MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Govt Nod To Build Railway Line From KLIA To LCCT

So does this mean our warehouse-like LCCT is staying for good? And the train would go "to the departure lounge of the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT)". Underground? :huh:

November 07, 2006 20:53 PM

Govt Nod To Build Railway Line From KLIA To LCCT, Says Najib

PUTRAJAYA, Nov 7 (Bernama) -- The Cabinet Committee on Public Transport has approved in principle the plan to build a railway line from the main terminal of the KL International Airport in Sepang to the departure lounge of the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said Tuesday.

The Deputy Prime Minister said the Economic Planning Unit in the Prime Minister's Department has been assigned to conduct a study, including to determine the cost and financing, whether the project would be 100 per cent government-funded or would be carried out under the Private Financing Initiatives (PFI).

The EPU would coordinate the study with the finance, transport and works ministries, he told reporters after chairing the committee meeting, here Tuesday.

Najib said the journey from the KLIA Main Terminal to LCCT would take only 11 minutes on a train compared to 20 minutes now by bus.

After the study has been completed, it would be tabled to the cabinet committee before forwarding to the cabinet for approval, he said.

-- BERNAMA

Well, it's not approve yet! But last time I do remember, a private company willing to fund the rail between KLIA to LCCT. About the warehouse being permanent, I doubt so, because it also stated once the gov. replace the LCCT to a new location, the track can be easily alter to the x destinations :good:

Never realised the airport complex is that vast. :blink:

ya.. i wondered if they want to built it along the usual road the bus take not thru the airport... 11minutes... too long too long...

ya.. i wondered if they want to built it along the usual road the bus take not thru the airport... 11minutes... too long too long...

Remind of those day when I have to ride a bus at LAX from Tom Bradley to another International terminal for about 20 minutes thru the airport + taxiway + edge of runway

the last i heard, SIEMENS plan to build the track between MTB and LCCT...

yea..agree what SETH said...i remember that Dato' Bashir of MAB said that this LCCT is only temporary only..once it reach it maximum capacity...it will move to a new location..which im not sure where...and why they did in the first place...

*** UPDATE ***

November 08, 2006 16:36 PM

KLIA-LCCT Rail Link To Be Built Next Year

PUTRAJAYA, Nov 8 (Bernama) -- A rail link between the KL International Airport (KLIA)'s main terminal building and the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) will be built next year, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy announced Wednesday.

A detailed study of the project would be carried out by the Economic Planning Unit and submitted to the cabinet in two months time for decision, he said.

He said the study would also look into whether the project would be 100 percent funded by the Federal Government, partially funded or a private initiative.

Approved by the government yesterday, the project would see the construction of a 13.4 km rail link with a travel time of 11 minutes between the two entities.

Chan said this would cut the current travel time of 20 minutes taken by buses and taxis for the 20 kilometer journey.

"It would take off next year," he told reporters here today.

Chan also refused to comment when asked whether ERL, the current operator of the high speed train between KL Sentral and KLIA would be given the job to construct the link.

He, however, said that the company had submitted a proposal.

Chan said that except for the decision on having the link, nothing conclusive has been drawn and decisions on other matters have not been made as it planned to wait for the detailed report from the EPU and the Ministry of Finance.

-- BERNAMA

Good, i want something so that I can take KLExpress to KLIA and then 11 mins to LCCT. I don't need SkyBus anymore. hahaha... but i doubt my boss will let me. hahaa...

Good, i want something so that I can take KLExpress to KLIA and then 11 mins to LCCT. I don't need SkyBus anymore. hahaha... but i doubt my boss will let me. hahaa...

Well taxi and ERL price is killing us, just take Skybus to LCC and then to KLIA, less than RM12 total!

If siemens is to build the line.. it could very well be an extension of the existing ERL line... which at the moment terminates at the west-end of the MTB... It can perhaps continue under the bridge linking the main KLIA roadway to the Bunga Raya VIP Complex and then traverse along the road parellel to 14R/32L around to the South perimeter (negotiate those awful hillocks) and then down into the LCCT, having to bypass the POS complex and find spot for a terminus within reasonable walking distance.. in other words, THIS WOULD BE A CRAZY DEVELOPMENT!!!! ESPECIALLY IF THE LCCT IS TEMPORARY :crazy: :crazy:

I think it would be best to split the existing line into a fork at the NorthEnd (of 14L/32R) just after crossing the airport perimeter road (at the "Pond") following parallel to the runway up until the LCCT complex where their is AMPLE space for a terminus.. (you know the half-finished road leading from just after the Sepang Circuit on the perimeter road that leads to the LCCT and Pos Laju complex)

To save money on the ERL from KL Sentral to KLIA and vice versa, provided you are not in a hurry:

Take KLIA Transit from KL Sentral to Putrajaya for RM 9.50. Disembark and go up the stairs to buy a ticket from there to KLIA for RM 6.20. Total is RM 15.70, and you save RM19.30 :) That is a 55% discount!

