MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

MYY spotting

Great shots!! I can actually see my old house from the wingview!!

Welcome to the forum GiO, is that your real name? If not please let Gavin Andrew David know your real name as it is the rule for us to use our real names here. Thanks!

Yes it's my real name. My full name is Giovanni Lawai. Im the one who took the pic of the Perdana 01 in WBGB. My friend Edwin edit it.. :D

Just a question about MYY. Is it possible to stay overnight at the airport?

It's possible to sleep at the airport, since the chairs are rather comfortable, just don't forget to bring along a good jacket. Anyway, I believe I've posted some shots of the airport interior, maybe you can have more idea?

Is the terminal building open 24hr though ? You know lah, there is this 'beredar' culture amongst MAB staffers :)

Is the terminal building open 24hr though ? You know lah, there is this 'beredar' culture amongst MAB staffers :)

Good point there Tam, but I have no idea... Hehe... Since I've never tried that before... Well, I don't mind asking next time when I fly.

Last time Miri Airport used to have a good spotting place from the restaurant on the First Floor.. Now, no more.

Some spectecular clouds in Golf-Echo picture :blink:

Thanks for sharing, Jon: we don't see much out of MYY :(

Those photos will definately becoming memories when the ATR72-500 arrives at MYY..I will definately miss the Borneo Cityhopper..

I've been to the Golf Golf cockpit jumpseat. I sat in the jumpseat for the entire flight from Bintulu to Miri last year. Cant remember what's the callsign.

MMA on an early morning assignment in MYY..

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/88402f0a73.jpg

Miri airport terminal building from AK parking bay(gate 3)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/02cec014c6.jpg

GEO, I had amended your image links... it is way too big (2112 × 1584pixels). Next time please resize your pictures to acceptable size (i.e. 800 x 600 pixels). <_>

AsianXpress 5812 cleared for Kinabalu via Golf580 and contact tower on 123.3

th.f97e167e4e.jpg

on the paralell taxiway..

th.9c999c818e.jpg

at holding point alpha for Runway 02..

th.c64c9d9429.jpg

Jon, sorry bout that. I'll preview my pics before I submit it next time.

Just a picture taken while transiting in MYY for my flight to BTU. It was raining heavily outside!! See how people board the AK flight bound for BKI...

IMG_0693.jpg

hahaha ... i remember when i was boarding an ak when it was raining , use the umbrella from terminal , then after climb up the stairs , threw the umbrella from the stair straight toward the ground :D ....... oh yeah , i am not the only one who did that , coz umbrella was limited , then ground crew need to wait for those umbrella to take it to the next passengers .

hahaha ... i remember when i was boarding an ak when it was raining , use the umbrella from terminal , then after climb up the stairs , threw the umbrella from the stair straight toward the ground :D ....... oh yeah , i am not the only one who did that , coz umbrella was limited , then ground crew need to wait for those umbrella to take it to the next passengers .

You reminded me of something funny.

Last time when I board my flight from BKI to BTU in raining day, we all drop the umbrella before we go onboard as you mentioned. It was F50, so when I come near to the a/c, somehow the queue stopped, so we had to wait outside under heavy rain and wind! Few people in front of me was a lady in mini skirt, and she was standing on the stair, remember I said strong wind? The guy collecting the umbrella, look up with his big eyes open... Even when the queue starts moving, he follows... :blush: So ladies, the morale of the story is, please lar why wear so short??

You reminded me of something funny.

Last time when I board my flight from BKI to BTU in raining day, we all drop the umbrella before we go onboard as you mentioned. It was F50, so when I come near to the a/c, somehow the queue stopped, so we had to wait outside under heavy rain and wind! Few people in front of me was a lady in mini skirt, and she was standing on the stair, remember I said strong wind? The guy collecting the umbrella, look up with his big eyes open... Even when the queue starts moving, he follows... :blush: So ladies, the morale of the story is, please lar why wear so short??

Oh my... did u need eyemo after that? :p

It's unavoidable! :pardon: It's a lie if I say I didn't. :p

However I didn't need eyemo lar I used rain drop! Hehe...

It's unavoidable! :pardon: It's a lie if I say I didn't. :p

However I didn't need eyemo lar I used rain drop! Hehe...

No wonder the flight was delayed :lol::rofl::lol:

Just a picture taken while transiting in MYY for my flight to BTU. It was raining heavily outside!! See how people board the AK flight bound for BKI...

IMG_0693.jpg

When was this pics taken? and why didn't AK use the aerobridge when its available to them like this (taken on the 21st July)....

MiriResize10.jpg

Edited by mokhzani