MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

SQ's first A380 (9V-SKA)

This A380 was seen leaving Toulouse for its flight to Hamburg for fitting cabin furnishings and fuselage painting. It will wear 9V-SKA - this no. was re-cycled from SQ's 743 (which entered into service in 1983 and subsequently sold). After Hamburg, it will return to Toulouse for acceptance testing by SQ and hopefully will enter service by end of this year.

Pic from mr.FrenchFrog

IPB Image

Edited by Denny Yen

A really beautiful fat ugly plane! :yahoo:

Thanks for the pix Denny, I really can't wait for the interior pixs :drinks:

Thanks Denny, thats a real scarebus

I think the SIA logo could have been a bit smaller for the engines.

Please no billboard titles.

the billboard title will make the plane look stubby...

yeah..cant wait for the seat arrangement...which one will come first?

their A380 or 777-300ER?

thx in advance!

More pics here, at higher 1204pix or more. These were new taken only last week in Toulouse. The billboard fonts are SQ's official version as per the model displayed at the heart of Changi's departure level.

IPB Image

Edited by Denny Yen

Thank goodness they seem to have removed that silly, out of proportion white band at the base of the vertical stab. Near naked but already looking classy !

I think the SIA logo could have been a bit smaller for the engines.

Please no billboard titles.

And judging from the picture, i don't think we'll see a new livery from SQ. The current SQ livery already classy and gorgeous, so why bother to introduce a new one ?

the billboard title will make the plane look stubby...

yeah..cant wait for the seat arrangement...which one will come first?

their A380 or 777-300ER?

thx in advance!

If i'm not mistaken the 77W will enter service first. The SQ 77W seat capacity is less than 300 seats :o :o , if my memory serves me correctly. And 34" of pitch for EY (both SQ 77W and 380) :p :p

Thank goodness they seem to have removed that silly, out of proportion white band at the base of the vertical stab.

MSN060 and MSN010 still has that. Unless they paint over that part, it raises the speculation that the first ship might have a special livery.

it raises the speculation that the first ship might have a special livery.

Wouldn't be surprise if it is. It looks like a strong case of having a special livery.

Edited by S V Choong

it raises the speculation that the first ship might have a special livery.

Does adding the words "First to fly the A380" to the side of the fuselage count as special livery? As per DW's SQ A380 released recently, they have these wordings on both sides just aft of the flightdeck.

Does adding the words "First to fly the A380" to the side of the fuselage count as special livery? As per DW's SQ A380 released recently, they have these wordings on both sides just aft of the flightdeck.

I'm thinking in the lines of 'Tropical Megatop', 'Hibiscus', 'Heliconia', 'Wanula/Nalanji Dreaming' as a special livery. Adding the 'First to fly' to the regular livery don't count in my opinion. They's just special decals. :pardon:

If i'm not mistaken the 77W will enter service first. The SQ 77W seat capacity is less than 300 seats :o :o , if my memory serves me correctly. And 34" of pitch for EY (both SQ 77W and 380) :p :p

EK cram in like 400 on their High Density 77W... :shok: :shok:

Sign in to follow this