MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Yii

National Geographic Channel's Air Crash Investigation

My most neck-hair-raising moments with NGC ACI:

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's awful...even me and my nephews were so shocked to watched it.

Hmm anyone watched Tuesday's ACI?

Attack over Baghdad if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder where did the 2nd missile hit, missed that part.

The blurb reads:

This full-length documentary-based drama investigates the 1977 Los Rodeos Airport, Tenerife, collision of the Dutch KLM 747 and the taxiing Pan Am 747, where 583 people lost their lives in an intense fireball.

Not to be missed.

.ny

Guest Fendy

is this the same one as the 'seconds to disaster' one? if it is, i've seen it ten million times.

is this the same one as the 'seconds to disaster' one? if it is, i've seen it ten million times.

agree.... :angry: after so many time of repeat, now just change the name... :huh:

Saw the ad on TV, but again, watched this similar stuff before, but may be this on it will be more new stuff.............will watch it 4 sure :good:

isn't it about 2 aircraft lining up at runway and crash head to head ? because of foggy or sth like tat they canot see the front... and bout the walkie talkie tat makes them canot listen to wat the other side say ?? and crash one...

isn't it about 2 aircraft lining up at runway and crash head to head ? because of foggy or sth like tat they canot see the front... and bout the walkie talkie tat makes them canot listen to wat the other side say ?? and crash one...

em, IMO should not said lining up. coz the KLM, which the first enter the runway and back-tracking at the end of runway, and Pan AM, the second enter runway do the same thing. when KLM finish back-tracking, the captain set to full thrust before he got the clearer clearance for t/o. when the captain of KLM do this action, the Pan Am still on the middle runway, the captain still search for the entrance to the taxiway... then..... crash lor.... :D hope u can understand my poor english and poor story... :D

Edited by Sherman

Well, I've just finished watching it! And I think there are some difference between the one shown in NGC compare to the one shown in Discovering Channel.

Loved the way they potrayed the KLM captain ... esp when he told the crew to find those 4 missing passengers. They missed the tour guide tho ...

Just saw the replay at 2pm just now and I must say...sad & tragic :(

for those who missed it or wanna see it again:

19-Aug-2006 2:00:00 PM

20-Aug-2006 8:00:00 AM

Yeah managed to catch the 2pm replay.

Indeed it's sad and tragic. :(

When did this happen? I missed the 1st 10 minutes. In the 70s?

I remember seeing an Air France B777, CO B767 and KLM B744.. in the programme

Edited by Woei Shen