MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
I. Wong

Fly Asian Xpress (FAX)

Between the ATR-72 & Q400, which one has better operating economics ?

Almost the same.

Q400 can take 1 extra tonne of payload than the ATR.

Q400 has has SLIGHTLY better range.

Will be a very interesting decision to witness.

New aircraft would perhaps help improve bottomline and efficiency of operations for FAX. but the Embraers are a whole new ball game given they are turbofans. The turboprops are probably the most likely selection. Howver, I wouldn't put anything past the decision makers! :D

If I were a FAX executive, I would choose the Bombardier Q400 :rofl: because it looks sleek (in my opinion- don't quote me on this one :D )

If FAX do buy Embrear etc., I'm pretty sure that they will not pay for the whole price, they might ask gov. to pay some because gov. playing a major role too, operating the rural air service. If this comes true, you guys might see me flying new planes in Borneo :p . Is there any propose to operate small jet size aircraft in between Peninsula? such as PEN-TGG/KBR? What's happen to Asmara..............last months we saw them boosting in local newspaper and net, what's the plan?

Waahh....FAX is considering ATR-72 & Q400? :o

Interesting news :lol:

Who knows,maybe they'll operating MKM-KCH using either of these turboprops besides than the DHT,as MKM runway had been upgraded.

If FAX do buy Embrear etc., I'm pretty sure that they will not pay for the whole price, they might ask gov. to pay some because gov. playing a major role too, operating the rural air service. If this comes true, you guys might see me flying new planes in Borneo :p . Is there any propose to operate small jet size aircraft in between Peninsula? such as PEN-TGG/KBR? What's happen to Asmara..............last months we saw them boosting in local newspaper and net, what's the plan?

Nah, gov not THAT nice :D hehehe I think they will buy them from FAX coffers but you're right, their ops are subsidised by the govt.

Edited by Sandeep G

Believe the F-50 should be replaced by ERJ-135, ERJ-145 or CRJ, which can be handled by all airports in Sabah and Sarwak except for RAS.

Believe regional jet fit Air Asia business model better than turboprop. If regional jet is successful in the USA or Europe, there is no reason why it shouldn’t in Malaysia especially high frequency is required between major towns.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Reason I chose the Bombardier Q400 (forgot to mention this earlier) is because it is very quiet (hence the "Q") and the passenger capacity is good :yahoo:

Who knows that maybe Bombardier will also offering CRJs to FAX,besides than the Q400?

I think maybe FAX will considering the Q400 instead of ATR-72-500 (Don't forget that the DHC-6 'Twin Otter' aircraft is produced by De Havilland Canada,which is now under Bombardier) :)

I think they are having an "Asthma-attack" with all that show-ponying in the media a few months back, maybe they ran out of "air" for a bit :D But for all intents and purposes, they are still going ahead with "phase 1" of their business model - which is operating F50 equipment on charter runs and some scheduled services to Sumatra, Southern Thailand and perhaps other parts of Indonesia within reach.

I think they are having an "Asthma-attack" with all that show-ponying in the media a few months back, maybe they ran out of "air" for a bit :D But for all intents and purposes, they are still going ahead with "phase 1" of their business model - which is operating F50 equipment on charter runs and some scheduled services to Sumatra, Southern Thailand and perhaps other parts of Indonesia within reach.

i find their phase 2 and phase 3 project a bit ambitious...IMO...

dunno why..the ERJ planes look funny to me...reminds me of Pteranodon... :D

What ever, I really hope FAX comes to Peninsular Malaysia... and operate F50 between PEN-KBR. I will be a frequent traveller then on this route. If they operate the DHC6 on this route, then I'll be more frequent as in every weekend! :D

BTW guys, did you notice that AK will operate a KUL(LCCT) to Mulu in Sarawak starting January? Can Mulu accept B737/A320? Anyway, it will definitely boost the Mulu tourism industry further.

Edited by Fitri Shukri

What ever, I really hope FAX comes to Peninsular Malaysia... and operate F50 between PEN-KBR. I will be a frequent traveller then on this route. If they operate the DHC6 on this route, then I'll be more frequent as in every weekend! :D

BTW guys, did you notice that AK will operate a KUL(LCCT) to Mulu in Sarawak starting January? Can Mulu accept B737/A320? Anyway, it will definitely boost the Mulu tourism industry further.

thats a code sharing with FAX Airlines...here's the news..

