MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

Good to know there's no tailstrike. But surely it was a close call, by the looks of it anyway.

Thanks for sharing guys. More? :pardon:

Indeed, the wet weather on 24 Sep (Sunday) brought along with it a different type of photography . . . it also increases the chance of getting the anti-collision light.

The Peacock Has Landed . . .

IPB Image

And when we finally could see smoke at touchdown, we knew the runway was drying up . . .

IPB Image

Is that smoke under the plane . . . or bird's nest?

IPB Image

And the final subject we caught before heading back to KUL to catch the coach to Singapore . . . Yemenia's A330-200 which seemed to take a very long time to descend from FL110.

IPB Image

And when the weather is bad . . . it is perhaps naturally that people-watching kicks in. And every person's fair game, including the Emperor. Here, he is seen giving the cock-eyed evil look . . .

IPB Image

When he finds himself in a more friendly disposition, he gives guidance to his subject . . . the old Kwek.

IPB Image

As the movements die down . . . old Kwek habits die hard . . . die die must shoot, so old Kwek shoots into thin air

IPB Image

And when the runway in use changed, poor old Kwek is caught off guard and looking the wrong way . . . Ah Pek !!! The planes are behind you lah !!!

IPB Image

And what does Papa Photographer say to Baby Photographer? My Canon is longer than yours !!

IPB Image

Among those on the hill over the weekend . . . from left to right: mini Kwek (Jia Hao), the Emperor, old Kwek and Michael Ing.

IPB Image

Back to planes . . . the biggest subject we had during the brief spate of 32R landing action - a B747-400F of Cargolux - arrived in absolutely horrible light! So all I got was this . . . I cannot wait for 32R to become a regular feature.

IPB Image

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Ha Ha! KC Sim, great catch of the candid moments for spotters.

The look from Emperor Kong is priceless. That's the real him, anyway. :lol:

I went spotting last Sat in the morning session until 12PM.

At around 8AM, I was near 14L pond site. The misty condition around the airport looks like this. :blink:

Can anyone spot the control tower ?

IPB Image

Missed this JAL Cargo in old color from Oscar Hotel :angry:

IPB Image

I joined the other spotters at around 9:30AM. Here's how old Kwek to form a "tripod" to support his long lens :lol:

IPB Image

One plane with good wings flex ...

IPB Image

Two foreigners ...

IPB Image

Many identical tails ...

IPB Image

Thanks for the company guys and see all of you again soon. :drinks:

Chaity your first shot of A330 is somehow unique..nice wingflex(or blending wing..whatever you call it as :D)

KC, the cargo light with horrible light is actually quite nice..Lov eit anyways :D

Edited by Min Chun

Hehe,, its rare to see Darksiders and brightside having so much fun.. hahaha.. good set of pixies too... :good: :clapping:

Stowaway Echo Yankie camera looks so tiny in his grasp kakaka, grab a DsLR soon buddy... :yahoo: you'll love it..

Hehe,, its rare to see Darksiders and brightside having so much fun.. hahaha.. good set of pixies too... :good: :clapping:

Stowaway Echo Yankie camera looks so tiny in his grasp kakaka, grab a DsLR soon buddy... :yahoo: you'll love it..

my hands are too big! :( :clapping: :help:

Indeed, the wet weather on 24 Sep (Sunday) brought along with it a different type of photography . . . it also increases the chance of getting the anti-collision light.

And when the weather is bad . . . it is perhaps naturally that people-watching kicks in. And every person's fair game, including the Emperor. Here, he is seen giving the cock-eyed evil look . . .

IPB Image

And what does Papa Photographer say to Baby Photographer? My Canon is longer than yours !!

IPB Image

Back to planes . . . the biggest subject we had during the brief spate of 32R landing action - a B747-400F of Cargolux - arrived in absolutely horrible light! So all I got was this . . . I cannot wait for 32R to become a regular feature.

IPB Image

KC Sim

1st photo : I think should send this photo to Nikon, maybe Emperor can be their new model :D

2nd photo : Baby Photographer using what lens? Tokina 80-400mm???

3rd photo : I think after some editing, this can be an artistic photo. So no need worry about horrible

light :good:

Anyway KC Sim, keep up the excellent work :D

Weather on Saturday morning was close to perfect.... :drinks:

IPB Image

Biman sent in Diesel Ten to the delights of the spotters!

IPB Image

As usual... she climbed like a rocket! <_>

IPB Image

Spotters will just click click click :D

IPB Image

Our honourable Mr Tee Kay... looking really serious here :D

IPB Image

but you know he is another joker as well :D :D

it is really amazin all the possibilities a digital photo can do. normal shot, black and white, .... most exciting.

i am still learning how to use my point n shoot ti practice photigraphy. hopefully next year I could be good enough for a DSLR

you guys having so much fun there...

love all the pics... but the one that I am staring at for a long time is the jumbo water melon juice... trying to read all the menus and missing all the food from home.... cilaka... got Satay Lembu as well!!

Hi Everyone,

This is Michael, KC's friend from California. I have just returned from my trip to SE Asia and an intervening business trip to San Francisco. It was good looking at everyone's photos. I apologize for my late post, but I also would like to add my many thanks to all of those who so graciously met KC, Kwek and son, and myself and took us around KLIA Airport during the weekend of Sept 22-24. The photos especially on 23 Sept were awesome, especially with the beautiful lighting conditions. And even though the subjects were great, it was most refreshing to meet so many new friends, including Jonathan, TK, Azahan, Edwin, and Kwek and son.

Thank you again for a most memorable spotting weekend.

I'm also am very happy to have been able to sign up on the Malaysian Wings site.

Michael Ing

Welcome to MW, Michael, hope you'll enjoy yourself overhere;

Hope to see some shots from your 'hometown' soon ;)

Mike...hope you had good rest of your South East Asia trip.

By the way, Chaity and I waited for an Antonov 124 to move...no luck..

But new kids on the block is in KUL

9M-AFK

IPB Image

Hi Mike, welcome to MW and good to hear that you had a fun trip. Do share with us some shots when you have time to edit them.

I was at KUL last Sunday with TK but luck wasn't with us, no Antonov departing. :nea:

CX is sending their 100th A/C again :good:

IPB Image