MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Yii

National Geographic Channel's Air Crash Investigation

My mum thinks it's disturbing that I love traveling, yet am also a big fan of the Air Crash Investigation series... :pardon:

Will they show Panic Over the Pacific, Out of Sight, Fog of War, Deadly Disorientation & Ghost Plane?

Yes, these shows should be in Season 4, which will be shown in next 2-3 months over National Geographic on Astro. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayday_%28TV_series%29#Season_4

+++

The 4 episodes above are only for June. For remaining episodes of Season 4, see:

http://snipr.com/cd540fa652535f619d34652e591c6d38

Sorry, above link got corrupted. Try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayday_%28TV_series%29#Season_4

+++

Will Nat Geo ever made ACI series about the 9V-SPK Taipei incident or the MAS 732 crash in Tanjung Kupang.

I'm actually looking forward if they made an episode about Pan Am 759. The 727 plane crash shortly after take off because of windshear and killed everyone on board plus 8 on the ground. The crash site of this plane is less then a mile from my old house in New Orleans.

I also looking forward if they made about DL191. This Delta L-1011 crash at Dallas Fort Worth Airport because of microburst upon landing. One of my teacher who live in Houston was an eyewitness of this crash.

Azuddin

To all 'Air Crash Investigation' series fans,

Don't forget to watch tonight's episode-Falling from the sky

Wonder what will happen when a BA B747 flying through the volcano?

Don't forget to watch it!

is that the one in indonesia? did the engines could start again and they all made it safe right?? not sure now, read about it somewhere.... :pardon: have to go dig for my books again.

B)-->

QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Jun 12 2007, 04:03 PM) 114331[/snapback]
is that the one in indonesia? did the engines could start again and they all made it safe right?? not sure now, read about it somewhere.... :pardon: have to go dig for my books again.

Yup,you're right.Here's the info from Astro's website:

AIR CRASH INVESTIGATIONS

Channel: National Geographic(52)

Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Time: 9:00:00 PM

Synopsis:

With smoke-filled cabin and malfunctioned engines, will British Airways Flight 9 get to land in Perth, Australia on the fateful day of 24 June 1982?

Also on this week:

DATE TIME

12-Jun-2007 3:00:00 PM

13-Jun-2007 1:00:00 AM

I just realised I'm on the same flight number next month...BKK-SYD... :mellow:

then make sure you enjoy BKK lots and lots...

British Airways Flight 9, sometimes referred to as the Jakarta incident, was a scheduled British Airways flight from London Heathrow to Auckland, with stops in Bombay, Madras, Kuala Lumpur, Perth and Melbourne.

Wow, from London to Auckland with 5 stops...that's a killer. I wonder what the total flight time is.....

Hrmm... can't watch at 9pm... clash with my fav shows: 3lbs (ch7 8.30-9.30) and Ugly Betty (ch18 9.30-10.30) (ok i DO watch Ugly Betty (for Rebecca Romijn), and Desperate Housewives (Eva Longoria), and Grey's Anatomy (Catherine Heigl n yes, Kate Walsh), so what...good shows are not to be missed, right :D ).

I have to stay for 1am show... did that last week... all other additional screening times are inconvenience for me to watch.

So people, if you cant watch at 9pm tonight, wait for 1am show the same night.... or return from work early tomorrow to catch 3pm show (3pm if i'm not mistaken..)

From Wikipedia:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress."

I wish I can be that cool.

Hrmm... can't watch at 9pm... clash with my fav shows: 3lbs (ch7 8.30-9.30) and Ugly Betty (ch18 9.30-10.30) (ok i DO watch Ugly Betty (for Rebecca Romijn), and Desperate Housewives (Eva Longoria), and Grey's Anatomy (Catherine Heigl n yes, Kate Walsh), so what...good shows are not to be missed, right :D ).

I have to stay for 1am show... did that last week... all other additional screening times are inconvenience for me to watch.

So people, if you cant watch at 9pm tonight, wait for 1am show the same night.... or return from work early tomorrow to catch 3pm show (3pm if i'm not mistaken..)

should be coming mid-night, 1am. and the second replay is 3pm of next Tuesday, if i'm not mistaken. :) sometime some how they will replay it when weekend, but not that often la. :lol:

I was watching this over and over again few minutes ago. Love the drama by Nat Geo. RIP to the victims and condolences to the family & relatives involved.

Mid Air Collision (Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2937 and DHL Flight 611) at Uberlingen, Germany.

A split of a second just before impact.

PDVD_006.jpg

KABOOOMMMMM!!!!!!

PDVD_005.jpg

"The tail of the DHL clips the belly of the Tupolev, tearing it apart!"

PDVD_007.jpg

- Copyright by The National Geographic Channel

You get it from Australia Channel 7 leh.You get it from Australia Channel 7 leh.

Will Nat Geo ever made ACI series about the 9V-SPK Taipei incident or the MAS 732 crash in Tanjung Kupang.

I'm actually looking forward if they made an episode about Pan Am 759. The 727 plane crash shortly after take off because of windshear and killed everyone on board plus 8 on the ground. The crash site of this plane is less then a mile from my old house in New Orleans.

I also looking forward if they made about DL191. This Delta L-1011 crash at Dallas Fort Worth Airport because of microburst upon landing. One of my teacher who live in Houston was an eyewitness of this crash.

Azuddin

Hi newbie here. I am quite familiar with both accidents....the PAN AM one was from reading my old take off magazine...plane was headed for vegas and the captain was a very experianced pilot, i think he was a flight instructor...the 727 took off in heavy weather ...at bout 100 ft , it hit a wind shear and lost speed rapidly, stalled and crashed nose high in a residential area....back in 1982 , wind shear detection technology was non existance..

Now the second accident I remember very well as i was in the states back in '85... me and my family were flying in a Delta Tristar out of Dallas FW...still remember the flight as the stewardess handed me a small white plastic Tristar model as a souvenir...i remember a few weeks later , when i opened up the days newspaper and saw in the front page a large picture of an ugly, black ,charred tail section of an aircraft with a tail engine....and was shocked that it was a delta tristar, the same type we had flown earlier a few weeks back... :(

Eerie....RIP to all victims who perished in the deadly airborne collision -_-

The Bashkirin Airlines was delayed for a couple of days before that fateful flight. Onboard were a group of promising and talented Russian children on vacation to Spain. There is a memorial erected near the German border where the planes went down.

The Bashkirin Airlines was delayed for a couple of days before that fateful flight. Onboard were a group of promising and talented Russian children on vacation to Spain. There is a memorial erected near the German border where the planes went down.

Yup,i knew about it.The memorial was erected at Uberlingen,the place where both of the planes went down.

The www.geocities.com/apapele website cannot download anymore. :(