MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Ong

What Is Your Favorite Airline?

I want to know what is eveyone's favorite airline.

Mine is Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines

If I can only pick one - Singapore Airlines

Others that deserve the 'favourite' tag in my books:

Qantas (gripes about management issues and employment policy aside ;))

BA (only on flights crewed by my friends :D :D)

Lufthansa ground service (if only they could be as outstanding onboard but then the FCT alone is worth it)

I also liked the flights I've had with Air NZ, Thai and Malaysia but unfortunately have not flown enough on these airlines to judge whether or not they are 'favourites.'

Edited by Keith T

- Singapore Airlines

- Malaysia Airlines

- Thai Airways international

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

- Emirates (I like this because of their foods and IFE ONLY, onboard service is just so-so.)

** In random order

1th: Singapore Airlines

2th: Malaysia Airlines (not politically)

3th: Cathay Pacific Airways

4th: Dragonair

5th: Qantas

x

x

x

x

x

9999th: Air New Zealand :lol:

Edited by S V Choong

Mine was UA, now MH. :drinks:

UA during the MJ era... Haha... :lol: :lol: Many M'sians won't know which MJ I'm talking about and what connection it has to do with UAL, but anyway try to guess... :)

MH because now I fly with MH so often and I find it very pleasing to fly with our national airline... :good:

Like other airliens as well, such as CX, AA, SQ, etc.

UA during the MJ era... Haha... :lol: :lol: Many M'sians won't know which MJ I'm talking about and what connection it has to do with UAL, but anyway try to guess... :)

That software company based in Chicago?

I don’t mind to travel on any airline or airplane (even TU134, Tu154), as long as it is safe, convenient and value for money.

For good food, I go to restaurant not airline. Hence, I don’t mind sandwiches, salad during flight.

However, when an airline is charging sustainable more than others, I expect value for money. Again, when a airline is claiming 5 stars rating, I expect 5 stars foods, entertainment, seat and services on board.

If using MH as a benchmark; SQ, EK and CX are better in food, entertainment and seats. MH cabin crews are most friendly.

The quality of food served on MH now a day is comparable to VN and HY.

Hence, believe MH shouldn’t advertise itself a 5 stars airline, especially it will create high expectation that MH can’t match.

Just my 2 cents :drinks:

Continental Airline is on top of my list.

I think you've got some idea. Let's allow others to guess first (if they do wanna guess)... :)

Ah, I think I've worked out what you're getting at. :D

Ah, I think I've worked out what you're getting at. :D

:drinks: I just love those years... :good: Kinda miss them! Keith, you ^^ the same?

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

:drinks: I just love those years... :good: Kinda miss them! Keith, you ^^ the same?

My parents say the same things.

I'm personally too young to remember... :p And maybe because I try to block out memories of flights with them after more recent long haul experiences...

I'll try to get an illustration of what I mean for those who don't know what MJ I'm talking about and the connection I mentioned.

You may cast your guess first forthe time being... :rolleyes:

I would say All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines, for their excellent service and food. Singapore Airlines for their well rounded efficiency, standardised service and products. I like Cathay Pacific too, nothing beats their lounge at HKIA.

Somehow my service encounters on Malaysia Airlines were nothing more than just normal, except one time when a flight crew constantly flirted with me in some desperate attempt to get me into bed with him.

I like Cathay Pacific too, nothing beats their lounge at HKIA.

Have you tried the LH First Class Terminal at FRA? :D

The 'lounge' is basically an entire terminal for all LH F pax (either departing pax or pax arriving on an LH F flight and connecting on to an European service in C). You check in/go through security etc at the FCT. Full restaurant service and nice big baths. You get a PA who handles everything for you, and a personal chauffeur in a limo across the tarmac to your aircraft! The driver even helps you carry your bags up the steps and on to the plane.

Blows everything, including SKL SIN or the Wing/Pier Lounges, out of the water.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/...id=1771144&l=en

Edited by Keith T

Somehow my service encounters on Malaysia Airlines were nothing more than just normal, except one time when a flight crew constantly flirted with me in some desperate attempt to get me into bed with him.

:o :o :o

OMG! Our MAS crew? :o

I wonder what Imrans is? :drinks:

As for me, so many to try...but I'm sure most of you know what the airline is that I probably don't dislike the most, but certainly don't like politically.