MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
W Goh

Changi International, 19 May 2006

The title says it all! Went first to Terminal 1, but I'm unsure if this is the only viewing mall there. I remembered there was one that overlooked the runway and you can see planes landing. But anyway, here are the pics:

Taken from the freeway on the way to Changi International.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Further along the freeway there was some sort of overhead pedestrian bridge where you can get a clearer view of the airplane 'flyover'. Nose shot tribute to Bro Azahan:

IPB Image

IPB Image

From the viewing mall:

JetStar Asia A320

IPB Image

China Airlines 738

IPB Image

Vietnam Airlines A321. Could've sworn I saw a B757 at first!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lion Air 734

IPB Image

Then I saw this in the distance. My first thought: 707 controlled by fighter pilots? Made a tight looking turn before landing on 20R (correct me on the runway if I'm wrong):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Blow-up. Looked something like a KC-135 tanker if you ask me

IPB Image

CXs for Sneeze

IPB Image

IPB Image

My favorite A345. Too bad about the light posts

IPB Image

Then I saw another plane making a tight looking bend before landing on the other runway (20C?). It's an unmarked...Fokker!?

IPB Image

The following pics aren't really clear cos the planes were landing on the other runway and zoom tak cukup. EK for Imran:

IPB Image

SQ 744

IPB Image

Quickly followed by another SQ 744

IPB Image

Our neighbours

IPB Image

Malaysia sends her representative

IPB Image

Which livery do you prefer?

IPB Image

IPB Image

And that was it from the viewing mall. Next stop, Changi beach!

Thanks, Bro W Goh

Very nice CX T7, Love it so much

Just for you reference, as Kewk told as before,

the view mall just paralle to the runway, has been closed just after the Airshow.

and will be a lounge for EK.

Part 2 - Shots taken from the park at Changi beach, with a clear view of planes coming in for finals

First shot at the beach. Still trying to find the spotting 'G-spot' at this stage. CX sure sends in a variety of planes to SIN don't they, Sneeze? B773, A340 and now B747.

IPB Image

Then found somewhere close enough. The lighting made the planes appear dark though. AirAsia Thai

IPB Image

Yangtze River Airlines

IPB Image

Air India A310. I understand they are ex-SIA?

IPB Image

KLM for our resident Dutchman Pieter. Shame I couldn't get the rego. Would really love to find out what city this bird was named after.

IPB Image

Changed spot to see the planes fly overhead. Kind of screwed up nose shot from a different angle. This is Garuda's A333

IPB Image

She was landing in a crosswind. Look at those flaps

IPB Image

EK got red belly, JetStar got orange belly!

IPB Image

China Airlines A333. I found out from airliners.net that this is one of their newest birds

IPB Image

Fisheye? I wish! The same China Airlines A333

IPB Image

TG A300 HS-TAZ

IPB Image

Head on with Biman Bangladesh's A310

IPB Image

Lufthansa, always one of my personal favorites. This is D-ABVW, 'Wolfsburg'

IPB Image

IPB Image

More Garuda birds. PK-GZM

IPB Image

Followed by PK-Golf Golf Golf

IPB Image

And as if to prove my eyes were not playing tricks earlier, a Fokker flew in! This one was also unmarked. Who says you can only see them in East Malaysia! :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Qantas. Something you don't see in Malaysia I believe

IPB Image

IPB Image

And finally, while waiting at the bus stop before going home, SilkAir's baby bus

IPB Image

Thanks, Bro W Goh

Very nice CX T7, Love it so much

Just for you reference, as Kewk told as before,

the view mall just paralle to the runway, has been closed just after the Airshow.

and will be a lounge for EK.

Ah, so that explains it. Thanks, Sneeze!

You are welcome

Well, last summer when I was onboard CX for my trip to SIN

I travelled with my first ever A343 (B-HXJ) as well as my first Airbus ride.

and was back to HKG by (B744) - B-HUA

And finally, what would a trip to Changi be without SQs? This is Part 3, my tribute to Bro LeeCH and his amazing story about being a pilot. :drinks:

9V-SRC

IPB Image

Followed by...9V-SRD! What a coincidence!

