MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Cornelis Boersma

Newbie questions

Hello there,

I have a few questions. I hope someone can reply this message with some answers.

When this topic is not posted on the right part of the forum, then I am sorry, then the moderator is of course free te move this topic to the place where it then has to be!

Can you also ask here for flightinformation about the flights from/to Kuala Lumpur? Like we have the scramble.nl messageboard for Amsterdam. I really want to visit Malaysia and I think I go there in March 2007. I have a lot of Malaysia Airlines aircraft already, but I still need the 9M-MRD 772. And when I visit Kuala Lumpur I dont want to miss it of course! When I go, where can I ask for the flight of this aircraft or how do I know this bird is not in maintenance at that moment?

What is the best time of year to visit Malaysia? With weather/traffic etc.

I hope someone can reply to my questions!

Best regards,

Cornelis Boersma,

EHAM spotter!

Hello en het Onthaal aan MalaysianWings.com! :) Het is groot om nog een ander Nederlands lid te hebben en wij allen hopen dat u tot het neer aan Maleisi en 2007 voor een bezoek zult maken. :good:

With regards to your question to MRD, We can always try to find out where and when she's in town for spotting. I think March/April is ok for spotting.. someone else here care to confirm the weather at that time of the year?? I think no rain right? monsoon is only after July?? Don't quote me on that one. Traffic is interesting all year round :D

Thanks and have a great stay here in MWings.com!

Hello there,

I have a few questions. I hope someone can reply this message with some answers.

When this topic is not posted on the right part of the forum, then I am sorry, then the moderator is of course free te move this topic to the place where it then has to be!

Can you also ask here for flightinformation about the flights from/to Kuala Lumpur? Like we have the scramble.nl messageboard for Amsterdam. I really want to visit Malaysia and I think I go there in March 2007. I have a lot of Malaysia Airlines aircraft already, but I still need the 9M-MRD 772.

Welcome to MW Cornelis Boersma :drinks:

All I can say is this:

Are you talking about getting the MAS "Helconia" Limited Edition B772(ER)? :huh:

For flights to/from KUL, go to KLIA's website (click here) and they will tell you the flight to/from KUL.

Cheers!!!! :drinks:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Thx guys!

The KLIA website is not giving the registration numbers of the flights, do they? I do find flightinfo, but not any registration numbers.

I've been to Malaysia now one year ago. Had to switch aircraft on my way to Sydney.

I already have the Hibiscus 744. Seen in Sydney and in Amsterdam, so now only the 9M-MRD. Does someone know how long it will remain flying in these colors?

777-awesome-flydamnit.jpg

Best regards from Holland!

Cornelis Boersma

I've been to Malaysia now one year ago. Had to switch aircraft on my way to Sydney.

I already have the Hibiscus 744. Seen in Sydney and in Amsterdam, so now only the 9M-MRD. Does someone know how long it will remain flying in these colors?

"Hibiscus" (9M-MPD and 9M-MPB) and "Heliconia" (9M-MRD) I'm not sure how long it will stay at its "Best color scheme in the world" because the purpose is that MH is promoting the new First Class, Golden Club Class, and Economy Class.

Cheers!!!! :drinks:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Limited Edition har ? :rofl:

Mohd is right.

I meant that MRD is very hard to catch.

I've tried five times looking for her at KUL but failed :(

Cornelis,

Welkom bij MW. We hopen oprecht dat je het hier naar je zin zult hebben !!!

Ben dit jaar zelf in KUL geweest (vrijdag-maandag) en heb dus de MRD op deze 4 dagen moeten missen, dus 'het gebakkie' is bijzonder moeilijk te 'vangen'. Wel komt de machine regelmatig is ZRH, dus misschien is dat iets ?

sorry, guys, for talking Dutch to Cor: could not resist :sorry:

Sandeep, can you, please, translate this to English ? :rofl:

Thx mate! I know its comming to Zurich, also to Stockholm, but believe the flight to ARN and EWR are going to stop or has already been stopped hasnt they? Of course I want to go to ZRH for it, or FRA but then I have to know a few days in advance that its going to be sure its flying to ZRH/FRA/ARN/CDG or wherever.

I am still 20 years young, but let's say that when I have the Heliconia photographed I see this as an early retirement bonus of my spotting career :spiteful: But the best is to have this livery in sunlight, this makes it more awesome then it already is, in KUL you have lots of sunlight, in ZRH you can also have lots of fog and rain!

