MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

DJ to tie up with MH

Big blow to QF :o

Thought it would be that airline, as QF teaming up lately with codeshare ST partner AF, and since MH is also moving towards joining ST........................

SURPRISING !!!

DJ deserves it. It's definitely come a long way from its nasty, low cost beginnings. That distinction now thankfully belongs to Jetstar, which is fast replacing QF on an increasing number of domestic routes at an alarming rate. Apart from the inflight TV, DJ even has groovy new lounges now at MEL, SYD and BNE. And it doesn't cost much buying a meal onboard, that's if the serving cart gets to me by the end of short sectors like SYD. I might give DJ another shot and take out an annual membership to The Lounge when my AA Platinum status lapses and I can no longer get into Qantas Clubs for free.

I think DJ probably offerred MH a good deal as the former is hungry for overseas partners and the latter is still in a fragile financial state. In contrast, virtually all overseas carriers have interline deals with QF due to AN's collapse. It is without a doubt that the status quo will continue to be rocked (apart from oneworld airlines who'd still codeshare on QF of course) if DJ continues on improving its offerings, and QF decides that it can get away with handing route after route over to JQ and becoming pretty much a virtual airline, except maybe on the Cityflyer routes which include cities on both ends that most overseas carriers serve anyway.

Edited by Keith T

That's Great News for DJ and also Passengers Travelling on MAS to Aussie..

I'm sure this will help fill up seast on MH flight to Ausralia..

Well done to MH and DJ..Hopefully next thing that MH will do is tie up with Air NZ on some Domestic Routes in NZ.. :D

Edited by Raj

DJ deserves it. It's definitely come a long way from its nasty, low cost beginnings. That distinction now thankfully belongs to Jetstar, which is fast replacing QF on an increasing number of domestic routes at an alarming rate. Apart from the inflight TV, DJ even has groovy new lounges now at MEL, SYD and BNE. And it doesn't cost much buying a meal onboard, that's if the serving cart gets to me by the end of short sectors like SYD. I might give DJ another shot and take out an annual membership to The Lounge when my AA Platinum status lapses and I can no longer get into Qantas Clubs for free.

I think DJ probably offerred MH a good deal as the former is hungry for overseas partners and the latter is still in a fragile financial state. In contrast, virtually all overseas carriers have interline deals with QF due to AN's collapse. It is without a doubt that the status quo will continue to be rocked (apart from oneworld airlines who'd still codeshare on QF of course) if DJ continues on improving its offerings, and QF decides that it can get away with handing route after route over to JQ and becoming pretty much a virtual airline, except maybe on the Cityflyer routes which include cities on both ends that most overseas carriers serve anyway.

The Lounge is now open in ADL.

Hopefully next thing that MH will do is tie up with Air NZ on some Domestic Routes in NZ..

Nah, I would rather hope for Pacific Blue to fly domestically in NZ and then tie up with MAS.

I wonder if the DJ & MAS tie-up means we can now hop on to Pacific Blue flights and then travel out of Aussie to KUL??? If so, it will be a bonus but may mean further deterioration to the KUL-AKL direct flights!!!

The Lounge is now open in ADL.

Awesome - and a few other airports are going to have The Lounge soon I imagine? I hope CBR will be next as I go there often.

Nah, I would rather hope for Pacific Blue to fly domestically in NZ and then tie up with MAS.

I wonder if the DJ & MAS tie-up means we can now hop on to Pacific Blue flights and then travel out of Aussie to KUL??? If so, it will be a bonus but may mean further deterioration to the KUL-AKL direct flights!!!

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/...aysia-7792.html

More information can be sought there if anyone's interested. Sign up and ask away. I imagine a.net would have information on it too.

It is not clear which routes the interline agreement covers; I imagine only Australian routes are in the deal atm, if this phrase from the Oz's article is indicative of anything: "...and gives the Australian carrier access to 47 MAS flights a week into five Australian cities."

Edited by Keith T

Yup, no further info about which routes they're both working on at the moment. Anyone does?

My guess and interpretation of the news is that MH flies from Malaysia (KUL only?) to Australia (SYD, PER, MEL, ADL, BNE) and DJ takes pax on and beyond the Australian cities. Literally, MH should be selling DJ tix; how about DJ? Selling MH tix from Aus-Mas?

Yup, no further info about which routes they're both working on at the moment. Anyone does?

My guess and interpretation of the news is that MH flies from Malaysia (KUL only?) to Australia (SYD, PER, MEL, ADL, BNE) and DJ takes pax on and beyond the Australian cities. Literally, MH should be selling DJ tix; how about DJ? Selling MH tix from Aus-Mas?

Most tickets would be issued on the long haul carrier's stock, ie MH's. That's been my experience at least. I mean, could you imagine DJ advertising fares to KUL or PEN when most of the journey is performed by MH?

And typical of MH's inefficiency, there's nothing about this tie-up on its website but MH is frontpage on DJ's Velocity FFP website.

OH!! MH has a website??!! :rolleyes: B) :rofl:

Does anyone know if this DJ/MH cooperation also include their trans-Tasman routes i.e. SYD/MEL/BNE-CHC, BNE-AKL and BNE-WLG? or is it just limited to Australia domestic?

Edited by Keno Omar

Ok, wait a minutes.. I need some explaination

QF - Qantas

DJ - ??

ST - ??

JQ - ??

Aight, Idham needs a time out!! :pardon:

QF - Qantas

DJ - Virgin Blue

ST - ??

JQ - Jet Star

Does anyone know if this DJ/MH cooperation also include their trans-Tasman routes i.e. SYD/MEL/BNE-CHC, BNE-AKL and BNE-WLG? or is it just limited to Australia domestic?

Thats what I have been asking too, seems nobody has any answer to this one. So we shall wait and see. ;)

I certainly hope so, it makes Australia accessible for us or vice versa. CX has been doing the trans-Tasman routes thru Qantas flights.

Edited by S V Choong

We know that MH will be an airline partner for Velocity but what about DJ ? Will they become an airline partner with Enrich as well ? No mention of that anywhere.

Wow, DJ, the Air Asia in Australia.

What I've heard, far better service and seat-pitch than AK ;) ; maybe, we should say: Air Berlin of Australia ? :p

What I've heard, far better service and seat-pitch than AK ;) ; maybe, we should say: Air Berlin of Australia ? :p

BOB food though. AFAIK, AB has complimentary meals?

I don't mind BOB food, so long as there are nice lounges and assigned seating. :D (and optimal use of aerobridges!!)

Yeah, you're right. Should be Air Berlin of Australia but DJ doesn't serve complimentary foods inflight.

BOB food though. AFAIK, AB has complimentary meals?

I don't mind BOB food, so long as there are nice lounges and assigned seating. :D (and optimal use of aerobridges!!)

AB has complimentary meals (no choice), but, have lately also introduced BOB 'Gourmet meals' for 7 Euros...these look really nice and are catered by a 'famous' caterer from Austria...

Pre-assigned seating only for Silver- and Gold members of their FFP...

Assigned seating, though, done at check-in...

AFAIK, no lounge access, Keith :(

AFAIK, no lounge access, Keith :(

Time AB became the Virgin Blue of Europe then. :p

DJ's lounges cannot be accessed through frequent flyer status though - anyone can pay to enter. But I think they might move towards the mixed FFP status-entry/pay for membership model like the Qantas Clubs or UA RCCs once they shift into phase 2 of the Velocity program - introducing status levels.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this