MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
CH Teo

OD's "Drama"

“From both the voyage report of the flight and our understanding, the captain was instructing a third observer-trainee pilot in a stern manner as he and the co-pilot prepared for takeoff."

The captain must be 'garang'...

I would no doubt step outside and will probably take another option as well.

Addressing fellow staff in a stern manner and caused others to be uncomfortable is not acceptable to me too.

I reckon it can be demoralising to fellow staff (even if he/she is a trainee) when they have to put up by constant stern manner by their seniors.

I reckon it can be demoralising to fellow staff (even if he/she is a trainee) when they have to put up by constant stern manner by their seniors.

Indeed. Seniority and hierarchy bullshit, well practiced in Asia.

I will offload myself as well, not a proper way to train a trainee in this industry where you make your passengers feels uncomfortable on the ground, what more to say in the sky...

Sad to say, there still are dinosaurs in the aviation industry.

Look at the KE 'nut' incident too...

Disembark. Not at all comfortable to fly with a mentally stressed out crew. What's more with the recent cases of air crashes.

The pilot/s who raised his voice is surely under some stress and not fit to fly. What would happen when in a critical situation? Barking out incoherence instruction and indirectly putting more stress on the co-pilot?

Personally, I think pilots should have a calm demeanor and they should start their day off with a smile. It just make flying much more enjoyable, no?

Sad to say, there still are dinosaurs in the aviation industry.

This kind of behaviour not tolerated in the aviation industry in NZ. They speak to you in civiilsed manner,will point out the weakness and strength.Be it in the flight deck or cabin.And they know very well the consequences otherwise.Hence everyone follows this protocol.

Edited by jadivindra

Disembark. Not at all comfortable to fly with a mentally stressed out crew. What's more with the recent cases of air crashes.

The pilot/s who raised his voice is surely under some stress and not fit to fly. What would happen when in a critical situation? Barking out incoherence instruction and indirectly putting more stress on the co-pilot?

Personally, I think pilots should have a calm demeanor and they should start their day off with a smile. It just make flying much more enjoyable, no?

This always happen when an ex-air force pilot become a captain in commercial airline, the CRM was shelved aside when they train a co-pilot or even a routine flight commander. Those captains go for CRM classes just to pass the class, but will seldom practice it. They are a "monster" in a cockpit.

This always happen when an ex-air force pilot become a captain in commercial airline, the CRM was shelved aside when they train a co-pilot or even a routine flight commander. Those captains go for CRM classes just to pass the class, but will seldom practice it. They are a "monster" in a cockpit.

Some captains will use vulgar words when they were not greeted promptly by group of co-pilots when the captain walk in for reporting.

Sign in to follow this