MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Wood

9M-MRD Sightings

Gidday All.

Can't wait to see and photograph 9M-MRD when she visits Perth Airport (WA).

Is there anyone on the forum that might know her forward movements.

Perhaps if you see this wonderful coloured jet to post it here.

Regards,

Greg Wood

TK, how about 11 of November 2005 from Melbourne to KLIA? Will it be MRD?! I hope it will..also melbourne..i think mas already planeed which a/c to use..right? thanks

FRA the weekend

7477[/snapback]

Could it be MH 5 back to KUL and onwards to KCH, and back to KUL as MH 2507 next Monday or Tuesday? Those in KCH, this could be your chance!!

May be TK is flying 9M-MRD, thats why he knows.

Poor TK, looks like you will have many questions from many curious minds (incl. myself) from now on!! laugh.gif

smile.gif MEL this Thursday 15th Sept..

FRA the weekend

7477[/snapback]

Based on MH flight schedule, MH 005 departs FRA on Sunday and arrive in KCH on Monday at 10.05 a.m, will this be MRD?

Guys,

do NOT forget, that due to operational reasons, the planned aircraft CAN change at short notice to another flight !!!

Guess, you've to just wait and see, and be patient biggrin.gif

Haha, Pieter, rarely do I see you getting frustrated. I can see your post on the other site regarding 9M-MRD tongue.gif

Guess we will have to be patient and wait for our turn. But it's just that it is nice to receive the insider's info, as S Chang and I do not live close to the airport. smile.gif

S V,

same with me: in fact, to see the 9M-MRD, I even have to go all the way to FRA (about 5-6 hours by car) biggrin.gif

Have been spotting since 1968 and have missed a lot, maybe that's why I've this attitude laugh.gif

Pieter, we all missed a lot more than we get. Me, still fuming for missing the announcement here on the test flight, simply because I didn't read the forum straight away but watch TV when I come back from flight. Grrrr...... But don't worry, be happy, someday we all will catch something...

We pilots at MAS normally wouldn't know which aircraft we will be taking until we report to ODC. But MRD will be everywhere MH 777 goes.

But don't worry, be happy, someday we all will catch something...

Exactly, Radzi, some spotters overhere at Schiphol really get annoyed when they miss "something" at Schiphol between 2am-3am, for instance; I'll just say: bad luck, you cann't have it all - some people have a family too, to attend to (for instance), like me biggrin.gif

MRD suppose to go to east, it ends up in Vienna.

Guys, Aircraft rotation can change anytime. blink.gif

Tomorrow MRD will go to Kota Bharu... biggrin.gif ....

Im afraid what i told you about FRA this weekend, it might not turn up.

Remember guys, i would say im sorry now if i give you all a wrong info.

I tried to get the real schedule too...But you know...things change.

Once i get any extra info in future, i will share as i did on the test flight.

As for now...i pray it will go to all the places you guys want it to be. biggrin.gif

Have fun spotting...thats the catch.

may be tomorrow morning, it will do a rare kul-tgg-kul run.....

haha....

based on what i have seen, the japs formula works. they come to KUL, stayed at concorde inn, rent a waja and wait at weather centre for 3 days. for sure they get bravo, delta and another delta. their witholding power is power man!!

may be tomorrow morning, it will do a rare kul-tgg-kul run.....

haha....

based on what i have seen, the japs formula works. they come to KUL, stayed at concorde inn, rent a waja and wait at weather centre for 3 days. for sure they get bravo, delta and another delta. their witholding power is power man!!

7683[/snapback]

Their wallet size oso very POWER! biggrin.gif Now guess we'll be seeing Susumu, Marcy and Mr. Yoshino back in KUL for some MRD Spotting!

Pieter,

If you drive 5-6 hours from AMS, you'll at least get to the birds at FRA. Imagine if you drive the same from BKI, you'll end up at SDK - less birds, more apes !

Alternative would be ending up at BWN if you drive >5-6 hours; anyone has had any experience spotting there ?

It's been confirmed, I wasn't dreaming and wasn't fooled by my eyes, what flew past my room this morning at 6.05 am was indeed 9M-MRD.

A thread has been created at Jetspotter.com at the Adelaide forum.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to catch her though.

Alternative would be ending up at BWN if you drive >5-6 hours; anyone has had any experience spotting there ?

7707[/snapback]

never spotted there,but been there enough times during my stay in Brunei.

All i can say is BWN (airport) pretty dull place to be.Cant really see much from the viewing gallery + aircraft movement...

maybe things have changed now?

well,safe to say that MRD might/will come to KCH eventually.

However early warning would help. tongue.gif

Edited by Nick R.

Pieter,

If you drive 5-6 hours from AMS, you'll at least get to the birds at FRA.  Imagine if you drive the same from BKI, you'll end up at SDK - less birds, more apes !

7707[/snapback]

Bing,

and not to forget: you can make spotting-stops at Dusseldorf and Cologne en-route biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this