MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

AirAsia Cadet Pilot

Good luck to you all, would love to see more pilots here! Just be cool out there, blend in..........all the best!!!

try high heel boots

hahahaa :D that would be cool but unfortunately they always ask you to remove your shoes before they measure your height against a wall. :D

Good luck to all applicants!

my motto is Keep 'em Flying....

but can always change to keep trying......yes girl, keep trying

i'll just give it a try altho' i know im not qualified.

by the way, do u notice pilots and lawyers share the same trolley bag? :rofl:

cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my amb is to be a pilot!

iam 16 going to 17 now..studying in secondary now last year (FORM5)

this great news is closing soon!!!!!y dont wanna wait for me la....

others job is open but this job has a exp.date...cry!!

i hope this pops up again when iam 18yrs old lol!!

cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my amb is to be a pilot!

iam 16 going to 17 now..studying in secondary now last year (FORM5)

this great news is closing soon!!!!!y dont wanna wait for me la....

others job is open but this job has a exp.date...cry!!

i hope this pops up again when iam 18yrs old lol!!

Bro wanna see my collection of cadet pilot adverts since 1999 ar?..hehe..

everybody has to wait...chill..your time will come..

Yo bros,

Little opinions i need here. Well since the chance for this round is like extremely slim, i was thinking for a better way to become a pilot.. Slowly but almost surely. Few months back, AirAsia posted a position of Guest Service Assistant to be based in Penang. I actually applied for that & i was called for an interview 2 weeks ago. I told the lady (think her name is Audrey) what my real plans are, very frankly! Said that is gonna be my stepping stone & i don't intend to stay for long. Mentioned that i'm planning to "USE" this job to slowly get to know the inside of AirAsia so that would be easier if i wish to apply in future. She said that's what she dowan cos after i leave, she need to look for new ppl to cover & all. Last week, her boss (think the name is Kennard) ask me for a 2nd interview. I was shocked as by logic is that i've been rejected at the 1st interview. Funny i was among the few shortlisted! I went for the interview & he told me he actually don't mind using this job as my stepping stone. Instead he gave me the pathway saying if i join, i can slowly learn about the things in AirAsia, get to know the interviewers, can ask whatever i like, have access to their intranet & all!! He even said he liked me but the problem was this. He need some1 immediately while I have to submit 2 months notice for my current job if i were to leave. Came back & think bout it, think it's better i grab the offer & don't think it matters if i just walk out of my current job with a 24 hours notice. Tried to call him since Friday, but couldn't get him at all. Just hope this is the right decision & he is still willing to take me in. Advice anyone? Really need it now as i'm having a hard time deciding.. 10s.

BTW, does any1 here knows how i could contact these ppl? Been trying the office phone but no1 seems to pick up...

Tks,

Victor. :help:

Btw, for those applying this round, be prepared for this question:

What do you know about AirAsia?

Got this question last week & it had me pondering..

Victor.. :pardon:

Victor,

What does a Guest Service Assistant actually do ?

Hope you were successful to contact them in the meantime...

Victor,

What does a Guest Service Assistant actually do ?

Hope you were successful to contact them in the meantime...

They didn't gave me a clear picture of the job, just said that i'm qualified.. But i think it includes selleng tickets, assisting customers (or Guests in AirAsia's term) to questions, etc etc... No, still haven't managed to get him, only managed to leave a message for him.. All i can do is wait..

Victor..

Btw, for those applying this round, be prepared for this question:

What do you know about AirAsia?

For those that want to answer this question at an interview in the future, do make sure you read the company website. Know their strategies to be the largest LCC carrier with at least 10%ROE with their pillars of strength etc etc etc.. read the website before you attend the interview.

Good Luck Victor, hope you are successful!

Just received an email from AK. My application was unsuccessful <_ good luck for others who applied src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)">

haven't received any emails yet, hoping for one to come in speedy..eager too!!

do pls update us ramani :) :clapping:

No email yet for me also..

Haven't received any news yet.. Let's keep each other updated.. Don worry Delwin A.. Try again!! But really eager to be called up.. Any chances they will contact thru phone? Cos i'm not allowed to switch on my handset in factory.. Do keep me updated k? 10s! Good Luck guys!

Hey guys,

Remember earlier in this topic, i told you guys that i've applied for the Guest Service Assistant for AK? Guess what, i've been called up again to go accept my contract & offer letter tomorrow morning! Scheduled to start work on 20th Feb! So excited, hope everything goes smooth.. Trying this job to increase my chances to become pilot 1 day.. Get the cables & connections.. Hahahaha!! Just thought of sharing with you guys as i'm so excited..

Regards,

Victor Goh.. :yahoo:

Congrats, Victor, :drinks:

Keep us posted here how the job goes and what it really involves ;)

Hey guys,

Remember earlier in this topic, i told you guys that i've applied for the Guest Service Assistant for AK? Guess what, i've been called up again to go accept my contract & offer letter tomorrow morning! Scheduled to start work on 20th Feb! So excited, hope everything goes smooth.. Trying this job to increase my chances to become pilot 1 day.. Get the cables & connections.. Hahahaha!! Just thought of sharing with you guys as i'm so excited..

Regards,

Victor Goh.. :yahoo:

Wow,AK GSA? Congratulations,Victor. I'm always eyeing for a career in aviation industry,as the ground frontliner or Ground Crew :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you,Victor! :drinks:

brennan, just curious, have you received any replies for the coming test on saturday? a few of my friends have received their emails asking them to attend the test this saturday.

i'm yet to receive anything, no confirmation nor failure.

keeps me wondering all day long..