MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

MYY spotting

Hello everyone, exam finished and today off I went spotting first time ever for me in Miri. But I found that it's very hard for a spotter to do spotting there, because good place is not easy to stay... Hehe... Just next to a highway where all those car speeding there, it's very dangerous.

That's all for today, and I'll be back to BKI soon, so I think this thread will be slow, but anyone of you who have photos in MYY are welcomed to post here. Sorry for the quality also, because I borrowed it.

Regards,

Chan

Thanks for sharing the photos. Although there is no widebody a/c but the terminal is just stunning compare to the Melaka one.

Chan,

Nice catch of the Fax Twin Otters..

Really like the livery on the Twin Otters..damm Cool..

Take more shots of them and share it with us.. :D :D

Hey Tamizi, why you want to go to that hill?

Hehehe... Actually early morning in MYY we can see many kinds of their otter and fokker, since this is their base. That's why lor, not lucky lar... Haha...

Btw Sim, Why does it looks intimidating? Red Devil? Haha...

Chan,

I want to see the 'Grand Old Lady' with my own eyes...I've seen the photos of 'Grand Old Lady' so many times..boring already <_ besides than that the old lady was not there could see myy as city in sarawak..sorry if my words are offensive offence ya src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)">

BTW Sim,the all red Twin Otter at MYY is the Red Devil jr...haha :rofl: Love to see her flying to SBW :lol:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Oooo... You mean the first oil well is it? Haha... I was wondering what is that, because I never know the name of it. Yeah, sure I can bring you there, and there is even a museum beside that too, not bad to go there, and no worries lar... No offence, in fact, what you offended me? Haha... Sorry....

Chan

Oooo... You mean the first oil well is it? Haha... I was wondering what is that, because I never know the name of it. Yeah, sure I can bring you there, and there is even a museum beside that too, not bad to go there, and no worries lar... No offence, in fact, what you offended me? Haha... Sorry....

Chan

Yup,that's what I mean.Sure the view from Canada Hill is breath-taking B) :rolleyes:

Haha...I'll inform you when i go there.Just applied for Planning Officer post with FAX.If my application was accepted,sure i'll go MYY...Let's hope my application will be accepted :lol:

BTW,Keep us updated with the latest photos of MYY.BTW,What type of camera you're using?

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Just a compact lar, sony dsc-t7... Hehe... You?

Well don't worry, I'll try my best to get some photos... Hehe...

Chan

Just a compact lar, sony dsc-t7... Hehe... You?

Well don't worry, I'll try my best to get some photos... Hehe...

Chan

Me? I'm using my younger Sony DSC-W5,and also Sony Handycam..Still collecting RM to buy my own camera.

Only 2 Twin Otters were re-painted,Chan? How about the rest of them?

Only 2 Twin Otters were re-painted,Chan? How about the rest of them?

No, what I saw was 3 of them, if not wrong is 4. I couldn't get five of them all together... Hehe...

Wah :lol: not bad.At least MYY is active,especially the Twin Otters and the Borneo Cityhoppers :lol:

Keep this topic alive,Chan! :drinks:

Hello all, it's me again. Well today I went to MYY airport to try my luck to catch the MasWings, sadly I wasn't able to do that... But luck has not abandoned me, it gave me another surprise as well!!!

I was able to asked for permission to enter the hangar operated by Hornbill Skyways, and I shoot there for some movement. But almost all shot were backlit thou... So I edited some heavily, to give some best result, sorry....

First of all, this is the overview of MYY airport, usually people can only see this view in plane.

IMG_2467.jpg

AAG rotated right in front of me

IMG_2482.jpg

AEC landed while MAS B734 holding short.

IMG_2507.jpg

Later MAS B734 MQF rotated in front of me as well

IMG_2534.jpg

As a tease, please guess what aircraft is it.

IMG_2588.jpg

Will upload more soon.

Chan

Okay, I'll add on now.

So it was Bell, operated by Hornbills

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

The motor

IMG_2566.jpg

The under belly

IMG_2573.jpg

The thing that people step on it

IMG_2576.jpg

Close Up of the logo

IMG_2578.jpg

Something like birth cert...

IMG_2579.jpg

The name

IMG_2582.jpg

On the blade

IMG_2584.jpg

On the blade as well, the rear one

IMG_2597.jpg

Last but not leat, a very funny "ball".

IMG_2595.jpg

Chan

Erm it was there by the time I was there. Around 2.30pm. It was from BKI?

i saw she depart around 4pm, when i arrive the spot. then she back again at 5.30pm. :pardon:

maybe MYY-BKI vv.?

Erm shouldn't be because the time she fly back to KK was like 2.40 something like that. I should be going back to KK. But for the flight you mentioned departed at 4pm should be another trip.

As a tease, please guess what aircraft is it.

IMG_2588.jpg

Bell 206 Jetranger 3 :pardon:

Hello all, as all of you know today is the first day of MasWings operation, and I was lucky to go somewhere near airport, so just drop by and took some photos of this special day.

This will be its office, but now still not operating yet, lots of crews were inside, and ticket selling still in MAS's office. You can see MAS's FA as well as MASWings' FA.

IMG_3033.jpg

Check in area,

IMG_3035.jpg

And the banner hanging over the terminal

IMG_3044.jpg

While FAX's messy office

IMG_3038.jpg

The display tv

IMG_3041.jpg

And outside the terminal

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

It was parking at the right side of the terminal, which usually dominated by AK, and fokker will only park at the left side.

Seen here parking next to AK 733 departing for KCH

IMG_3052.jpg

Usually there will park there, sorry for the fences...

IMG_3058.jpg

Okay, that's all, and enjoy.

Chan

nice shots there, Chan.

too bad, no luck for me. this morning, when i almost arrive the airport, i saw the MGE (should be) which w/o FAUX title depart from Rwy 02. then when i reach Jln Selangor, i only saw one F50 in full MW livery park at open bay. then i meet Kenneth when i on the way back work. :(

and good news for our fellow F50 fans that the Fokker sticker is back in town once again with a good contrast, i believe. :p :yahoo:

Edited by Samuel Chy

wondering how's MGB now, 2nd MASwing colour F50, which supposed to fly back MYY. Miss the fun working on MGA and MGB.