IPB Image

9V-SQA

IPB Image

9V-SQI

IPB Image

9V-SQH

IPB Image

IPB Image

As usual, any comments, advice, tips, etc for improvement of my photography skills would be much appreciated.

You are welcome

Well, last summer when I was onboard CX for my trip to SIN

I travelled with my first ever A343 (B-HXJ) as well as my first Airbus ride.

and was back to HKG by (B744) - B-HUA

An interesting mix I must say. But it certainly was fun catching 3 different types of CX birds on one day.

woah woah....spotting like a pro..

Picture quality is good.... Maybe once you hit lottery you could move over to the dark side.

WGoh, remember when u always complaint u chopped off the nose, or the tail.. of whole plane not in the frame.. this time.. u got them all perfectly... Cheers to your KODAK bro :drinks: .. If u need to change to the darkside anytime soon.. feel free to ask me out shopping haha :clapping: :good: I'll be glad enough to see your darkside smile coming out..

You seem to be enjoying everybit of your semester break ehh :yahoo:

Goh, your "Head on with Biman Bangladesh's A310" reminds me of A.net's banner :D

good shots from the beach... keep it up!

Thanks for your comments, guys!

Iggy: Darkside? Lol...not so soon. Wanna get D50 also not enough money. Be assured though you'll be seeing a Darkside smile the moment I get my hands on one. Kodak? That one backside, haha...

Hey there Goh,

Weren't you troubled by the police?

I understand that spotters arent exactly welcomes by the authorities in Singapore...

Imran StormTrooper, Goh is my apprentice haha. I teach him the darkside of the force.. so he can easily manipulate the minds of the pitiful authorities... right Goh.. just use the force.. (I am not a spotter.. I am not a spotter, go on with your own business.. scumss haha) :lol:

Hey there Goh,

Weren't you troubled by the police?

I understand that spotters arent exactly welcomes by the authorities in Singapore...

Well I understand from this forum and some sites I looked up that the authorities don't like folks standing at the roadside taking pics or poking their cameras through the perimeter fence, which was why I chose not to do so and head directly to the beach. Nobody stopped me and didn't see any cops there, so just snap snap snap la...

And yes...Master Iggy has definitely taught me well too! :p

Goh, not me, its you who have talent and the heart to learn what you and your camera can do with planes hehe.. the force is strong with you.. :good:

wah.... Goh... lots and lots and lots...!! Enjoyed them very much...!!

Shots are good too...!!!

Thanks for sharing them...

Waaaah... A Lot of Pic From Changi.. Thank you For Sharing.. :good:

wah,theshot is very nice,goh.

which runway is it utilise on that day?it seems that both runway are used for landing simultaneously,aren't it?

Does the viewing mall have been closed since all your shot is from the non-facing runway side?

where is the place that you mean facing the runway in 1st post?

............... don't like folks standing at the roadside taking pics or poking their cameras through the perimeter fence, which was why I chose not to do so and head directly to the beach.................

last time when I was in SIN, i took my shots along the perimeter garden, the army found out me there and noticed me, luckily they follow my lens' direction and at last got know I was taking photos of aircrafts. And finaly I got on a bus and leave. :p

which runway is it utilise on that day?it seems that both runway are used for landing simultaneously,aren't it?

Does the viewing mall have been closed since all your shot is from the non-facing runway side?

where is the place that you mean facing the runway in 1st post?

Yup, both runways were used for landings on that day. This place I meant facing the runway has been closed according to Sneeze, so I'm just stuck with the viewing mall that wasn't facing the runway. But wait...does that mean Changi used to have 2 viewing galleries? :huh:

KLM for our resident Dutchman Pieter. Shame I couldn't get the rego. Would really love to find out what city this bird was named after.

IPB Image

KL0837/0838 in- & out of SIN on 19may06 was operated by PH-BFV ;)