MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kwek

Schiphol Jan 2005

Here's a selection of some pictures I took from last year's visit to Amsterdam.

It was an overnight flight, arriving in the early morning hours just before sunrise.

First thing I did after the long flight was to dump the lugguage into the locker room at the basement.

After breakfast, a dash to the viewing deck but alas it remained closed.

IPB Image

After an hour of roaming round the terminal to lose time, it finally opened. I was greeted by a bitter cold wind and drizzle. But after travelling so far, die die must hang on....

IPB Image

Beer anyone? You gotta be kidding...brrr....brr

IPB Image

I was impressed by the size of the viewing deck. You're just a stone's throw away and looking down at the movements! Wow!

IPB Image

No reminder required of my location. KLM planes, lots of them, big and small.

IPB Image

Also lots of KLM's alliance partner. I have never seen so many DC-10s in one place!

IPB Image

Something not so common to Asians: a de-icing station. I watched as the crew do their stuff. Maybe I need a spray to defrost as well :lol:

IPB Image

Look at the ice on the wings, don't play play.

IPB Image

To be continued....

wow, nice viewving deck.... so many three-holers.... more more more please ! :p

Something old, something new. Which one do you prefer:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Something that Pieter should be quite familiar with:

IPB Image

At the lunch hour I saw someone with a familiar looking cap - Air Asia. He looked friendly, and soon Pieter giving me the rundown of things :D. Thanks very much Pieter for that.

There were lots of different liveries to see, many for the first time.

IPB Image

IPB Image

How many tails can you identify?

IPB Image

Some rarities (at least to me)

IPB Image

This one made me abandon my lunch table and dashed across to the other side just to take this picture.

Luckily all of stuff remained as they were, thanks to the nice Russian couple who agreed to look after them. They must be wondering what this guy was up to.

IPB Image

To be continued.

Edited by Kwek

You captured our Malaysian!!!

Nice shots! Lovely Three-Holers..Love them!

I wish our Malaysia airports will have these viewing decks..!

Edited by Min Chun

Nice shots Kwek..Yup Plenty of NWA DC-10..Love the Three Holers..

Nothing exciting for the next day. No improvement of weather.

Here's an SQ B777 departing for home.

IPB Image

Somehow I prefer the old KLM livery, especially the tagline.

IPB Image

I bummed into Pieter again during the lunch hour and he offered to bring me to the famous runway sport on Saturday afternoon. Naturally I was elated and looked forward to the next day.

In the meantime, I decided to made a trip to the Aviodrome as the weather wasn't improving.

The journey itself was a challenge. Not to mention the almost freezing weather. The walk from the bus-stop to the Aviodrome is something I will not forget. :lol:

IPB Image

My reward? A very nice aviation musuem plus some really nice airliners!!!!

Big orange!

IPB Image

The constellation was my favourite.

IPB Image

Cockpit view

IPB Image

Here, they don't keep their toys after playing with them..... :lol:

IPB Image

Tsk, tsk :lol:

IPB Image

The Aviodrome located at Lelystad is certainly worth a visit. Perhaps I should have allocated more time for it.

To be continued...

The next morning, the weather seemed to have cleared.

I saw the sun for the first time since I stepped foot in Amsterdam.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The variety of traffic never cease to amaze me. An exotic combination:

IPB Image

Peter turned up as arranged and off we went to a few spots and finally to this famous location:

IPB Image

There's even a mobile canteen!

IPB Image

By unfortunately the weather turn bad, and it got colder. I remember Pieter having to switch on the heater in the car! I grab a few shots before it became impossible.... <_>

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

What a location! One day I will come back here again (in summer of course). :rolleyes:

IPB Image

Pieter knew I am into modelling and brought me to this modelling heaven.

IPB Image

That concludes my little spotting adventure in Amsterdam. Thank you Pieter for your generously hospitality and time. ;)

Oh, one last notable event. I took the last revenue flight of Air Exel, who went bust.

Lucky me. Some of my other colleagues were transferred to train (without any compensation).

IPB Image

Edited by Kwek

Kwek,

Some fabulous shots there! Enjoyed every single one! Especially your KLM 777 with the beacons! :D

Aaah..the famous Lhshop... :rolleyes:

Some fabulous shots there! Enjoyed every single one! Especially your KLM 777 with the beacons! :D

Agree With Imran.. I Love the KLM T7 With Beacons too :wub: Realy Awsome.. :blink: One Word 'Lucky'.

man, i always want to visit AMS, my dad went there every month. love all the shot of my favourite airline, KLM. BTW, mana CO :p .

Azuddin

You should ask your Dad nicely to bring you along the next time. ;)

Here's your request:

IPB Image

man, i always want to visit AMS, my dad went there every month. love all the shot of my favourite airline, KLM. BTW, mana CO :p .

Azuddin

You should ask your Dad nicely to bring you along the next time. ;)

Here's your request:

IPB Image

thanks Kwek, i love the shot of CO 764, appreciate it. my dad always ask me if i want to come along to AMS and later I turn back to KUL while he proceed to CDG for LDA since he work in Luanda. it's seems that i'm the problem here, got class and very busy.

Azuddin

Staff travel? :rolleyes:

Summer is coming and I hope my roster will indicate AMS......so far no luck... :angry: :(

Staff travel need to pay ticket cost, fuel surcharge, insurance, hotel and etc etc etc.....

Operating crew to AMS, all free and got Ah Moi to keep company for any sight seeing. The shiokness of a crew......hehe. Best part, not only free, you get paid for it.

WOW, Kwek, what a nice series of shots, and an awesome remembrance of our meet and trip to the LHshop and spotters-place at runway 24...

Just went there today again, and took some nice shots: please, check my other topics (one of "JAL" and one of "spotting runway 24")

You were really very lucky to be able to fly on the Airexel ATR42...your flight back to Maastricht, was indeed the last revenue flight they operated before biting the dust...

Did you notice the LH-shop sign has been placed onto a old windmill ? Only the base of it remains, unfortunately...

Guys, if any of you want to visit AMS, please, DO drop me a PM...I'll be most happy to show you around the airport and LH-shop ;) ;) B)

Thanks guys for the kind remarks.

I'm sure Schipol will be swarmed with spotters from MW soon......:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys for the kind remarks.

I'm sure Schipol will be swarmed with spotters from MW soon......:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the Netherlands, guys and (preferably) gals :lol: :lol: :lol: just drop me a PM !!!