Same cost from KL Sentral to Salak Tinggi, then to KLIA, v.v..

They have been skinning passengers all along :angry: !

Cheers :drinks:

To save money on the ERL from KL Sentral to KLIA and vice versa, provided you are not in a hurry:

Take KLIA Transit from KL Sentral to Putrajaya for RM 9.50. Disembark and go up the stairs to buy a ticket from there to KLIA for RM 6.20. Total is RM 15.70, and you save RM19.30 :) That is a 55% discount!

???!!!! You're Kidding me! That's madness!!

If financial is an issue, then you wouldn't be taking ERL anyway. We are talking about convenience and time here. Then again, yea I know, its friggin expensive. :(

No kidding Sandeep. That's the way they structure their fares. Even if one takes the Transit from KL Sentral to KLIA, and not the KLIA Express, they still charge RM35.00. Here's the fare table:

http://www.kliaekspres.com/index_train_far..._june_2006.html

My opinion is that certain organizations think that people going to the airport must be flushed with cash, and can be milked of their money as much as possible. Not everyone going the the airport are heading for a holiday and have a jolly good time. Some may need to fly to somewhere due to an emergency, even if they have to scrape whatever's left for the flight ticket.

An aside: Do you know that KTM charges fare from Singapore in Singapore Dollars? Not in equivalent MYR currency value mind you, but rather, the same numerical value. E.g. a 2nd class seat from KL to Singapore is roughly RM 36 - the ticket for the journey in the opposite direction is SGD 36!

I once worked at a beach resort which charged RM 3.50 per glass of coke, not too bad if it's the whole can but no, each can produces up to three glasses which they sell!

I think it's in the nature of local businesses here to reap the maximum possible from those willing to part with their money. Heh :lol:

Edited by H Azmal

An aside: Do you know that KTM charges fare from Singapore in Singapore Dollars? Not in equivalent MYR currency value mind you, but rather, the same numerical value. E.g. a 2nd class seat from KL to Singapore is roughly RM 36 - the ticket for the journey in the opposite direction is SGD 36!

Could it be the reason that they didn't take into account currency fluctuation when updating the fares? If I am not wrong the Ringgit used to have the same value as Singapore Dollars until the early 80's. This also happen on the MAS coach service from Senai to Singapore, RM12 if you are taking the bus from Malaysia and S$12 on the other side of causeway! :o

This also happen on the MAS coach service from Senai to Singapore, RM12 if you are taking the bus from Malaysia and S$12 on the other side of causeway! :o

More companies use 'this system' to make life easier for them, like Ryanair: they advertise fares for UKL 1.00 STN-HHN and EUR 1.00 HHN-STN, for instance (UKL 1.00 - UKL 1.50)...

Which bus company offers this service? Any website I can login to look for more information on this?

I think our warehouse is here for good lah!

November 10, 2006 14:48 PM

MAHB To Attract More LCCs And Expand Terminal's Capacity

SINGAPORE, Nov 10 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airport Holding Bhd (MAHB) aims to attract more low-cost carriers (LCCs) as well as expand the LCC terminal's capacity to enable it to handle 15 million passengers from the current 10 million.

This, according to managing director Datuk Seri Bashir Ahmad, was due the tremendous growth that the terminal was experiencing.

"So we want to expand the terminal to become better in terms of services and handle more passengers," he said, adding that the LCC terminal was currently handling about five million passengers.

He was speaking to reporters yesterday after receiving the Centre For Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA)'s "Low-Cost Airport of the Year" award at a ceremony held in conjunction with the Third Annual Asia Pacific & Middle East Aviation Outlook Summit 2006 being held here.

On the award, Bashir said: "Last year KLIA won the Best Airport award, and now the LCC terminal. So we have the best of both worlds and we are pleased about it."

Asked about the request by Tiger Airways' chief executive officer Tony Davis to fly into Malaysia, Bashir said this would depend on the governments of Malaysia and Singapore.

"If the governments decide to open up (the aviation sector), of course we will welcome them," he said.

-- BERNAMA

Which bus company offers this service? Any website I can login to look for more information on this?

Ain't no Bus service.. it's the ERL Transit line... I've gotta try this out!

If I am not wrong the Ringgit used to have the same value as Singapore Dollars until the early 80's.

In 1979, SGD 1.00 = MYR 1.01 :blink: then "somebody" decided to screw it and we never came even remotely close to that since :o

Edited by H Azmal

I once worked at a beach resort which charged RM 3.50 per glass of coke, not too bad if it's the whole can but no, each can produces up to three glasses which they sell!

I think it's in the nature of local businesses here to reap the maximum possible from those willing to part with their money. Heh :lol:

Isnt that the same thing with MH's KUL-SIN and SQ's SIN-KUL? I heard the same thing is practised there..

Sign in to follow this