MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Colin Kok

My Little contribution

Hi Guys,

Some candid shots taken during my recent NRT trip. Pls enjoy it's more of scenic view. :D

Cheers

Goodbye Mecure hotel, Seeya soon again ;)

IPB Image

"Tokyo Control" Singapore 997 climbing FL 380. Me sitting at back enjoying making R/Ts.

IPB Image

Tokyo Haneda Airport on the right below.

IPB Image

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Gals. Mt Fujisan to your right, please enjoy the view.

IPB Image

Another Traffic 2000ft above us. Same Airway and route to Singapore

IPB Image

Jump seat view at 38000ft or FL 380

IPB Image

Edited by Colin Kok

Nice shots, it's so happy to be a pilot!

Do you guys really make annoucement everytime you see nice view(like the mt. view), remember my flight to PEN the pilot say "lad n gen, pulau tioman is insight"

Thanks 4 sharing

z

Hi Seth,

Mostly during the day times, if the sightings are fantastic. The crew will mostly make a PA announcement to intro the islands or landscapes below.

I just got back from Paris and the Capt made a long and interesting PA overflying the Swiss Alps. Also saw very clearly Zurich Airport from the air.

Hello Norman,

Glad you enjoy. I see what I have and post them up very soon. Cheers :D

Colin

Ok Guys,

Ready for the real deck.

My best view in the plane <_<

IPB Image

Looking left towards Capt's side :)

IPB Image

My instruments, cruising at FL330 :lol: What a huge flight yoke !!! :o

IPB Image

Future Fleet maybe someday, got this shot from Terminal 1 viewing mall during last day of AA2006 :D

IPB Image

Please enjoy,

Colin

Colin/Everyone:

Haneda pic - the roads running parallel to the rwys are actually highway coming out of Tokyo Bay undersea tunnel and leads into downtown Tokyo. It connects Chiba prefecture with Yokohama and Tokyo, allowing drivers to drive in straight line under the bar area instead of circum-navigating the bay.

Just it emerges to the surface, the tunnel splits into a fork: Yokohama direction (southwest) or downtown Tokyo (northeast). I remember a tour guide remarked that the tunnel was built to last about 100 years at a cost of JPY1bil/km (roughly USD9mil/km).

Colin/Everyone:

Haneda pic - the roads running parallel to the rwys are actually highway coming out of Tokyo Bay undersea tunnel and leads into downtown Tokyo. It connects Chiba prefecture with Yokohama and Tokyo, allowing drivers to drive in straight line under the bar area instead of circum-navigating the bay.

Just it emerges to the surface, the tunnel splits into a fork: Yokohama direction (southwest) or downtown Tokyo (northeast). I remember a tour guide remarked that the tunnel was built to last about 100 years at a cost of JPY1bil/km (roughly USD9mil/km).

Which runways ?

Wooa Collin nice Picture there.. Cool Cool !!!

Look Like we have new pilot in house.. Anyway Welcome Here.. Hope to see some more of 'Queen of The Sky' side that we can't see from you.

Colin will join darkside very soon. Of course I have to let him touch my 200 series first. Then we get good Four Four shots here. Welcome to the club!!

Which runways ?

The 2 civilian rwys run parallel to the highway. Highway comes out to the surface and goes down again.

IPB Image

Edited by Denny Yen

Thanks guys,

More to come soon. Let me see what I have, maybe Alaska from the air.

Denny: you are cool !!

That's a wonderful illustration using Flight Sim ? No wonder I see the scenery so familiar. Ha Ha Ha..... :lol:

Cheers,

Colin

Colin will join darkside very soon. Of course I have to let him touch my 200 series first. Then we get good Four Four shots here. Welcome to the club!!

yeah!!! dark side rocks........trust me colin, you wont regret!

Colin, were you on a 747-412F SQ Cargo, spotted 9V-SFJ?

From what I know, Haneda is pretty much a domestic airport only with a handful of international traffic. China Airlines is one of the airlines still serving Haneda, wonder if they go to Narita as well.

Haneda is a heaven of spotting the JAL and ANA 777-300 non-ERs, 747-100SR and 747-400D!!!

Denny, isn't there a bridge connecting end of China prefecture with Tokyo around Haneda which just finished about 5-6 years ago? I think the connection is half bridge and half underground tunnel.

Edited by S V Choong

Azahan, Yea man !! Well said. Got to build my funds first b4 getting a powerful photography machine like leech. Haa Haa :lol:

SV: Yes second set of pictures, I was operating SQ cargo Freighter. As I am employed under SIA main fleet terms, I fly both the PAX version and Cargo freighters. My counterparts employed by SIA Cargo only get to fly the Cargo version after turning full-pledged crew. Though they get to fly both too "only" during their line training.

Hope this info helps. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Colin

China Airlines is one of the airlines still serving Haneda, wonder if they go to Narita as well.

S V,

From what I can see from my reservations system: CI operates to NRT only nowadays (no more CI flights to HND) ;)

Denny, isn't there a bridge connecting end of China prefecture with Tokyo around Haneda which just finished about 5-6 years ago? I think the connection is half bridge and half underground tunnel.

It was opened about 8-9 years ago and toll is payable. The bridge starts from southern Chiba's Kisarazu city (aviators will recognize this waypoint). It reaches to about 1/3 of the way where there is an artificial island. You can stop here (there are restaurants, viewing area, fishing area, parking lots, you can make u-turn here, etc). After the island, traffic goes undersea for the remaining 2/3 of the journey.

There is another undersea linking Honshu (northern tip) to Hokkaido Island, which is amongst the top 3 or 5 longest undersea tunnel in the world. That one shows even more impressive engineering skills.

From what I know, Haneda is pretty much a domestic airport only with a handful of international traffic. China Airlines is one of the airlines still serving Haneda, wonder if they go to Narita as well.

CI flies to NRT now. No more confusion for passengers because the formal names for each airport is as follow: Haneda = Tokyo Int'l Airport; Narita = New Tokyo Int'l Airport.

Haneda is purely domestic now, although visiting heads of gov't can still use it. For e.g., in 2004 - Air Force One arrived there.

Sign in to follow this