MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ignatius

Can someone identify this aircraft

Hi guyz... went to spot after work as it was sunny then on the 14th July.. and this contrail surprises me... Snapped it and was trying to figure out which airline it was.. and I went clueless.. should have a bigma with me... It looks like a B767 can't say for sure.. anyone can lend a hand here? It was flying from kalimantan direction going up north to maybe say Taiwan or Hong Kong or somewhere CHina?? I dunno.. It's really rare to see contrails over here.. so I am really curious to know bout this one here.. Nick.... this is the shot taken when i called u bout it :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

:good: Cheers

Aiyoyo! Iggy! Can't help you on this one.

Too small for my eyes. It does look like a A330 with the winglets. :lol:

Look like A330 to me... maybe from Jakarta or Australia ??:unknw:

Maybe from Jakarta.. I didn't know of existing Australian routes that go all the way north without pit stopping Singapore or KuL :D Could be A330.. but which airline? curious.. damn curious..

Looks like an A330 with Rolls Royce powerplants, and given the colour, my diagnosis would be CX, probably CGK-HKG.

Exactly what I was gonna say: looks like CX 'bottom' colours to me :p

Looks like CX, could be from Bali (Denpasar). Perth or Jakarta.

Long contrails though!

When I was in Sabah, I used to see CXs tristar cruising above my house.

Edited by S V Choong

I c.. thanks guys... I didnt know CX would fly overhead Kch hehe.. At first I thought it was a China Airlines.. but it doesnt seem right.. CX.. well it does fit in.. :drinks: thanks again.. and yup.. long contrail it was~~!!! :blink:

Looks like CX, could be from Bali (Denpasar). Perth or Jakarta.

Long contrails though!

You can rule PER out, as the PER track is overhead DPS the north from there. So DPS is probably out as well. On top of that, no CX flight out of PER on 14th, its a QF day.

I c.. thanks guys... I didnt know CX would fly overhead Kch hehe.. At first I thought it was a China Airlines.. but it doesnt seem right.. CX.. well it does fit in.. :drinks: thanks again.. and yup.. long contrail it was~~!!! :blink:

Iggy,

If you provide us with a date and time-range, we might be able to check ACARS and look for airline-registration there B)

Iggy,

If you provide us with a date and time-range, we might be able to check ACARS and look for airline-registration there B)

Welll it was flying overhead WBGG on the 14th at aproximately 430pm hope that helps.. :good: :help:

Welll it was flying overhead WBGG on the 14th at aproximately 430pm hope that helps.. :good: :help:

:sorry: Iggy, no joy for CX0718/CX0786 or QF0067 :sorry:

Now its really curious who's the operator for this A330?? :help:

It's TG!!!!!! :clapping:

What makes you think so ?

how about G(ood)A(nd)R(eliable)U(nder)D(utch)A(dministration) ??? :rofl:

Iggy, at BKI always can see a lot of contrail. :p :D almost few a day. :lol: and last time Dante told me that many flight which pass through Sabah will use the VOR of BKI as a 'check point??', can't remember well alreayd. :D :( btw, i got no idea of the aircraft that u took. :p

I made a few visual research of A330 bellies.. and found out that it is actually a China Airlines hehehe.. solve the problem ... If u see carefully the nose area is white.. so is CI's, and the belly part near the main wings is abit purple/blueish.. so is CI.. walaaa.. CI it is hehe.. :p Correct me if i am wrong :blink:

Hello guys,this is my first post here although I'm a regular visitor to this site. :lol:

Just wanted to share some info about the aircraft that flew over Kch on the 14th of July.

That aircraft is actually an Airbus A333 beloging to the China Airlines that operating the Taipei-Jakarta-Taipei sector(CI677/678).Other than that,there is also a Cathay Pacific flight(CX776),Hong Kong-Jakarta-Hong Kong, that flew over Kch during the same time.Both of them are flying towards BKI VOR.

Beside that,there is also a SIA flight(SQ181/182)that flew in the morning and a Japan Airlines(forgot the flight number :D )that flew at midnight.You can actually listen to the sound of the aircraft engines when it flew over,TRUST ME B) (not that loud lah) ,around the BDC and 3th Mile area(kch people will know this place).

From where that I know all these things is that I got a radio scanner.

For the info, I'm from Kch currently studying in Shah Alam.

I hope this will solve the "mystery" aircraft. :)

how about G(ood)A(nd)R(eliable)U(nder)D(utch)A(dministration) ??? rofl.gif

LOL, Pieter, I really like the acronyms for GARUDA!!! Your job is to go and save Garuda, make her good and reliable. :)

Edited by S V Choong

That aircraft is actually an Airbus A333 beloging to the China Airlines that operating the Taipei-Jakarta-Taipei sector(CI677/678).

Woo hoooo I got it right.. CI CI CI A333 :clapping: :clapping: Thanks Rayner... hey.. arent u the Rayner Nick and Del talked about? Woould love to meet u one day mate... Radio scanner? where u got that from? :D :drinks: Cheers to u...

Pieter.. I love your G A R U D A :good:

Hei Iggy,i think that you already met me.

Remember during the last week of june(Wednesday afternoon, i think)that you and Nick went spotting for the MH A333 and AK A320.I'm the person that driving the white Kancil that park at the back of your Arena that day.Didn't you remember???? :p

Hei Iggy,i think that you already met me.

Remember during the last week of june(Wednesday afternoon, i think)that you and Nick went spotting for the MH A333 and AK A320.I'm the person that driving the white Kancil that park at the back of your Arena that day.Didn't you remember???? :p

:D Thousand appologies.. hehe.. i do remember now heehee.. :lol:

What makes you think so ?

how about G(ood)A(nd)R(eliable)U(nder)D(utch)A(dministration) ??? :rofl:

Hahaha this one remains so funny lol :p

Sign in to follow this