MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samuel Chy

the MAS office at Kompleks Karamunsing Kota Kinabalu closed down

when i come back from sipitang, my mum told me a sad news that the MAS office at Karamunsing Complex already officially closed down and move to the existing office at KKIA Terminal 1 the day before... :( will find out the article and post it here sooner or later...

It was even pointed by an MP in the Parliament recently. He complained about the eventual crowd build up at the airport ticket office. He then asked the Minister of Transport to go and take a look.

With all the construction work at BKI and the closure of Karamunsing ticket office, it's understandable that tantrums flare everywhere.

...and alas! the MAS city office in KBR is also CLOSED!

Went there to confirm my return ticket to BKI this afternoon (braving the holiday-time Kota Bharu traffic. Lucky I zipped through the queue on a trusty Honda C70) - only to find out it's not there anymore!

I had to go to the airport (WMKC) ticket counter. Once again I was lucky since the counter was not as crowded as the check-in counter area.

It's the Haj season again and the Kelantanese take it very, very seriously. 2 persons going, the whole kampung sending. Last year I took the 0645 MH1427, the crowd was so unbelievable, the airport had become a "Sure Heboh" venue - with people selling balloons and drinks and all. Yes, selling balloons at 5.45 in the morning.

...and alas! the MAS city office in KBR is also CLOSED!

Are you serious? :blink: :blink:

I went there to talk about the flight from KBR to LAX via KUL and TPE. :mellow:

It seems, due to the rationalization program going on at MAS, they close all city offices and replace these activities to the airport ??? :huh:

What a strange thing to do when MAS is supposed to connect with customers and win their business. Touch points in the cities are the least they could do.

Or is MAS rewriting the theories of Marketing and Customer Service?!

Base on what I hear from the story is that MH management had this idea of closing down all it town office. The move is along with the VSS where it come out the plan of removing all town office and change it to internet so that less money need to be spend on human power. This come in time that some of MH domestic route been hand over to Air Asia. So the idea work as MH will lost most of it domestic sector so airport office is sufficient to cater the need of pax. They also had introduced ticket less where MH pax are encouraged to buy ticket via internet. So MH close down all it town office in order to save cost and concentrate the cost of using it to develop more on the internet or give out promotion in term of money spend on human power.

But this went wrong……..

The move become in proper as MH didn’t lose up much of the domestic route because of some government policy and end up become bad idea as MH already remove much of it workers from the VSS. Thus the closure of those offices had to be done.

They also had introduced ticket less where MH pax are encouraged to buy ticket via internet.

Yes, Leo. They are as encouraging as they are marginalizing some customers, as far as their Internet booking system is concerned.

IPB Image

What about people on other OS?

IPB Image

In Safari, the date is disabled. I mean how hard is it to make it cross-platform compatible?

Yes, Leo. They are as encouraging as they are marginalizing some customers, as far as their Internet booking system is concerned.

IPB Image

What about people on other OS?

IPB Image

In Safari, the date is disabled. I mean how hard is it to make it cross-platform compatible?

ewan shamsudin, try downloading the new Firefox 2.0 (if you want to wait, wait foe the new Firfeox 3.0, due to be released in early 2007). :)

ewan shamsudin, try downloading the new Firefox 2.0 (if you want to wait, wait foe the new Firfeox 3.0, due to be released in early 2007). :)

but can MAC OS support FireFox?

but can MAC OS support FireFox?

My school has MAC OS X and I saw a Firefox browser, so MAC OS does support Firefox.

Here's a link to prove it :) :

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

Edited by Andrew Ong

It seems, due to the rationalization program going on at MAS, they close all city offices and replace these activities to the airport ??? :huh:

OMG...If the SBW office is closed down,people around the Sibu had to go to the airport! And the SBW airport is definately far away!!!

My school has MAC OS X and I saw a Firefox browser, so MAC OS does support Firefox.

Here's a link to prove it :) :

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

Yes, Firefox is for every little children in the world.

Been using Firefox 1.5 for Mac OSX for a while (haven't downloaded ver 2.0 yet) and it does work (how else have I been booking my seats on MH all these while?). B)

That being said, when other airlines websites I checked have absolutely no problem with Safari, why can't MH make it compatible too? How hard is it for the programmers? Is it so costly that it doesn't agree with its current business turnaround plan exercise? :angry:

While some sites are not compatible with Netscape Browser.

Oh yes. Despite its eventual unpopularity nowadays, Netscape still has a few fans around.

In the 90's I was one of its staunch user -- mainly because I believed Microsoft and Bill Gates were devils. Hahahhah.

Don't get me wrong. I switched to Mac for other reasons. ;-)

And Isaac, congratulations on your 747-th post!

Edited by ewan shamsudin