MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Denny Yen

Narita spotting

These were taken at noon today.

Arrival of B-HOY, my ride from NRT-TPE. The first time I saw her at NRT was in 2004.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Push-back from Gate 15 at T1's rotunda building. Opposite is it is the cargo terminal. Silver jet.

IPB Image

Aeroflot cargo

IPB Image

IPB Image

Samurai Blue

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This BA 744 was struggling to get off the ground. The usual rotate spot is the "grassy" clock opposite T1, but it only managed to rotate at A4.

IPB Image

Hotel at the end of rwy is the NRT Marriot.

IPB Image

cool stuff Denny,

JL Cargo silver jet, the aft cargo door has covered windows..i didnt realize tht.

aeroflot cargo seems to be light, or just being MAX Take Off thrust,,

B)-->

QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Sep 24 2006, 11:37 PM) 74918[/snapback]

Nice shots Denny... I thought you moved to Shenzhen...?

Correct, my work involves rotating between 3 places: Taiwan, Shenzhen and HK. Japan weekend trip is to see the missus and in-laws.

Two parallel NW A330s parallel...the foreground a/c has just landed on the shorter rwy, and is taxiing towards Gate 27.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ah-moi captain.

IPB Image

Traffic jam/gridlock at the intersecting taxiways and northern crossing towards T2.

IPB Image

Simple design, which gives the a/c a new look.

IPB Image

Two parallel NW A330s parallel...the foreground a/c has just landed on the shorter rwy, and is taxiing towards Gate 27.

IPB Image

IPB Image

my dad used to went to NRT every month from IAH. he bring home lots of pict from there. The question i always have in my mind is, why NRT is like heaven for NWA and UAL. NWA even operate 757 to OSN, S. Korean (my dad used to fly on this when he work in korea last year). is it like a hub for them?

Right = duty-free brochure; Left = Inflight magazine. Full time CXs are used as models. Other goodies include a plastic card (inside a classical-1960s style envelope with a window in the middle. The card shows a modern CX A346). For 3 months, starting July until Sept., each CX flight will be comprised of selected F/As wearing old CX uniforms from 1950s, 60s up to 80s.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Excellent shots, Denny, and damn lucky to fly on this special coloured 744 :good:

(still hoping to see this one once in AMS, but as you can see from my 'flight logbook' entries, the chances are very slim :( )

nice one from Narita, Denny. The B-HOY look exactly like a toy :lol: thanks for sharing :)

Denny Great Shots man..

Love the CX shots as well as the 2 NWA A330's.. :good:

Superb stuff..

After take-off from Rwy 34L (the longer rwy), we made a steep right turn and flew U-shape routing which took us out towards the sea. This routing gives a full view of NRT.

H-shaped building is T2; and the inter-linking structure is T1. Blue roof structure is the cargo terminal. T1 open-air viewing deck is the full length building opposite the fuel storage tanks (white color).

IPB Image

Rotunda building (round) is mainly dominated by AA, CX, NWA.

IPB Image

NRT's shorter rwy 34R...spot the a/c landing. An ongoing land dispute (>10years) with a local farmer has prevented the authorities from lengthening the rwy to make both rwys capable of taking 744s.

IPB Image

Excellent air-shots of NRT...the last one clearly shows 'the farm' in between the runway 34R :o

The same stubborness applies for the de-tour of the taxiway to the left of the runway ??? :huh:

Hi Denny, I like the aerial shots of Narita.

The inter-linking looks like snakes criss-crossing :good: