MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

AirAsia Cadet Pilot

hehe..i receive it today...RM180000 loan have to pay to airasia and During training all other expenses like accommodation, transport, food and other incidentals will be borne by the candidates and a small monthly allowance will be provided by Air Asia.

but wandering how come the training cost so much??..any advise on the price of the training?

brennan, just curious, have you received any replies for the coming test on saturday? a few of my friends have received their emails asking them to attend the test this saturday.

i'm yet to receive anything, no confirmation nor failure.

keeps me wondering all day long..

No la macha..no email.. <_>

maybe they are still yet to send out another batch of emails..

keep praying..

hehe..i receive it today...RM180000 loan have to pay to airasia and During training all other expenses like accommodation, transport, food and other incidentals will be borne by the candidates and a small monthly allowance will be provided by Air Asia.

but wandering how come the training cost so much??..any advise on the price of the training?

well from what ive paid ..its even more in australia..

anway..main concern is the safety, jet fuel and the mantainence. :) an hour on a c172 cost around RM300++ and i reckon double for twin..so the faster u learn to handle the aircraft, the lesser u hv to pay :) aviation cost money :( period...

Hey zealich, U r so lucky.. Anyway, fingers crossed. Wondering if they would really choose only ten candidates for the programme this time. Any inputs any1? One day check email 3-4 times. hahaha!! :lol:

lucky u say...from the email i receive it is like forward to 100ppl...just like go betting in genting highland...i buy the 1:100 one...somemore im worry about the accommodation and food and my car loan if i get...who will pay for that if airasia give the allowance of RM200 per month...if SQ things will be much much better...they provide eat and accom...

lucky u say...from the email i receive it is like forward to 100ppl...just like go betting in genting highland...i buy the 1:100 one...somemore im worry about the accommodation and food and my car loan if i get...who will pay for that if airasia give the allowance of RM200 per month...if SQ things will be much much better...they provide eat and accom...

Don't worry so much. At least u r sure of a chance to place a bet.. Some of us wanna get the chance oso keont ah!! I think they will pay ard RM400 kua.. Kenot be RM200 la.. SQ if too far of a vision.. hahaha!!!

ah well, indeed it's the first batch going in for the written test this saturday.

from the letter sent to the 100++, they stated there clearly that it's the first batch.

probably we're still being kept on the waiting list..

fret not =)

and probably another disaster, second batch have been called scheduled to attend the test on sunday.

roughly about 100 of them per session? keeps me wondering if my application reached them or not..haha

and probably another disaster, second batch have been called scheduled to attend the test on sunday.

roughly about 100 of them per session? keeps me wondering if my application reached them or not..haha

:(

hope they screen more applications..and hopefully ours will be in..

Edited by Brennan Raj

Now i'm starting to wonder too. Are we in the lost mail group? haha!! Think they would probably call us up next week to go for the test. They just have too many & i guess they need to have it group by group, choosing the rose among thorns.. Future pilots, hold your horses, stay confident.. They won't leave us out.. Now, feel better? Don't worry guys, even we don't make it this time, I'll keep u guys updated cos i'll be joining AK anyhow on 20th this month.. Keep your cool & let the man strut his stuffs ya!! hahaha!!

Aspiring pilot,

Victor.. :drinks:

Wanna post a shoutout to those attending the test this weekend:

Good Luck to you guys & hopefully you guys can share with MW members once completed. Some might be called up later. Hopefully the top 10 spots will be from MW members. Have created success in MH intake, will do so again in AK's intake! GO MW! GO GO GO!!!

Victor. :drinks:

after taking into consideration a lot of things, i decided not to apply for the cadet pilot. i've 'wasted' 5 years studying law and right now in my final semester, my parents will be damn mad if i end up being a pilot. not that they dont like the profession, but... well since im a girl... :sorry:

and for heaven sake, i will be a good lawyer in order to gain money and when i have enough,

i'll apply for PPL! :yahoo:

hey guys,

Congrats and all the best to all who got call up for the test this saturday and sunday!!!! For those who haven't gotten the e-mail...don't give up!

yup ..hopefully

to those going for the exam.. may the force be with you..

:clapping: :clapping:

but... well since im a girl... :sorry:

and for heaven sake, i will be a good lawyer in order to gain money and when i have enough,

i'll apply for PPL! :yahoo:

Good for you :good:

At least, you can still fly around enjoying yourself, whether on a Cessna, glider or ULV, and being an excellent and renowned lawyer can make (even) more money than a pilot ;)

Good for you :good:

At least, you can still fly around enjoying yourself, whether on a Cessna, glider or ULV, and being an excellent and renowned lawyer can make (even) more money than a pilot ;)

thanks for the support pieter! :D

i did a couple of flights in subang airport few months back. it was amazing!! the pilot wanted to take me around KL but due to intolerable dizziness (huwekkkkkkkkkkkk) i refused. hehehe. and he said "u should adapt yourself with this" and he made another acrobatic thingy that made me casted a spell. that pilot is a nice man actually :lol:

talking about glider, i am already into it. in a way it has more fun since u can hear and smell the air.

true lawyer can make a lot of $$$ but we have to have the skills. in order to gain that skills, practising for even 20 years doesnt sound enough. well i just want $$$...

so any idea how many batches they will be having?do you all think first test for all batches will be done before New Year?

Not sure la bro. But i do hope so.. My friend (pilot from AK) called me up, not evven knowing that they are gonna be grouped into a few baches.. Guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed.

To those who went for the written test, update pls!! hahaha!! Eager..

The visual acuity of at least 6/60 is measured for both eye or 1 side only??i'm the newbie n not really know about it...hope u all willing to help me...thk

Edited by Jack_Fong

Not sure la bro. But i do hope so.. My friend (pilot from AK) called me up, not evven knowing that they are gonna be grouped into a few baches.. Guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed.

haha,yeah,it is right..

Wah, after reading back, just realised that i got so many typo.. hahaha.. Supposed to be "even" not "evven" & supposed to be "batches" not baches" hahaha!!! sorry bout that..

Jack,

Welcome to MW. Well bout the visual acuity, i guess it's 6/60 for each side. Nowadays the system accepts most people with correctable vision. Unlike those days when people would say, "Wear glasses cannot become pilot". Even nowadays, my aunties & uncles would say, "don't dream of becoming pilot la, you are wearing glasses". My only response would be a smile. Kinda harsh for them to say that huh??!! Well, it's time they get updated.. Point is, Jack, don't worry too much, just go for it if that's your dream. Don't let this small small things stand in your way..

News anyone?

Victor.

Edited by Victor Goh