MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohamad Othman

Journey to the final resting

Hello guys. Recently, I lost one of my best friends here in Minnesota, USA when she involved in a road accident. FYI, she was one of 9 people in my group who were sent by Petronas to study Geology in the US. Since her death, we, the Malaysians students and officers here in Minnesota are trying so hard to bring her body back to Malaysia as soon as possible. After dealing with all sort of documents needed to transfer her body, we finally managed to book the flight ticket this morning. The flight schedule is as shown below:

Departs MSP 3.15 p.m (8/24/2006 - THURSDAY) - Northwest Flight # 42

Arrives Amsterdam 6.30 a.m (8/25/2006)

Departs Amsterdam 9.00 a.m (8/25/2006) - KLM Flight # 809

Arrives Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2.40 p.m (8/26/2006 - SATURDAY)

I'm just asking if any of you guys happened to be at the airport for the plane spotting to take some pictures of those aircraft. I hope our Uncle Pieter can give some more details about the flights as they are code shared between KLM and NWA (MSP-AMS) and (AMS-KUL). Any info about the flight, update, pics or anything about the flights are most welcomed. I will greatly appreciated that. Al-Fatihah(for muslims) for her and may God bless her to her final journey.

-mush-

Edited by mush

Hello guys. Recently, I lost one of my best friends here in Minnesota, USA when she involved in a road accident. FYI, she was one of 9 people in my group who were sent by Petronas to study Geology in the US. Since her death, we, the Malaysians students and officers here in Minnesota are trying so hard to bring her body back to Malaysia as soon as possible. After dealing with all sort of documents needed to transfer her body, we finally managed to book the flight ticket this morning. The flight schedule is as shown below:

Sorry to hear about this, Mush. For a young person to meet the end in a foreign land so far away from family and friends, is always a tragedy. But your group should be proud that you were her last friends, who also brought her home to her kins.

Al-Fatihah ...

IPB Image

For our non-Muslim friends' info, it is customary for Muslims to offer Al-Fatihah, the first chapter in the Quran, as prayer gift for the departed. The script above roughly translates into:

1. In the name of Allah, The Most Affectionate, the Merciful.

2. All praise unto Allah, Lord of all the worlds.

3. The most Affectionate, The Merciful.

4. Master of the Day of Requital.

5. We worship You alone, and beg You alone for help.

6. Guide us in the straight path.

7. The path of those whom You have favoured. Not of those who have earned Your anger and nor of those who have gone astray.

Thanks.

.naim

Truly sad news :( , may she rest in Peace.............

x2..truly..sad and may she rest in peace :(

Departs Amsterdam 9.00 a.m (8/25/2006) - KLM Flight # 809

Arrives Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2.40 p.m (8/26/2006 - SATURDAY)

Mush,

1st of all: my sincerest condolences with the loss of your friend !

That she may rest in peace !!!

Had a peep into the above schedule, as you requested any information available:

NW0042 arr 25/08 at 0630 will continue to BOM at 1025 and will be operated by DC-10-30; no registration and/or gate available as yet.

KL0809 dep 25/08 at 2100 (not 0900) and the planned aircraft sofar will be PH-BFR; no gate available as yet.

This will provide for a long transit-time, but, rest assured, Schiphol Airport has excellent facilities for these special cases.

I'll try to make some pictures of the aircraft concerned, for, as you can see by my signature, I'll be flying a day-trip AMS-OSL-AMS on 25/08 and might be able to see both the NW and KL aircraft concerned on that day.

Please, remain strong, and do know we'll all be thinking of you and the relatives of the deceased.

KL0809 dep 25/08 at 2100 (not 0900) and the planned aircraft sofar will be PH-BFR; no gate available as yet.

Thanks to Uncle Pieter for your info and also the rest who read my message. Just to share with you all guys.

Two main objectives that we are trying to achieve in this case are: 1st - to prepare her body before the funeral and 2nd - to send her body back as soon as possible. Realising the current situation at the US major airports, we have decided to put her body in the international flight right away from Minneapolis/St Paul International Airport instead of going to either LAX of Newark to get MH flights. We afraid that the airport authorities might want to open the casket for some confirmation or anything which might not be helpful to preserve her body. There are two possible options available; MSP-NRT-SIN (NW) and MSP-AMS-KUL(NW/KLM). For the 1st option, the final arrival will be at SIN as there is no NW flight to KUL. So it turns out that the 2nd option is much better although it will take longer time.

After receiving all necessary documents, we proceed with the flight ticket and at first we thought that this will be easy as one officer from the malaysian embassy will be following the casket and he can help to assure everything. Then, we were told by the funeral home that the casket (which will go to the cargo compartment of the flights) required 36 hours of notification before the flight. This is to ensure that every parties involved between the flights are well informed (ground workers, management etc). So the funeral home came out with this flight itinerary and we were not so happy at first because we need to wait a few more days. And also this isn't good especially considering her family which is still waiting for a long time. But after speaking to other people and everybody gave their opinions, we finally agree with this plan: MSP-AMS-KUL(NW/KLM).

Guys, lets pray that this long journey will be smooth without any difficulties. BTW, tomorrow morning, we here are allowed to follow the casket to the cargo check in area at the MSP airport. Thank you for your concern and morale supports.

-mush-

Edited by mush

Is this her story?

Victim of fatal bike crash was U student from Malaysia

Last update: August 21, 2006 – 11:32 PM

A University of Minnesota international student who was killed last week when she turned her bicycle into the path of a pickup truck has been identified as Abidah Adam, 20, of Minneapolis.

The accident occurred about 6:40 a.m. Thursday at University and Washington Avenues SE., Minneapolis police said. Adam, who was from Malaysia, rode in front of the truck when she attempted to turn onto Washington, police said.

She wasn't wearing a helmet. The Hennepin County medical examiner's office said Monday that she died from head injuries.

There are no indications of criminal driving violations, police said.

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/627618.html

yes

So she has been a dead a week today. Hence the urgency to get the burial done as soon as possible.

Sorry to hear that, mush. May she R.I.P. and condolences to friends and families.

All the best with the transfer back to Malaysia.

Mush,

Just for your info:

NW0042 arr AMS 25aug now changed to A330 - registration shown as N809NW

KL0809 arr KUL 26aug (dep 25aug/2100) still shown as PH-BFR

My deepest condolence to her family and friends... I am sorry for the lose, Mush!

The sidedness difference of ongoing traffic between US and Malaysia is not good...

Off-topic: Mush, you at University of Minnesota? May I ask if you know Asraf from Perak? PM me. Thanks!

reminds me of my relative who died in USA more than 10 years ago...the same thing happened to her...from my limited knowledge those who died in the course of obtaining knowledge can be considered as "syahid"...free from all sins like a newborn baby..Innalillah wainnailaihi raji'un...

I wonder why such accidents always involve students...? Could it be the sidedness of traffic as I mentioned? US roads are wide and that adds to confusion...

Be extra careful, next time, everyone... Think before you cross... Remind yourself...

I wonder why such accidents always involve students...? Could it be the sidedness of traffic as I mentioned? US roads are wide and that adds to confusion...

Drunk driver or don't care attitude, her death cuz from head injuries, if she wear a helmet, will save her life( it's a law to wear helmet, this situation will play against her)

There is no need to put blame for her loss.

She is gone, and may her soul rest in peace.

All our thoughts are with her family and friends at this time.

Sign in to follow this