MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Yii

National Geographic Channel's Air Crash Investigation

i saw the JL123 episode yesterday as well.It looked so real and the graphic was so nice.

The 4 survivors was really a miracle.There was only 4 survivors out of approximately 500 passengers.

In my opinion,if the helicopter made a stop when they find the crash site and start to rescue,the death toll will not be that high.It had just so sad that they were not going for help and waited after one day then only start to rescue for survivors.

The production has always been fantastic, and the performance was really good, coupled with the awesome rendering of how the events took place. It goes to show that maintenance of this airplanes are so important, and I can't believe they didn't take all previous aspects into consideration. Didn't Boeing recommend that it should only fly 1000 times (or 10,000 times?) after the repair? It flew more than 1200 times!

And yeah, it was so sad. It's a miracle that they actually survived the crash, and even bigger miracle that they survived the 14 HOURS wait. I still can't believe they didn't immediately search for survivors.

:cray:

Didn't Boeing recommend that it should only fly 1000 times (or 10,000 times?) after the repair? It flew more than 1200 times!

The show blames Boeing for shoddy repair job on the damaged bulkhead, and the Boeing investigation guy cried when he found that out. They used only one row of rivets instead of two, hence making the repaired portion weak.

.ny

They force you to learn Islamic History as well? :sorry: :huh: :huh:

Yeah!

i need to learn also. 3 topics of islamic history.

hmm i think i really hav to install astro asap lah dun wan to miss anymore show.... because now astro hav promotion rite ? Oni 199 and no installation fee :D

hmm i think i really hav to install astro asap lah dun wan to miss anymore show.... because now astro hav promotion rite ? Oni 199 and no installation fee :D

Sure, and can catch World Cup matches also, right? :D

IPB Image

Sorry for digressing. :)

.ny

Sure, and can catch World Cup matches also, right? :D

IPB Image

Sorry for digressing. :)

.ny

Agree with you,Naim :lol:

I missed the programme again. Checking astro website for the time of repeat.

I found this :

AIR CRASH INVESTIGATION

Channel: National Geographic(52)

Date: Sunday, May 21, 2006

Time: 10:00:00 PM

Synopsis:

Flight 811 cargo door opened suddenly. This caused 5 rows of seats and 9 passengers to be flanked out. Mayday investigates the cause of the tragedy.

I thought this week is JAL123?

Edited by Woei Shen

Hmm anyone watched Sunday's ACI?

Flight 811's cargo door just opened.. sigh.. sometimes sitting in front isn't a good thing.

Would you rather get sucked into the engine, or..... have a free fall into pacific ocean and drown. Hmm tough choice

Edited by Woei Shen

They force you to learn Islamic History as well? :sorry: :huh: :huh:

Should I say force? All are in syllabus, hence need to memorise all. :help:

I realise that 1GB of memory card isnt enough for 2 years of Sejarah(only)! :sorry:

Flight 811 and the suicide attack, both have been shown before. Especailly the suicide one, really horrible!

The suicide one? You mean the pilot himself shooting his colleagues using a .. speargun?

Looks really interesting, mustn't miss any single episod from now on.

Yeah, it was a marathon of trying to survive after the pilots were attached with all those weapons! Luckily the speargun was not shot!

Tonite episode (well later at 6pm, gonna rush home to watch) is the silly pilot who let his teenage son take control of the airplane! jeez...

Tuesday 23, 18:00, National Geographic + 1

Investigation into the liability of a Russian pilot who allowed his teenage son to take control of his Airbus plane. The chain of events that ensued saw the deaths of 70 people

Hmm Edwin you're not on Astro apparently :)

Its really amazing how the co-pilot maneuver the plane, with only one side of the body functioning.

Hmm Edwin you're not on Astro apparently :)

Its really amazing how the co-pilot maneuver the plane, with only one side of the body functioning.

Sorry - I'm not on Astro, currently overseas.

Yes, it was truly amazing, and this is where his air force experience came into real good use!

Another miracle was that the captain managed to land the DC10 with almost full fuel load. Wow such a heavy one with the cargo it carries.