4 days nog MRD, they of course also fly at night. My flight to Adelaide from KUL left at 11 PM, lots of flights to Australie/New Zeeland etc. depart late, so also arrival of those aircraft can be in dark a few hours before. Doesnt someone near KUL/WMKK has a bed and breakfast for me for 2 weeks? :rolleyes:

I think... 9M-MRD can be spotted at least every other day in KUL if you are willing to stay day all day and night :) Especially KUL is very busy at before midnight and after dawn... unless she is in Maintainance which you can definitely see her in SZB. Correct me if i am wrong. But sorry Cornelis.. doesnt realy answer your question, does it?

Cornelis, excuse the off topic nature of my post:

Pieter! Challenge accepted!

Welcome at MW. We hope sincerely that you will enjoy it here!!! I have had difficulty to 'catch' this year whilst in KUL(Friday-Monday) and therefore the MRD on these 4 days missing, therefore ' the gebakkie ' are particularly at. However, the aircraft is a regular at ZRH, therefore perhaps you could catch it over there?

hahahah that's the best I could do :)

Cornelis, happy hunting MRD :)

Guys!

A friend of me is in Zürich working at Swiss for 2 weeks from 7-19 January. I am going to visit him for a few days. What are my changes? How fore in advance can somebody tell me what the expected flight routes of the MRD are? Then I perhaps can book a date with the best opportunities, of course I know (to bad) its not known yet..

Best regards from Holland!

Cornelis Boersma

It all depends on your luck actually , I remember a month back when Raj C. came from the US , he was doing some hardcore spotting for 5 or 6 days straight , with no sign of MRD at all .

So it all depends on your luck at the end of the day . When you least expect it ,, thats when it will emerge .

Mohd is right.

I meant that MRD is very hard to catch.

I've tried five times looking for her at KUL but failed :(

Andrew , you really crack me up ...

Hey guys, I am planning a trip to Zurich LSZH/ZRH probably this week or the week after, does somebody know the 9M-MRD will fly to ZRH in the upcomming 2 weeks? Can somebody check this for me or not? Hope so! Thanks in advance!

Cornelis

Cornelis Boersma

It all depends on your luck actually ...

So it all depends on your luck at the end of the day . When you least expect it ,, thats when it will emerge .

This should give you a clue, unless you know someone at MH Fleetplanning :p

I now found out the website of ZRH airport is showing regi numbers at their website, so thats awesome. Maybe I can book a last minute flight the evening before the MRD will arrive there!

Further I still hope to fly to BKK & KUL in April to get the entire MAS fleet complete of course! First more money needed :p

Thx for the anwers ;)

Best Regards,

Cornelis

Hi guys,

For you its not special anymore probably, but I want to share with you that I finally got her! Yesterday at Zürich, I made lots, really lots of photographs and I want to share one with you. The weather was superb, sunny, almost no clouds. I booked a very last minute flight when I saw at 1 AM that the MRD was comming to ZRH. My flight left at 7 AM, so literally a last-minute :rolleyes:

Best regards from a very happy spotter :drinks:

MRD.jpg

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

Hi guys,

For you its not special anymore probably, but I want to share with you that I finally got her! Yesterday at Zürich, I made lots, really lots of photographs and I want to share one with you. The weather was superb, sunny, almost no clouds. I booked a very last minute flight when I saw at 1 AM that the MRD was comming to ZRH. My flight left at 7 AM, so literally a last-minute :rolleyes:

Best regards from a very happy spotter :drinks:

MRD.jpg

Congrats!!!! Superb colour!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Book last minutes flight to ZRH just to catch her!! My Salute to you!! Hardcore man!!! :good:

I caught her once only in KUL leaving in bad weather. :glare:

you dont want to know the price I paid for this flight there, think most people would say I amd10t :D

Haha... peoples called me crazy also when I told them I go all the way to KUL for plane spotting. <_>

Yes... we are nutz!!! LOL... Who cares!? Don't be so harsh to yourself. Let's call it a PASSION. ^_^

My Salute again to you. :good:

Edited by kianhong

Congrats!!!! Superb colour!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Book last minutes flight to ZRH just to catch her!! My Salute to you!! Hardcore man!!! :good:

I caught her once only in KUL leaving in bad weather. :glare:

i second that.

i also catched her once only in hazy weathe last year. :(

heliconia in ZRH..cool colours in sunny winter.

Good catch...tell me, don think you change your mind of not coming to KUL since you already got the MRD, he he he

Sign in to follow this