MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

MAS announces additions to it's Winter 2006/2007 schedules

Malaysia Airlines announced additions to its international network for the winter schedule. From Oct. 29 it will increase Paris Charles de Gaulle service to daily aboard 777s and add a sixth weekly 747-400 flight to Los Angeles. Weekly services to Hanoi will increase to nine and to Cebu to four. Last week it announced a comprehensive codeshare agreement with Virgin Blue covering 22 MAS flights into Australia.

ATW

Good news for the Skyteam-hub at CDG and also for DL/CO/NW at LAX :good:

Looks like I'll be going more often to HAN and CEB, and TK will have shorter nightstop in CDG.

Hmmmmmmm...... additional frequency to LAX during winter??? What for, people heading up north for ski, Winter break too short for long haul vacation, perhaps additional flight is beacause of the demand, has nothing to do with winter season whatsoever.

2 cent :)

Edited by Seth K

And the stupidest decision MAS made for NW06/07...PER! We will recieve 4x 744, 3x 772, 2x 333...from a spotting stand point great, from a economic stand point...A DISASTER! Increase flights to 11x 772 and you'd be laughing!

I'm sure MAS has thought over this well...and made a good decision based on that...unless there are other "social obligations", if you know what i mean :p

And the stupidest decision MAS made for NW06/07...PER! We will recieve 4x 744, 3x 772, 2x 333...from a spotting stand point great, from a economic stand point...A DISASTER! Increase flights to 11x 772 and you'd be laughing!

Why disaster Liam ?

Why disaster Liam ?

The aircraft operate on non-sequential days.. i.e. a 744 one day, a 772 the next etc etc etc.. so what this means, is that the flight crews may have a double night stopover in PER, which would mean that they are an additional expense to the airline... furthermore, if you want to add capacity, add frequencies.. PER can actually sustain an 11 times weekly service with 777 equipment.. I think the A330 is not a suitable choice for the sector given that it lacks product.. something very important in marketing to Australians and competing with the likes of SQ and QF..

Edited by Sandeep G

Maybe they can't come up with full B747 or full B777 so they came up with mix of Boieng and airbus to do the job because of fleet rotation.

Just thought of something else..

With 744s 772s and A333s operating the PER sector... what will happen if people want to fly first class???? only the 744 are equipped with First Class.. so does that mean MH is going to restrict what days a First Class passenger may fly on??? hmmm seems a bit silly to me.

Actually, maybe a 744 on certain days would be plausible especially with high end connecting traffic from Europe.. Someone flies First Class from LHR - KUL, would most probably want to fly First Class from KUL - PER too.

What ever happened to that idea of "premium" economy class whereby pax pay more, get to sit in Biz-class seats and enjoy economy class meals?

What ever happened to that idea of "premium" economy class whereby pax pay more, get to sit in Biz-class seats and enjoy economy class meals?

Strange, but the idea never really caught on with other airlines either, correct me if mistaken. My guess is it must be very difficult for the crew to remember all the time who to 'pamper' and whom to 'discriminate' upon !

As for the direction MH's inflight meals are heading, it will soon cease to be 'enjoyed' in true sense of word :p Rather, pax will be doing the airline a favour to consume what MH deems palatable :rolleyes: ! Mind you, my experience lately has largely been on domestic, may be a different story on international sectors.

Sign in to follow this