MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

Which MH plane model would you rather send away?

Which MH plane model would you rather send away?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. First choice

• B747
    • B777
    • A330
    • B737, Fokker 50 and/or Twin Otter
  2. 2. Second choice

• B747
    • B777
    • A330
    • B737, Fokker 50 and/or Twin Otter

Forget the 777-200LR.. go for the 787-8/9/10

by the time those birds roll out it will be late 2008 (For the -8 model) which will be about the time for MH's return to profitability, which will be the perfect time to have newer, efficient aircraft.

But then, the shape MH is in currently, can they even manage deposit/downpayment on any new equipment ? And if they do bring in new birds, will the improved economics operationally (eg more fuel efficient, lower maitenance) be enough to offset damper on the accounts (greater depreciation) so as not to derail MH's return to 'profitability' ? Much as we would like to see new birds in MH's colours, Mr Jala has a fine balancing act to conjure up - good luck !

SIA will beat us in term of fleet size anytime now!

SIA don't have any domestic route and can concentrate all route for international, no wonder the fleet size is bigger, even their plane is bigger (777 is their smallest).

For me,replace the Fokkers with the Dash-8! That goona look cool!

good idea, especially esing the long dash-8. ATR-82 is not bad either.

SIA don't have any domestic route and can concentrate all route for international, no wonder the fleet size is

It's all come down to how they manage the industry. I think airline with domestic service should have more planes.

I can't vote any..

If this poll ask what model should be adding in MAS fleet,

I'll choose B737-700

For me,replace the Fokkers with the Dash-8! That goona look cool!

hmm i think soon AK will take the rural area so MAS wont operating any F50 anymore?

hmm i think soon AK will take the rural area so MAS wont operating any F50 anymore?

Most probably. So far no statement has been released but there are insiders saying they going to phase out the F50. The pilots of F50 fleets may going up to B734, working for AK, working for airline (Hornbill, Sabah air, Berjaya, etc) that going to takeover the F50 routes that B734/A320 unable to land or worst case scenario; retrench.

Everybody in the F50 fleet are worrying and they have no clue what's coming for them. Just hope good things comes for them.

Eitherway, sad to see F50 go. Try to get as much pix n vids as possible before she leave Malaysian soil for good.

if for me, i prefer if there's a subsidy airline that will take them, maybe a good name such as Malaysia Express or Malaysia Regional or Malaysia Connection. It's owned by other local airline but operates for the major carrier.

This is actually done by Continental. back in 1995 when CO down for bancruptcy, CO sold Continental Express and Continental Connection to ExpressJet Service. You may see some ERJ-145 0r 135 fly around houston in Continental color, actually they are not owned by Continental. ExpressJets operated for them. Same as Delta who has ASA to operate Delta Connection. Mesa Air operate America West Express and United Express.

I also thinking that breaking up the airine could be a good idea for financial. which means one airline but run by two.

ie:

Snowflake- part of SAS

TED- Part of United

Song- part of Delta

Jazz- Part of Air Canada

if for me, i prefer if there's a subsidy airline that will take them, maybe a good name such as Malaysia Express or Malaysia Regional or Malaysia Connection. It's owned by other local airline but operates for the major carrier.

This is actually done by Continental. back in 1995 when CO down for bancruptcy, CO sold Continental Express and Continental Connection to ExpressJet Service. You may see some ERJ-145 0r 135 fly around houston in Continental color, actually they are not owned by Continental. ExpressJets operated for them. Same as Delta who has ASA to operate Delta Connection. Mesa Air operate America West Express and United Express.

I also thinking that breaking up the airine could be a good idea for financial. which means one airline but run by two.

ie:

Snowflake- part of SAS

TED- Part of United

Song- part of Delta

Jazz- Part of Air Canada

I'm so 110% agree with ya Azuddin. I also been thinking like that. Or at least ops Iberia method of having Air Nostrum operate Iberia's Dash 8 and put a little sticker before the front forward door operated by Air Nostrum. So MAS doesn't need to lose the livery but just add a small operated by sticker. Small, simple and cost saving rather have it to repaint.

I'm so 110% agree with ya Azuddin. I also been thinking like that. Or at least ops Iberia method of having Air Nostrum operate Iberia's Dash 8 and put a little sticker before the front forward door operated by Air Nostrum. So MAS doesn't need to lose the livery but just add a small operated by sticker. Small, simple and cost saving rather have it to repaint.

you're absolutely correct Adrian. all the sold will remain wearing MH livery but with some marking which show the airline that operate it. Just like Continental Express ERJ, The title shows Continental Express but the Alison engine has ExpressJet title.

In this method, MAS will no longer take care of them, but the subsidy company is. that is a lot of money MAS will obtain since MH has almost 50 aircraft (737+F50+Dash-6) that's if MH let the subsidy operate them

Azuddin

TED - The end of uniTED

GET IT??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , it is. TED is also one way that UAL uses when they are about to meet the end, get it, bancruptcy. that's the time when they break up the fleet, TED is a lower cost version of UAL, UAL Express is under Mesa.

the slogan did says that it's part of UAL.

:lol: :lol: joking

if UNITEN going for bancruptcy, i guess there's only TEN :lol: :lol:

ie:

Snowflake- part of SAS

TED- Part of United

Song- part of Delta

Jazz- Part of Air Canada

Have been suggesting this in another topic all along, giving KLM cityhopper - part of KLM (which in turn is part of Air France-KLM) as an example...so, again, why no Malaysia Regional or -City or -Express ??? It is obvious, they should operate with a different CLA/salary system(s) :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this