MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

The Full Service Air Asia

Have any of you travelled with AK when they were still a full-service carrier ?

I wonder if any of you have their EY menu card ?

AK WAS such a great airline.

Issac,

Flew on 9M-AAA between BKI-KUL and v.v. Spring 1999; Can only remember a flight-safety card in the seat-pocket and no menu mellow.gif

What I DO remember is that their meals on both stretches were quite sedap rolleyes.gif

Issac,

Flew on 9M-AAA between BKI-KUL and v.v. Spring 1999; Can only remember a flight-safety card in the seat-pocket and no menu  mellow.gif

What I DO remember is that their meals on both stretches were quite sedap  rolleyes.gif

8298[/snapback]

I believe it was SZB-BKI since AK doesn't operate into KUL until 2002(?).

Yes, I've flown with the old AK but unlike Pieter, wasn't bothered to remember the regn of the craft (I know, I know, there were only two of them then !)

Nothing much to choose between old AK and MH then. We managed to salvage one can of Carlsberg (as opposed to none on MH's pure domestic flights) which I had to share with my kaki minum on board.

They were not more expensive than MH I believe, maybe even just slightly cheaper. But the limited flights available meant it was not very convenient if travelling on business/work, especially with a boss who has an ever changing itinerary (I sometimes wonder what is the point of scheduling things if you don't intend to keep to the plan !)

Captain,

you're RIGHT: flights were in- and out-of Subang, NOT KLIA huh.gif sorry

Technically, Pieter is correct too.  Before KUL as we know it today, SZB was KUL !!

No. It's 1999. KLIA opened in 1998, therefore it should be SZB.

No. It's 1999. KLIA opened in 1998, therefore it should be SZB.

8323[/snapback]

Yes, point taken !

Very refreshing to find someone still mentally sharp so close to midnight !

I flew the old AK from KCH-SZB back in 2002. Service was quite good in my opinion smile.gif, except for the 10 hour delay on the return flight mad.gif

I flew the old AK from KCH-SZB back in 2002.

But wasn't AK taken over by TuneAir in 2001 and since then AK becomes a LCC?

Or did TuneAir run AK as full service carrier before the transformation of AK as LCC?

Actually I first flew them to SZB on 27th Dec 2001 and back to KCH in 2nd Jan 2002. I remember AK only started their low-cost operations sometime mid-January 2002

I've flown with them only ONCE and it was on their 747 (they used 747 for the night flight as the morning flight was cancelled) about a month before it was taken over by Tony Fernandes. There were no steward on that flight, all were stewardesses & there was one 'western' stewardess on that flight & she was in changed for all the English announcement. Food was lousy & those stewardesses aren't attractive (most of them are too fat), however, they are very friendly. They were serving a dinner box on that flight (2 sandwiches, a cake & orange juice).

I think the full-service AirAsia was quite expensive.

8288[/snapback]

Air Asia was cheaper than MAS.

Air Asia (round-trip) RM555 + RM2

Malaysia Airlines (round-trip) RM699 + RM2

Isaac and Singkarno, are you guys related?  Or is it the same person? tongue.gif

8648[/snapback]

No, we are not the same person. He is my long lost twins tongue.gif

No, we are not the same person. He is my long lost twins  tongue.gif

8755[/snapback]

LOL...

Seriously Isaac...whats ur relationship with Mr. Singkarno?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

LOL...

Seriously Isaac...whats ur relationship with Mr. Singkarno?

He is really my long lost twins, Imran. LOL. Nah, ain't related to Mr. Singkarno. But i thought SV Choong know him ?

By the way, above are the Air Asia Economy Class Menus. The original AK did served bun with butter while MH stopped serving rolls on KUL/BKI sector between 1997-2001. The rolls are now back on MAS pure BKI flights, so as the appetizers cool.gif

There are 4 Air Asia menus, might take some time to load. Enjoy !

Edited by Isaac

Sign in to follow this