to expand SEA routes for 2008)

Royal Khmer Airlines - (Restarting KUL-PNH flights after stopping all its operations previously)

Tiger Airways - (Flies to KUL once a day starting from February 2008)

Sriwijaya Air - (Introducing flights from Medan, Surabaya and Makassar)

Edited by Wilson Kook

Sign in to follow this