MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Arthur W.

Skytrax World Airport Awards 2014

KLIA Voted 2nd Best Airport In Skytrax World Airport Awards 2014

KUALA LUMPUR, April 4 (Bernama) -- The Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) has been voted as the second best airport in Skytrax 2014 World Airport Awards, said Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB).

Its Managing Director Tan Sri Bashir Ahmad said the award, which was announced on March 26 at the Passenger Terminal Expo in Barcelona, Spain, was not the first award received the airport.

"KLIA has been consistently receiving accolades from Skytrax since 2010, which is a testimony of our relentless efforts to enhance our customers' experience and satisfaction when using KLIA," he said in a statement today.

He said with klia2 replacing the low-cost carrier terminal, MAHB will soon have much bigger and better facilities and it will be well positioned to support the robust growth of traffic into Malaysia.

"We are optimistic that we will continue to perform well as klia2 will only offer better services, comfort level and experience which will be an added value to our customers," he added.

The World Airport Awards are based on 12.85 million customer nominations across 110 nationalities of air travellers, and it covered 410 airports worldwide.

The survey evaluates customer satisfaction across 39 key performance indicators for airport service and product -- from check-in, arrivals, transfers, shopping, security and immigration, through to departure at the gate.

-- BERNAMA

link: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/bu/newsbusiness.php?id=1027971

Published today by Bernama.

But I thought KLIA wasn't even in the top 10 list?

Wasn't Incheon 2nd?

Can anyone clarify?

Competing among all these airports, no doubt KLIA could emerge as 2nd.

1 Incheon International Airport ICN Seoul South Korea 2 Kuala Lumpur Int'l Airport KUL Kuala Lumpur Malaysia 3 San Francisco Int'l Airport SFO San Francisco USA 4 Shanghai Pudong Int'l Airport PVG Shanghai China 5 Charlotte/Douglas Int'l Airport CLT Charlotte USA 6 Las Vegas McCarran Int'l Airport LAS Las Vegas USA 7 Phoenix Sky Harbor Int'l Airport PHX Phoenix USA 8 Miami International Airport MIA Miami USA

Not until recently when suddenly KLIA were flooded with inadmissible passengers. You can see lot of them loitering at 2nd floor satellite terminal. Quite unpleasant view from some of the tourists and transiting passengers. :glare:

Yes, KLIA was awarded the 2nd best airport - in the 40-50 million passenger category

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards_2014/best_airport_40to50million.htm

Spin any which way you like

OMG... yeah, you're right.

This is outright Malaysian mainstream media spinning!!! They never specified the category hence almost everyone will assume it's an overall runner-up award!

OMG... yeah, you're right.

This is outright Malaysian mainstream media spinning!!! They never specified the category hence almost everyone will assume it's an overall runner-up award!

Actually it's more likely to be MAB Comms spinning via Press Release. On news such as this Bernama usually will either publish the PR verbatim or with a few edits.

Shiok Sendiri.....I'm sure MAHB gav quite some substiantial donations here....to get into 2nd place for whatever category they r in....

Edited by Raymund Yeoh

Shiok Sendiri.....I'm sure MAHB gav quite some substiantial donations here....to get into 2nd place for whatever category they r in....

Nah, that cannot be. Have you guys been to other airports in the list? If you have been to all and fully understood how the airport facilities there, you won't utter the same things.

Though one thing I may not satisfied with KLIA is ever the toilets, some of the toilets are too wet, or all public toilets in Malaysia are always wet. They should remove the bidet.

I am more critical about Skytrash than KLIA. Seems like they wanted to dish out as many awards as possible with different segmentation. If you are not in the business chances are you'll get confuse, which is good for ALL the award winners.

I am more critical about Skytrash than KLIA. Seems like they wanted to dish out as many awards as possible with different segmentation. If you are not in the business chances are you'll get confuse, which is good for ALL the award winners.

totally. I wonder if there is the need to branch it out into so many categories?

best airport in asia. then best airport in china. best regional airport in asia. best regional airport in china.

to please everyone?

Guys - I don't know only why this became an issue only know or folks only now waking up.....MAHB has, before this, been stating that KLIA was the best airport and posters etc on this were all over...but only after reading carefully the fine print (smaller font size) on the same poster did it become quite clear that it was the top airport in the 20-30m pax category, as awarded by Skytrax. It's nothing new, and just a play on statistics...

No difference to, say, the Thai Airways billboards near KLIA, stating "Nonstop to ", say, "Stockholm"....TG didn't say non-stop from KUL.

So, it's nothing new from Skytrax....various categories to allow various recipients to milk the awards in any manner they wish.

So, move on now...nothing to see here.

So, it's nothing new from Skytrax....various categories to allow various recipients to milk the awards in any manner they wish.

E.g signature dish

Charlotte airport is one of the worst airports I've ever been through. It is so disorganised and the staff there are so rude!

Sign in to follow this