AirAsia to fly to Mulu with FAX

Beginning December 1, AirAsia is set to fly to Mulu, Sarawak. This latest effort by the airline is in line with efforts to support Visit Malaysia Year 2007 by code-sharing with Fly Asian Xpress (FAX) to cater to this destination.

Tony Fernandes, Group Chief Executive Officer, said, "Mulu Caves accessible via Miri has long posed great tourism potential and we feel that this is the time to bring this forward and create greater awareness for regional and international visitors as well as Malaysians.

"By collaborating with FAX, our guests will be able to fly to Miri with our aircraft and reach Mulu with FAX to experience the world's largest natural rock chamber. We are very proud to make this announcement as Visit Malaysia Year 2007 is just around the corner and the code share will enable guests the convenience of exploring Mulu and Sarawak at affordable fares."

This is the first ever code share arrangement concluded by AirAsia and it has chosen FAX as its partner, which is currently the largest national carrier in East Malaysia serving major and rural cities within the two states.

YM Raja Mohd Azmi Raja Razali, Chief Executive Officer of FAX, said "In conjunction with Visit Malaysia Year 2007, we are committed to ensure the growth of tourism in Sabah and Sarawak, and as such happy to announce this smart partnership with AirAsia. This collaboration serves as a platform for FAX to tap into the ever growing passenger base of AirAsia and provide easy, hassle-free connectivity to routes serviced by FAX."

Guests can book online to Mulu at www.airasia.com to enjoy a special introductory fare starting from RM29.99 one-way to Mulu. This special fare is available for five booking days between November 20 to 24 for travel period between January 8 to February 8, 2007.

From Borneo News

Hmm...i've almost forgot about the KUL-MZY (via MYY) route which will be operated by AK and D7..Interesting

It depends on Mulu Airport's runway length :)

It depends on Mulu Airport's runway length :)

Mulu runway is capable for STOL operations.So,turboprops such as F50,Dash-8 and ATR-72 could touch down at MZY.

This is the first ever code share arrangement concluded by AirAsia and it has chosen FAX as its partner, which is currently the largest national carrier in East Malaysia serving major and rural cities within the two states.

YM Raja Mohd Azmi Raja Razali, Chief Executive Officer of FAX, said "In conjunction with Visit Malaysia Year 2007, we are committed to ensure the growth of tourism in Sabah and Sarawak, and as such happy to announce this smart partnership with AirAsia. This collaboration serves as a platform for FAX to tap into the ever growing passenger base of AirAsia and provide easy, hassle-free connectivity to routes serviced by FAX."

Duh! Its a no-brainer.. :huh:

I mean who else are they gonna collaborate with :nea:

Duh! Its a no-brainer.. :huh:

I mean who else are they gonna collaborate with :nea:

MAS! *Laugh Histerically* :p :rofl: :rofl:

Guys,

Just browsed through yesterday's newspaper (Borneo Post 20/01/2007),and i've found something interesting:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fly Asian Xpress (FAX) is currently looking for suitably-qualified candidates to fill in the following positions:

*Technical Service Engineer

*Technical Publication Officer

*Planning Executive

*Planning Officer

*Supply Officer

*Reliability Engineer/Executive

*Data Entry Clerk-Reliability

*Aircraft Engineers

*Quality Assurance Inspector

*Technical Record Supervisor

*Technicians

All the application must be submitted (together with a full resume with certified true copies of all certificates,a copy of NRIC,and non-returnable passport sized photograph in an envelope,clearly stating the applied position on the top left hand corner of the envelope) to:

People Department,

Fly Asian Xpress Sdn Bhd,

Lot GL 20,Ground Floor,

Airport Main Terminal Building,

Miri Airport,

98000 Miri,

Sarawak.

Or email to:fax_jobs@flyasianxpress.com

Closing date for application:27th January 2007.Only successful candidates will be notified.

Extra notes:All positions are based at City of Miri,Sarawak.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So,anybody interested? I'm trying my luck to apply for the Planning Executive.Hope they will accept my application.