MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
JingKai Seah

MH 717 to CGK cancellation, flight changed to MH 721

I was one of the passenger of this flight today.. Posting this right now from KLIA.. Heard from the MH staff at transfer counter telling us that there was technical fault with one engine on the equipment..

May I ask anyone knows which exact plane that suffered this technical fault? Just curious..

Anyways, many unhappy passengers because flight now becomes MH 721 at 1350 instead of MH 717 at 0955.. Meaning a 3 hr 55 min delay..

Many passenger will miss their connecting flight at CGK.. and some are on business trip and hence will miss their meetings too.. The best MH could do was to get us on to MH 721 because other airlines flights are either full or no flight.. And as compensation they gave us meal voucher..

For meal its stikk alright as I am not in rush or anything.. In fact. I can stay airside and explore satellite building and sort of plane spot all the heavies inclusing a380 lol.. Plus i get a free meal at delifrance.. Not exactly free, the voucher is worth RM13 according to delifrance staff.. I still gotta top up a little bit.. But not bad overall :)

Load on both MH721 and MH717 must not be very good that they are able to cramp everyone originally on MH717 to MH721 ?

Just checked.. Looks like MH721 has been upgraded to A330.. Cuz the gate has been changed to satellite terminal C36 & the plane is now in front of gate C36 @ satellite terminal

You should be among the rare breed of people who enjoy delayed flight :D ..there's not much of us nowadays

Looks like ive been upgraded from B738 to A333 :).. 9M-MTH will be ferrying me to CGK :)

To get a sudden eqv upgrade like that is lucky for people like us :lol:

Edited by jahur

Plus i get a free meal at delifrance.. Not exactly free, the voucher is worth RM13 according to delifrance staff..

What sort of scrooge is running the show at MH - RM13 at KLIA airside ?! :)

For comparison, EY forked out RM25 breakfast vouchers a couple of years ago when we arrived late into KLIA, that after having fed us on flight in too :D

What sort of scrooge is running the show at MH - RM13 at KLIA airside ?! :)

For comparison, EY forked out RM25 breakfast vouchers a couple of years ago when we arrived late into KLIA, that after having fed us on flight in too :D

at least it is something, rather than nothing.

at least it is something, rather than nothing.

Yep, also been stranded with little more than an apology too, so no arguing with that logic ! :)

I got TWD200 (RM21.60) voucher from Asiana Airlines when our flight from Taipei to Seoul was delayed for only 1 hour last year :p

I would have enjoyed more time in the MH lounge with this delay... ;)

is there a delay compensation clause in MHinsure? and what are the T/Cs?

For international travel:

We will pay for each completed 8 consecutive hours period if a disruption to your journey arising from strike/industrial action, adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown/derangement or structural defect of the carrier you were scheduled to travel in. If the carrier provides alternative means of transportation at no additional cost to you which will influence and assist continuing the scheduled journey, the alternative schedule must be accepted and any consequential cost would not constitute a claim.

For domestic travel it will be a delay of 6 consecutive hours.

International T&C: https://mas-ma-wl.poweredbycovermore.com/files/documents/MAMA_International.pdf

Domestic T&C: https://mas-ma-wl.poweredbycovermore.com/files/documents/MAMA_Domestic.pdf

I was delayed for few hours on last 31/6/13....MH1252 KUL-AOR was scheduled to depart at 1955, but due to some technical reasons, the flight was delayed....each pax were given two meal vouchers ( RM20 per voucher, RM40 in total) as a compensation.

we were finally departed at 2315.

6-8 hours, that's not really a good deal.

(from personal experience) when it gets beyond the 3-4 hours delay, one's innate thought would be to trade everything for that one glimmer of hope for onward progress of one's journey. Hence personally, it doesn't ever get to point of deliberation whether it's a good deal or not :lol:

I was delayed for few hours on last 31/6/13....MH1252 KUL-AOR was scheduled to depart at 1955, but due to some technical reasons, the flight was delayed....each pax were given two meal vouchers ( RM20 per voucher, RM40 in total) as a compensation.

we were finally departed at 2315.

June got 31st eh?

June got 31st eh?

He was probably implying that given the rarity of a June 31st, it was also a very rare event that MH handed out relatively generous amounts of food coupons!

To get a sudden eqv upgrade like that is lucky for people like us :lol:

Yes indeed.. It was superb for me.. Anyways.. I just landed back at KUL via MH 712 and 9M-MXE was the one that took me home :)

Sign in to follow this