MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew K

MAS revamped their website?

Reservation process looks like the same old thing.

Yeah... Maybe It take Time to Upgrade that Application.. :lol:

the cosmatic and function not up to my standard. Do try use flash will make the entire site outstanding.

I have different view on this. Not everyone's PC is fast enough and not everyone has up-to-"your standard" PC. Moreover, not everyone bothers to download flash and install it. Many people out there still don't know what flash is and expect the PC to fully function without the need to install any add-ons. In fact, I have not seen many airlines keen to use flash on their website for various of reasons. I am sure their website designer know what flash is too, but using too much flash stuff could made it look like a "cheap" website rather than a classy one.

Nevertheless, MAS' new website has improved slightly and shall improve over a period of time.

Edited by S V Choong

Alittle bit improvement but still the same style/motive, now it look more horizontally and use more left space. Too much offers kinda look like it's a cheap airline. The girl(in the flash) at the front look much hotter than previous one, she's beautiful :wub: Good for advertising :)

7/10

I have different view on this. Not everyone's PC is fast enough and not everyone has up-to-"your standard" PC. Moreover, not everyone bothers to download flash and install it. Many people out there still don't know what flash is and expect the PC to fully function without the need to install any add-ons. In fact, I have not seen many airlines keen to use flash on their website for various of reasons. I am sure their website designer know what flash is too, but using too much flash stuff could made it look like a "cheap" website rather than a classy one.

Nevertheless, MAS' new website has improved slightly and shall improve over a period of time.

I agree that Flash should be kept at a minimal level, but for information purposes like Aircraft information, or destination routes, these are easiest to communicate via flash because of it's interactivity.

I agree that Flash should be kept at a minimal level, but for information purposes like Aircraft information, or destination routes, these are easiest to communicate via flash because of it's interactivity.

Yeah, agree with you there. :)

I still like CX and EVA the best because of 4 very important features:

1. Online check-in.

2. Online seat selection.

3. NotiFly SMS (CX only).

4. Sync with PDA (allows itenerary to be downloaded to your PDA) (CX only).

These features have saved my time, I can be at airport 45mins before flight (instead of the usual 2hrs/90mins). Also, they helped me to avoid the queue and I can self-print my boarding pass.

I still like CX and EVA the best because of 4 very important features:

1. Online check-in.

2. Online seat selection.

3. NotiFly SMS (CX only).

4. Sync with PDA (allows itenerary to be downloaded to your PDA) (CX only).

These features have saved my time, I can be at airport 45mins before flight (instead of the usual 2hrs/90mins). Also, they helped me to avoid the queue and I can self-print my boarding pass.

Am not sure if I like CX's website design, I don't feel it's as prestigious as, say, SQ website. SQ also allows online check in (flights from SQ), print boarding pass, and online seat selection as well.

The website, despite the recent cosmatic change, shows ineptitude on the part of MH, where it matters. The reservation section still shows period starting Jan06. Additionally one can normally book up to 330 days ahead but the website ends at Dec06.

Effectively, MH is refusing revenue from those who want to buy tickets travelling beyond Dec06. It looks silly especially when MH wants to get more revenue plus promote online ticketing.

i just give suggestion that flash to be used. But there are still alot of ways to make you website better than this rite. try to go SQ website. Their site looks much more better.

Anyway flash is just a way to improve some cosmatic. You dont need a fast computer to load the interface rite. There are also some scripts that make your site looks and work perfactly.

Try to look at the site below

http://events.airbus.com/A380/default1.aspx

This is what i call outstanding site. If I want fly any where I can also click on the map.

Zealich, I agree Airbus website looks cooler with all the flash thingy, even way better than Boeing since Boeing change their website with no flash a while ago. It's alright for MH to put some flash, but too much can be an eyesore(current one is fair). SIA website doesn't use flash at all, yet easier to find information than MH one..........but both website are a-o-k :drinks:

Hey Seth, Well Looking at What other People Said, maybe MAS Website isn't thta bad..Maybe it need's abit of touch up and Improvement in certain criteria's..Alot of Complaint abt other Airline's As Well..So not Much difference at The End of the day..But MAS should take this Web Site thing in MInd..It does Help them Fill up their Seats on a Flight..So Why can't MAS not do sumthing abt it then!!!!! :angry:

It would help if they re-write their booking engine using AJAX - that's what Google's Gmail uses. It's fast and serves its purpose!

Edited by K P Tnay

New updates I see...I love this pic a lot! :)

IPB Image

I do realize the new updated website days ago, the system work like it should be, a huge congratulation to them :good:

Nice pics of Ah Moi's but can't seem to get the flight schedule page :nea:

There goes my spotting schedule for the day !

Edited by Bing Chu

last week I try to book urgent flight online with 1hr b4 fight and the site serve me well...I try air asia an it is not working as they need 1 day...

that is what I need from a site with a good function...KUDOS MAS for that function...else me dont need to go home.

Any idea how one goes about to inform the webmaster of MH's site that some of the Silkair flights to/from KCH and BKI are listed as operated with 332's ? Two assumptions here :

1) Typo error, should read 320 or 322 ?

2) They give any attention to such things

BTW, I do not intend to send them an email - have never ever gotten a reply (well, did get a computer generated acknowledgement, but it doesn't count !)

Sign in to follow this